Android Q Beta (Developer Preview) for OnePlus 6/6T

1. KMaziuk Donut Jun 11, 2019

KMaziuk, Jun 11, 2019 :
    maps and Google app were stuck in light mode, but here's a dark mode pic for photos!
    1560224539697.jpg

2. Yeshutrozens Gingerbread Jun 11, 2019

Yeshutrozens, Jun 11, 2019 :
    Cool!! Just try what i said to do with Google calendar Dark theme!! it will work!

KMaziuk likes this.
  3. KMaziuk Donut Jun 11, 2019

KMaziuk, Jun 11, 2019 :
    fixed, thank you!!

4. Yeshutrozens Gingerbread Jun 11, 2019

Thanks?? We're Community members! we need to develop our community that's the motto!! well creating a thread for OnePlus community app for dark mode is also a major thing!

pmoar3 and KMaziuk like this.
  5. kalsirajan99@gma Cupcake Jun 11, 2019

kalsirajan99@gma, Jun 11, 2019 :
    OnePlus 6t
    stable version 9.0.14

6. Yeshutrozens Gingerbread Jun 11, 2019

As you updated the device! Developer's Preview was behind that! So It can't roll back again!! Wait for Developer's preview 2 or beta Q 4!

7. F_Peter_Graaf_oNjo Donut Jun 11, 2019

8. Easwaramurthy Froyo Jun 11, 2019

9. SergeantSellout Eclair Jun 11, 2019

ironass and iDrewn like this.
  10. ironass KitKat Jun 11, 2019

ironass, Jun 11, 2019 :
    Android Q beta 4 roll-out suspended

Update 6/6:

Google has confirmed via Reddit that it will paused OTA updates for Android Q Beta 4 until further notice due to failing updates. The pause applies for all Pixel devices, but Google says that it will provide further information once the issue is fixed.

"We’re aware of an issue with Android Q Beta 4 related to installing updates. We’ve temporarily paused Beta 4 OTA updates to all Pixel devices as we investigate the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience, and will provide an update once the issue is resolved."
    Source

Known issues in Beta 4

"Like in previous versions, Beta 4 is still in active development so the Android system and apps may not always work as expected, in particular popular gaming apps and banking/finance apps may crash, Google Photos may send wrong metadata affecting gallery order, and picture-in-picture window may not work as expected in full gestural navigation mode. We’re actively working on fixes to be included in future updates.

We recommend reviewing the latest Pixel known issues and general advisories before enrolling or installing the Beta 4 update.
    "

Source

Top issues for users
    Note the following top user-facing issues.

Top open issues
    • Some popular games and banking apps may crash because of an internal change in Android Q. See Bionic libraries and dynamic linker paths for technical details.
    • Banking and finance apps might not work as expected.
    Top resolved issues
    After installing Beta 4, users will see these resolved issues.

• The Physical activity permission now gates access to the user’s step count.
    Known issues, Android Platform
    Bionic libraries and dynamic linker paths

Some apps and games that depend on DRM or security libraries might crash due to a change to Bionic libraries and dynamic linker paths in Android Q. App and library developers should read more detailed information in the Behavior Changes for All Apps.

Permissions

• If an app is granted the Physical activity permission and the app is then updated to target Android Q, the permission is reset. Users need to re-grant the permission in the app.
    Android Enterprise

• Device Policy Controller apps targeting Android Q should no longer callWifiManager.saveConfiguration(). This method is now deprecated.
    • If a fully-managed device that’s already provisioned is tapped against an NFC tag with valid provisioning parameters, the device triggers the provisioning flow instead of displaying a notification that it’s already set up.
    • If Hide sensitive work content is enabled for a work profile:
      • The lock screen fails to hide the content of work profile notifications.
      • The notifications drawer incorrectly hides work profile notification content.
    • Devices in lock task mode don’t support fully gestural navigation.
    • The work profile security challenge screen doesn’t respond to the home gesture when fully gestural navigation is enabled.
    Known issues, Google apps
    Based on our testing, you might encounter functional issues while using the Google apps below on Beta 4. These issues are already known, so there’s no need to file issue additional reports for similar issues.

Google Photos
    Google Photos on Android Q Beta 4 may send the wrong metadata for videos to the Photos service, which can cause issues with timestamps and affect the ordering of videos in the gallery. This issue will be addressed by an upcoming app update.

YouTube
    The YouTube app may not display picture-in-picture window as expected when gestural navigation mode is enabled on the device.
    Source

You have been WARNED! :eek:

(Have got my potato chips and beers ready... bring on the, "Walking Unread")

11. jaygatsby9909 Honeycomb Jun 11, 2019

jaygatsby9909, Jun 11, 2019 :
    Although I can see where this could cause a delay I started thinking that maybe not. It applies to Pixel devices and not all of them. FDR fixes it and Essential isn't having any issues. OnePlus updates don't come directly from Google (as in Google pushing them to our phones) and it's an issue with the seamless update and the system checking to make sure the new OS is ok. I don't know that this applies to OnePlus but we'll see.

12. AdikartaDasa Gingerbread Jun 11, 2019

iDrewn likes this.
  13. larsonthekidrs14 Gingerbread Jun 11, 2019

14. AdikartaDasa Gingerbread Jun 11, 2019

iDrewn likes this.
  15. larsonthekidrs14 Gingerbread Jun 11, 2019

16. jaygatsby9909 Honeycomb Jun 11, 2019

jaygatsby9909, Jun 11, 2019 :
    Actually, it's not"rolling now" is Google suspended the update until they figure out why it was bootlooping some Pixels. As I stated in my post above I'm not sure if this will have an impact on OnePlus delivering their version of Android Q or not.

17. AdikartaDasa Gingerbread Jun 11, 2019

AdikartaDasa, Jun 11, 2019 :
    Wrong.

1560286188965.jpg

iDrewn and SergeantSellout like this.
  18. larsonthekidrs14 Gingerbread Jun 11, 2019

iDrewn likes this.
  19. jaygatsby9909 Honeycomb Jun 11, 2019

20. larsonthekidrs14 Gingerbread Jun 11, 2019

larsonthekidrs14, Jun 11, 2019 :
    I agree