Android Q Beta (Developer Preview) for OnePlus 6/6T

1. jaygatsby9909 Honeycomb Jun 5, 2019

jaygatsby9909, Jun 5, 2019 :
    I've been jumping on the beta bandwagon ever since Android 7 on my Nexus 6.

iDrewn and Drewgaren like this.
  2. aleshido Froyo Jun 5, 2019

aleshido, Jun 5, 2019 :
    you've been using beta 3 in a daily basis? I tested but there were some features I couldn't spend days without... my fingerprint was not working for whatever reason for example

Maverick2.0 and iDrewn like this.
  3. jaygatsby9909 Honeycomb Jun 5, 2019

I didn't jump on it this time. I watched a ton of reviews and read a ton more and they all said it was not for daily use. After using a completely buggy and unstable build of Android 7 on my Nexus 6 we're almost nothing works I decided to wait at least one more.

aleshido and ironass like this.
  4. Drewgaren Eclair Jun 5, 2019

Drewgaren, Jun 5, 2019 :
    I personally have not one my 6T or 7 Pro. too unstable, but DP4 should be more stable. I have used it as a daily on my Pixel 3 XL but that's a different story.

aleshido likes this.
  5. aleshido Froyo Jun 5, 2019

aleshido, Jun 5, 2019 :
    Were the bugs similar between pixel an oneplus in the beta builds?

Maverick2.0 likes this.
  6. jaygatsby9909 Honeycomb Jun 5, 2019

My brother has a pixel 2 and he's been running dp3 the whole time. he says his phone is acting pretty much exactly the way he would expect it to which is to say there are almost no bugs to the average user.

Drewgaren and aleshido like this.
  7. aleshido Froyo Jun 5, 2019

aleshido, Jun 5, 2019 :
    if you draw a parallel line between pixel developer preview and OnePlus beta ( instead developer preview) I can totally imagine that scenario! [e]1f601[/e]

jaygatsby9909 and Drewgaren like this.
  8. Drewgaren Eclair Jun 5, 2019

Drewgaren, Jun 5, 2019 :
    I had almost no bugs on the Pixel 3 XL, the most I ever had was some finance apps crashing in DP2. the OnePlus builds we're littered with bugs.

aleshido likes this.
  9. JelleZon KitKat Jun 5, 2019

JelleZon, Jun 5, 2019 :
    the op builds are not usable lol

aleshido and Drewgaren like this.
  10. MattiaMlg Eclair Jun 5, 2019

aleshido and iDrewn like this.
  11. aleshido Froyo Jun 5, 2019

aleshido, Jun 5, 2019 :
    yo! no clue yet, based on past betas, it looks like it could take one week. but you never know

MattiaMlg likes this.
  12. MattiaMlg Eclair Jun 5, 2019

MattiaMlg, Jun 5, 2019 :
    Thank you!

aleshido likes this.
  13. ButtKiss Eclair Jun 5, 2019

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019

aleshido likes this.
  14. aleshido Froyo Jun 5, 2019

aleshido, Jun 5, 2019 :
    regardless the definition, I believe it's hard to get an answer for that anyway... I mean, there was no milestone or target date for Google release a new was there? Unless "q3" is information enough to have an idea.

Maverick2.0 and iDrewn like this.
  15. ButtKiss Eclair Jun 5, 2019

ButtKiss, Jun 5, 2019 :
    you can look at the graph. beta 4 starts in june. if you search google you will find posts 2 to 5 hours ago related to the release of beta 4. it is live at this moment. google was on point. judging by the graph beta 5 looks like it's gonna be on in about 1.5 months (15 july). Shortly after beta 6 looks to appear in a timeframe that looks like half a month. i guess 1 august. after that, half a month or a full month i believe official will be released. i'd say september.

This is my personal oppinion expressed in a timeframe. Image represantation here.
    1559770632001.jpg

aleshido likes this.
  16. aleshido Froyo Jun 5, 2019

aleshido, Jun 5, 2019 :
    fair enough! thanks for the Android program timeline btw, I took a look at it before replying back to save you time.

It's my first time following a developer preview so closely, so I have no idea on how to guesstimate some dates... might not as well give it a shot to not generate rumours that might lead to frustration and more pressure for people begging for Dev preview (probably broken) releases.

17. ButtKiss Eclair Jun 5, 2019

ButtKiss, Jun 5, 2019 :
    How much worse can false rumors get? Will they start asking for ETAs and flash beta software on their phones and then cry for stable? ;)

aleshido likes this.
  18. aleshido Froyo Jun 5, 2019

aleshido, Jun 5, 2019 :

ButtKiss

How much worse can false rumors get? Will they start asking for ETAs and flash beta software on their phones and then cry for stable?​

lol I know right? but at least that will be not coming from something I said, that's just that

now in terms of setting expectation, I'm just having some fun posting on the forum to help me keep up to date in case a beta 4 is coming anytime soon lol

19. ButtKiss Eclair Jun 5, 2019

ButtKiss, Jun 5, 2019 :
    A man with principles. I like that.

aleshido likes this.
  20. aleshido Froyo Jun 5, 2019

aleshido, Jun 5, 2019 :
    it gotta start somewhere! hahahahah

ButtKiss likes this.