3. VaguelyWoo
    Froyo Aug 16, 2019

VaguelyWoo , Aug 16, 2019 :
    lol, probably not. Send him/her a hug so they leave

1salty likes this.
  4. jzacuto
    Eclair Aug 16, 2019

jzacuto , Aug 16, 2019 :
    Wow, there are a lot of unhelpful a$$holes here. Just because someone's not as big of a geek as you doesn't mean you have to talk down to them like they're idiots. Try having some respect and understanding. If you're too impatient to deal with people's questions - even if they're simple or already answered elsewhere - then maybe you need to reconsider being part of the forum. Maybe you need to reconsider being part of society.

x8xx8x likes this.
  5. adibbx
    Froyo Aug 16, 2019

adibbx , Aug 16, 2019 :
    that wasn't even a question what that person said. please scroll up and see what actually he said

VaguelyWoo likes this.
  6. lilicaull
    Eclair Aug 16, 2019

lilicaull , Aug 16, 2019 :
    Well, an official statement would be nice ! But I'm pretty sure we will be among the first devices with Q after Pixels

7. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Aug 16, 2019

Kytharsis , Aug 16, 2019 :
    Official statement about what? When DP4 will arrive? Or when we'll get the first Q open beta? Either way, you ain't getting one.

drl431, ironass and lilicaull like this.
  8. lilicaull
    Eclair Aug 16, 2019

lilicaull , Aug 16, 2019 :
    Both, not an ETA but if they are coming or not.

9. 1salty
    Froyo Aug 16, 2019

1salty , Aug 16, 2019 :
    I think if you want to get the software production or beta right away, you have to either stick with Google/Pixel or Apple. Oneplus and Xiaomi are doing much much better job in providing security updates and break/fix/improvements for their phones compare to others which I won't name here.

It would show up one of these days, and won't hold my breath :)

10. ironass
    KitKat Aug 16, 2019

ironass , Aug 16, 2019 :
    I think everyone needs to take the hint.

These were Developer Previews... not scheduled Open Beta updates or even OxygenOS upgrades. They were just previews for Android Developers. No promises were made. If you did not understand this... that was your fault.

It's like the person you go out on a date with and you do not want to see again... so you do not text or call them and hope that after a few days or a week, that they take the hint.

Well... it has been 15 days since DP4 was released for the OnePlus 7 series...

Might be time to take the hint... and look forward to Open Beta Android Q in a few months.

Alternatively... you can just cry yourself to sleep in your pillow...

[​IMG]

So, you can...

1. Stay on this DP3 version until Open Beta Android Q is released in a few months.

2. Roll-back to Android Pie as per post #1 of this thread

3. Go through the 5 Stages of Grief... 1. Denial and isolation; 2. Anger; 3. Bargaining; 4. Depression; 5. Acceptance... and look at options #1 & #2, above, again.

The choice is yours! ;)

11. chazey2
    Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2019

chazey2 , Aug 16, 2019 :
    Or just shrug and think what will be will be.

12. VaguelyWoo
    Froyo Aug 16, 2019

1565990119460.jpg
    Good news I think. Open beta should be around the corner

13. chazey2
    Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2019

14. jaygatsby9909
    Honeycomb Aug 16, 2019

jaygatsby9909 , Aug 16, 2019 :
    1565989719128.jpg
    You are correct. No promises were made. But as shown in the above photo there were comments that would lead us to believe would all be receiving the same updates all the way through the testing process. Where as they did not explicitly use the phrase "we promise..." , the implication is certainly there. It's like if I tell you the truth about something but leave out important details, it is still a lie by omission. A lie by omission is still a lie. I did not tell you incorrect information to intentionally deceive you, but not providing the full story you still were deceived. It's saying they're planning an early providing an early glimpse into Android Q for the OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, 7 Pro and then stopping one it's kind of like a lie by omission. Did they tell the truth by providing us that glimpse? Yes. Did they imply that one was going to continue receiving previews while the other one would be dropped like a hot potato smack dab in the middle of the testing process? No. that to me is deception by omission.don't say you're going to provide something unless you're going to provide ALL of it. the open beta argument is BS. Open beta will be after Android Q is already released officially. You're not getting an early glimpse or testing anything that isn't technically completed. just not completed on our devices because they chose to I provide anymore previews. I do agree that the only thing we can do at this point is just wait for them to provide some sort of beta. but my choice is to wait for October and then drop this phone like a hot potato, just like OnePlus did. bring on the Pixel 4 XL.

Xcutioner and lilicaull like this.
  15. VaguelyWoo
    Froyo Aug 16, 2019

16. ironass
    KitKat Aug 16, 2019

drl431 likes this.
  17. jaygatsby9909
    Honeycomb Aug 16, 2019

jaygatsby9909 , Aug 16, 2019 :
    My other issue with this is they didn't provide an early glimpse of the future of Android. Unless Android Q is a buggy POS, turd of an update. Because that's sure all they provided to the 6/6T.

18. chazey2
    Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2019

chazey2 , Aug 16, 2019 :
    Hummmm gotta say runs fine on my 6?

19. VaguelyWoo
    Froyo Aug 16, 2019

It did on mine as well. what I had to do to make it run good was first flash DP2 and then DP3. It was so much better than just flashing DP3

20. chazey2
    Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2019

chazey2 , Aug 16, 2019 :
    I went back to P to access side by side for a few days and missed the battery life so came back! I just flashed and at point of set up powered off rebooted back recovery and manually formatted and booted to system and set up.