Android Q Developer Preview 3 for OnePlus 6 and 6T

1. VaguelyWoo
    Gingerbread Aug 16, 2019

VaguelyWoo , Aug 16, 2019 :
    Missed battery life? is it better on Q or pie?

2. chazey2
    Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2019

chazey2 , Aug 16, 2019 :
    For me Q better not by much but better. I gauge by normal working day and usage up to break times at work.

3. VaguelyWoo
    Gingerbread Aug 16, 2019

VaguelyWoo , Aug 16, 2019 :
    Hmm, I flashed back to pie because I thoughtit had better battery life. I never used q more than a couple of hours. I'll reflash it when I get home to try it out for a few days.

4. chazey2
    Jelly Bean Aug 17, 2019

chazey2 , Aug 17, 2019 :
    Do the manual format before set up give it a good charge and run at least 2/3 days to see. Apart from the battery stats not registering and I have kept One plus launcher keeping the icons as they are, I don't seem to have an issue.
    I used Nova for as long as I can remember but got to say am impressed with the simplicity but smoothness of Oplus launcher. Another thing go to APK mirror and download the updated app versions from the 4th of this month.
    Camera version from APK mirror is 38.3 something (there are several to choose).

5. Yannis Neris
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 17, 2019

Yannis Neris , Aug 17, 2019 :
    Probably yes..
    DP4 was the last DP for 7PRO
    From DP4 a system update will roll out via OTA to first Q public beta

ironass likes this.
  6. PlagueDoctor
    Donut Aug 17, 2019

7. PlagueDoctor
    Donut Aug 17, 2019

8. VaguelyWoo
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2019

VaguelyWoo , Aug 17, 2019 :
    yep

9. JelleZon
    Lollipop Aug 17, 2019

10. doncarlodc
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2019

11. Trevor.Hawkes
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 17, 2019

Trevor.Hawkes , Aug 17, 2019 :
    [QUOTE="
    I don't think that anyone expects the updates to be faster but, to be fair, they were in the same update path and now aren't. The 6T/6 is listed as Android Q testing device. You don't stop a test midway through. You finish it. They stopped the testing and will just push out some beta at some point. That's silly and frustrating. When you see 6/6T listed as participating in the Android Q testing you, rightfully, should expect monthly updates with each new version of Q with improvements from last version. This is one reason that this is the last OnePlus device I will ever buy. Pixel all the way from here on out. Most of what I liked about OnePlus is getting baked intro stock Android anyway. OnePlus is still a decent company but I honestly started losing a little faith when they asked users to recommend features/a new UI. That said to me, "Were out of ideas. Let's have unpaid users come up with them".[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you would expect monthly updates etc etc. Unless
    Oneplus announced those things would happen. Even then you wouldn't be able to count on it.

Pixel are fine, most of the time I use a 3A and it is a good device.
    It is not as nice to use as the OnePlus 5 and 6 or even the 3 with the latest updates. The reason I don't use a OnePlus device as a daily driver all the time is that I am forever loading updates in the OnePlus devices. Resetting then playing with the settings on the OnePlus devices is more fun than making and receiving calls and texts on the pixel.

12. VaguelyWoo
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2019

I don't think that the DP4 will arrive to the Op6, I don't know but it doesn't seem like it. I think the next update we will get is Open beta (Just what I think)

JelleZon and Vaibhav_sinha like this.
  13. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Aug 17, 2019

LegolasX , Aug 17, 2019 :
    why do you want dp4 now? they already said Q open Beta is right around the corner and may arrive soon.

doncarlodc likes this.
  14. VaguelyWoo
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2019

I think he just wants a new build to test and it would seem like the DP4 would be closer to release then Open beta. I mean, I would want the DP4 too just to try out a more stable and a bit more feature rich ROM. But I rather want open beta now

doncarlodc likes this.
  15. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Aug 17, 2019

LegolasX , Aug 17, 2019 :
    i don't think they will release dp4 now that they announced they are working on Open Beta and the update may release anytime soon.
    I would rather get my chances with an Open Beta build now instead of another dp.

16. VaguelyWoo
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2019

Yep, I agree with you, I just said what he might have thought. I really want that open beta.

17. doncarlodc
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2019

doncarlodc , Aug 17, 2019 :
    that's cool that open beta may be available soon. I hope that most of the oxygen os's new features will mostly bring on the 6t and not just on 7 or 7 pro, just like what 7 got now in DP4. thank you

18. VaguelyWoo
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2019

But we already got some if not almost most of those features in the latest releases (Android Pie open beta and latest stable), like DC dimming and Screen recorder on 60 FPS. We will get the horizon light and all that stuff in the beta I think. we already saw it in DP3

19. PhOENiX2807
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2019

PhOENiX2807 , Aug 17, 2019 :
    Getting an error while installing the Beta Update on my 6T i downloaded it from the official site as well but it shows the error as System update failed after using Local Upgrade

20. VaguelyWoo
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2019

Please check posts above, this problem has come up a million times already. You will find your solution.