Android Q Beta (Developer Preview) for OnePlus 6/6T

1. Om_Parikh
    Cupcake May 10, 2019

Om_Parikh , May 10, 2019 :
    DO NOT UPGR
    DO NOT UPGRADE ON ONE PLUS 6
    After upgrading resetting the phone will cause it to brick asking you to enter a PIN you have not even set. This makes your phone completely unusable for an hour where you are stuck entering a PIN until you force a factory reset. Revert to pie as soon as possible people.
    For those who are currently encountering the problem.
    Do not worry. Continue entering the PIN until a warning for factory rest comes about. Enter the pin to force the system to factory reset. You will be able to set your phone up again, but I strongly advise you to revert.

2. Om_Parikh
    Cupcake May 10, 2019

Om_Parikh , May 10, 2019 :
    DO NOT UPGRADE ON ONE PLUS 6
    After upgrading resetting the phone will cause it to brick asking you to enter a PIN you have not even set. This makes your phone completely unusable for an hour where you are stuck entering a PIN until you force a factory reset. Revert to pie as soon as possible people.
    For those who are currently encountering the problem.
    Do not worry. Continue entering the PIN until a warning for factory rest comes about. Enter the pin to force the system to factory reset. You will be able to set your phone up again, but I strongly advise you to revert.

3. F_Mallikarjun_Gopshetti_
    Cupcake May 10, 2019

4. X1509185521678
    Gingerbread May 10, 2019

X1509185521678 , May 10, 2019 :
    Hell yeah, buddy

5. F_Mallikarjun_Gopshetti_
    Cupcake May 10, 2019

6. LeoTheLeopard
    Donut May 10, 2019

LeoTheLeopard , May 10, 2019 :
    I am having trouble updating my 6T to Android Q, I have downloaded the .zip file onto my phone's storage as in the screenshot below;

1557524732718.jpg
    But the problem is when I go to Settings > System > System Update but there isn't an icon in the top right corner, I've gone to YouTube for help but I have noticed that my screen does not look like the ones in the video, mine looks like this;

1557524833093.jpg
    If there's any way for me to update my phone please tell me how because I cannot do it.

7. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 May 10, 2019

Artemus. , May 10, 2019 :
    Unless you know exactly what you are doing, stay far away from this build as there is encryption issues and a lot of things missing.

cereal_kllr, zoran81 and ironass like this.
  8. Dinz_96
    Cupcake May 10, 2019

9. ironass
    Lollipop May 10, 2019

ironass , May 10, 2019 :
    Do you have the stock, unconverted, T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant of phone?

10. LeoTheLeopard
    Donut May 10, 2019

LeoTheLeopard , May 10, 2019 :
    Yes

11. ironass
    Lollipop May 10, 2019

ironass , May 10, 2019 :
    T-Mobile (USA) does not allow Local upgrades on their ersatz firmware. You would need to convert your phone to the global model first...

T-Mobile 6T to Global model Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)

... before even attempting to install this Android Q Beta (Developers Preview) firmware which is for Android Developers and experienced and competent users and is not intended for daily use.

You just dodged a bullet! ;)

12. NodePoint
    Honeycomb May 11, 2019

NodePoint , May 11, 2019 :
    If anyone is interested, an overview of the Android Q beta program is available. This will show the usual timeline (6 beta releases [already on beta 3], final release in September [as previously mentioned]) as well as what has to be done in Android Studio to get it ready for app development for Android Q. https://developer.android.com/preview/overview

zoran81 and ironass like this.
  13. OnePlus_8t
    Jelly Bean May 11, 2019

OnePlus_8t , May 11, 2019 :

Terriniak

Anyone know how to enable the new navigation style? I don't see it in any of the settings.​

settings >> system >> gestures
    but doesn't appear , crashs

UPDATE :
    i managed to disable the navigation bar , and enabled full navigation gestures , by using adb commands

Last edited: May 11, 2019

Alexa75 likes this.
  14. OnePlus_8t
    Jelly Bean May 11, 2019

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2019

15. Nnvelezm
    Eclair May 11, 2019

ironass likes this.
  16. ironass
    Lollipop May 11, 2019

ironass , May 11, 2019 :
    As stated in my earlier post, #1702, above, @LeoTheLeopard has the unconverted T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant which does not have the ability to perform the Local Upgrade that you have described, since the carrier removed this from their firmware.

17. ironass
    Lollipop May 11, 2019

ironass , May 11, 2019 :
    We like satisfied customers! :D

18. G_Yury_Koltsov_KwaQ
    Gingerbread May 11, 2019

G_Yury_Koltsov_KwaQ , May 11, 2019 :
    are you idiot?

Miguel Quezada likes this.

19. ironass
    Lollipop May 11, 2019

ironass , May 11, 2019 :
    It is not and was never, ever, intended as an update. It is merely a, "Developers Preview", for Android developers and competent and experienced users to assess... as stated in post #1. If less competent users installed it with other expectations... that is their problem. They were amply warned in post #1. :rolleyes:

Alexa75, NodePoint, zoran81 and 2 others like this.