Android Q Beta (Developer Preview) for OnePlus 6/6T

1. drl431 KitKat Jun 4, 2019

drl431, Jun 4, 2019 :
    This developer preview was released on May 7. You can only update to a newer OS, not an older one.
    So if your current OS is newer than May 7, you would have to roll back.

Maverick2.0, ironass and Kytharsis like this.
  2. gamer.gg Froyo Jun 4, 2019

gamer.gg, Jun 4, 2019 :
    I don't think it works that way(the software he/she is using is android 9 and wants to upgrade to android q so idk that 'that' is a downgrade) not respective of date of release.

3. drl431 KitKat Jun 4, 2019

drl431, Jun 4, 2019 :
    If your belief makes you happy... who am I to interfere.

Maverick2.0 and ironass like this.
  4. gamer.gg Froyo Jun 4, 2019

gamer.gg, Jun 4, 2019 :
    [e]1f602[/e]

5. paras@honey Donut Jun 5, 2019

iDrewn likes this.
  6. uae727 Froyo Jun 5, 2019

uae727, Jun 5, 2019 :
    android q beta 4 has been released and now u need to wait to get next dp update

aleshido, iDrewn and paras@honey like this.
  7. larsonthekidrs14 Gingerbread Jun 5, 2019

aleshido and iDrewn like this.
  8. iDrewn Eclair Jun 5, 2019

aleshido and larsonthekidrs14 like this.
  9. larsonthekidrs14 Gingerbread Jun 5, 2019

larsonthekidrs14, Jun 5, 2019 :
    someone on reddit said 1 day or more. I remember when beta 3 came out it took like 3 or 4 hours. so I'm going to say 8 hours at the most. come on OnePlus you got this.

10. Owski97 Gingerbread Jun 5, 2019

Owski97, Jun 5, 2019 :
    no ETA

larsonthekidrs14 likes this.
  11. larsonthekidrs14 Gingerbread Jun 5, 2019

12. Chumdini Gingerbread Jun 5, 2019

Chumdini, Jun 5, 2019 :
    that seems silly to even call someone about the beta not coming out as fast as you like

AdikartaDasa and drl431 like this.
  13. alexferdean Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 5, 2019

alexferdean, Jun 5, 2019 :
    Don't expect any answer. He doesn't know.

drl431 likes this.
  14. ironass KitKat Jun 5, 2019

ironass, Jun 5, 2019 :
    If and when OnePlus issue another Developers Preview that is based on the Google developers preview beta 4 release, today, it will still be, for most people, unusable as a daily driver.

This is from Google's Android Q, Program Overview...

"At Beta 4 you’ll have access to the final APIs and SDK to develop with, as well as updated beta system images to test system behaviors and features. Android Q will provide a standard API level at this time. You can begin final compatibility testing of your legacy apps and refine any new code that is using the APIs or features.

Also starting in Beta 4, you’ll be able to publish apps to devices running Android Q at the official API level, such as consumer devices that have opted into the Android Beta program. You can publish into the Google Play alpha and beta channels first, so you can test your apps with Android Beta consumers before distributing broadly on the store."

As you can see, this will be far from the finished release product and as before, is primarily for Android developers to test their programmes and apps.

Nonetheless, I will expect to see the mad, headlong, rush from noobs and the Walking Unread that we saw in the previous release, who will think that they have a fully finished and operating version of Android Q. This will then be followed by the inevitable posts, admonishing OnePlus for Android Q and demanding to be spoon fed back to stable OxygenOS.

I have just ordered in, extra potato chips and beer for the floor show!

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!" ;)

15. larsonthekidrs14 Gingerbread Jun 5, 2019

they said they would email me when that start to push out ota.

16. Chumdini Gingerbread Jun 5, 2019

Chumdini, Jun 5, 2019 :
    is this seat taken?

ironass likes this.
  17. larsonthekidrs14 Gingerbread Jun 5, 2019

so.....

18. aleshido Froyo Jun 5, 2019

aleshido, Jun 5, 2019 :
    You definitely got a point there. but for those who are conscious of the beta instability
    What is your take on you OnePlus releasing their binaries with beta 4 build?

This is my first year with a OnePlus device and I never followed their developer program before... don't know if I should when expect a new release just because Google announced it.

larsonthekidrs14 likes this.
  19. Chumdini Gingerbread Jun 5, 2019

Chumdini, Jun 5, 2019 :
    show of likes how many are planning to install this developer preview as soon as it drops?

iDrewn and larsonthekidrs14 like this.
  20. iDrewn Eclair Jun 5, 2019