Android Q Beta (Developer Preview) for OnePlus 6/6T

1. devesh darji
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2019

2. jaygatsby9909
    Honeycomb Jun 12, 2019

jaygatsby9909 , Jun 12, 2019 :
    I guarantee you that they will not skip it any of the developer previews except maybe the last one before stable release. Skipping any would make the OnePlus community absolutely lose their sh*t and OnePlus knows it.

iDrewn likes this.
  3. src52
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2019

src52 , Jun 12, 2019 :

Yeah, because the only thing most people on this forum do is whine and cry and complain about absolutely everything imaginable. Nothing is ever good enough for them, and they always want more, for less, right now. And if they don't get what they want, they post "Oh, OnePlus is horrible now, they're the worst" straight from their OnePlus phones.

There's just a strong vibe of entitlement and childishness here. Not saying you act this way, but *a lot* of these people do for some reason. I'm sure you know the kind of people I'm talking about.

It's genuinely obnoxious sometimes.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019

4. pmoar3
    Froyo Jun 13, 2019

pmoar3 , Jun 13, 2019 :
    Good presentation of your vies ont the current hot topic. Thanks

5. Trevor.Hawkes
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 13, 2019

Trevor.Hawkes , Jun 13, 2019 :
    What on earth makes you think they would have any interest in what this forum or community has to say about anything, especially about updates.

6. jaygatsby9909
    Honeycomb Jun 13, 2019

jaygatsby9909 , Jun 13, 2019 :
    OnePlus is very active in the community and generally listens to their customers requests. I feel like this is a really well known fact. That was a really odd question if you know anything about this company and its user base.

7. pmoar3
    Froyo Jun 13, 2019

pmoar3 , Jun 13, 2019 :
    Yes they bought the must demanded feature like digital wellbeing.

8. Trevor.Hawkes

My post was a comment on the majority of posts here not on OnePlus.

Although, I would just like to mention the OnePlus 2 and the headset jack as a comment on OnePlus. If that's an example of them listening to customers I don't think much of it.

iDrewn likes this.
  9. jaygatsby9909
    Honeycomb Jun 13, 2019

I see. The OnePlus 2 and X were certainly disappointments. But I think OnePlus learned from that. As far as the headphone jack...eh. It's the market trend these days. Unless you're a huge audiophile BT is good enough. And with aptX HD it sounds pretty dang good. Couple that with a really good pair of headphones and the difference is not noticeable at all. MP3 (or MP4a) quality is middling at best anyway. If you really want amazing sound you have to go FLAC and that is just not really good for phones as the files are huge. Besides, necessity is the mother of invention. If we are all forced to use BT then the technology will only get better and better that much faster.

iDrewn likes this.
  10. Trevor.Hawkes

The head phone jack was put to the vote. Retain or Remove was voted on and, from memory, 80% of the voters wanted to retain it. So, they removed it.
    If, as you say, OnePlus had learned from the 2 and X there would be a 3.5 jack to this day.

11. jaygatsby9909
    Honeycomb Jun 13, 2019

Trevor.Hawkes

The head phone jack was put to the vote. Retain or Remove was voted on and, from memory, 80% of the voters wanted to retain it. So, they removed it.
    If, as you say, OnePlus had learned from the 2 and X there would be a 3.5 jack to this day.​

I'd be willing to bet that, mostly, you would see they listen too their fan base. I personally don't care about a headphone jack. If it that big a deal then just get a good USB-C to 3.5mm dongle. Keep it attached to your headphones at all times at it's great. People complain that they can't charge their phone and listen to headphones at the same time. That is a small user base as I have NEVER done that starting with the MOTO Droid 10 years ago. NOT ONCE EVER in 10 years of smartphones. My son gets along just fine with his wired OnePlus bullets v2, a usbc to 3.5mm dongle and OnePlus 6T. Non-issue for me as I have a OnePlus 6. Still use BT exclusively though.

12. Trevor.Hawkes

If you use the forum posters as the fan base you mention please go and read through the forums and then come back and tell us they listen to their fan base.

To dismiss what I said about the headset jack is just what OnePlus did at the time of the vote. The requirement for that jack was not based on sound quality and nor was it just a whim.
    People voted for it and OnePlus didn't listen to them about that anymore than they do about most requests.
    Bluetooth headsets are a pain and the charging port is not a good thing to stress with an adaptor and headset cable hanging on it.
    But, the reasons are irrelevant. Oneplus asked it's customers what to do then ignored the answer.

13. jaygatsby9909
    Honeycomb Jun 13, 2019

Well clearly I'm not going to sway you away from your opinion and you're not going to sway me away from mine. But really in the end what does this have to do with Android Q which is about this particular forum is for. So with that being said there's really nothing more to say on the subject.

ade0410 likes this.
  14. F_Peter_Graaf_oNjo
    Donut Jun 13, 2019

iDrewn, ade0410 and SergeantSellout like this.
  15. jaygatsby9909
    Honeycomb Jun 13, 2019

That's what I said above. I'm hoping for a release tomorrow but we'll see.

iDrewn and ade0410 like this.
  16. devesh darji
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2019

17. drl431
    Lollipop Jun 14, 2019

drl431 , Jun 14, 2019 :
    Once Android Q leaves the developer preview stage and enters open beta testing, it will begin to be more user friendly.

ironass likes this.
  18. jaygatsby9909
    Honeycomb Jun 14, 2019

jaygatsby9909 , Jun 14, 2019 :
    Looks like I was right. It's up.

19. MattiaMlg
    Eclair Jun 14, 2019

20. jaygatsby9909
    Honeycomb Jun 14, 2019

jaygatsby9909 , Jun 14, 2019 :
    If you read my post right above yours you would see that you can download it now.