Maximilian Gaedig, Jul 31, 2019 :
    I wouldn't say its as good to use as a daily driver

2. teflocarbon Froyo Aug 1, 2019

teflocarbon, Aug 1, 2019 :
    So far the issues I've had.

Obviously the ones expected with a developer preview
    • Random restarts
    • General app instability
    • Some uncommon system hangs (only had 1, lasted around 10 seconds)
    • Bit more battery drain
    - Lockscreen clock randomly appears when pulling down the notification shade
    - Sometimes while starting a phone call the system will hang for around 5-10 seconds.
    - OnePlus Launcher is a bit buggy at the moment with random crashes however Lawnchair works perfectly fine
    - All top settings points are misaligned eg) wifi, bluetooth info, etc
    - Customisation is a bit weird, especially on dark mode.
    - Some settings icons are incorrectly coloured (a bit weird considering they should all white, I guess they were testing colouring them)
    - Navigation gestures randomly crash and disable themselves (had to use navbar) (very buggy)
    - Sometimes the app switcher window will completely crash and require a restart (just showing a blank white screen) (only had this once)

These are all I can recall from, its actually a pretty damn good developer preview. I'm using it as a 'daily driver' and haven't really had a major reason to go back to Pie. Also loving some of the features from Q.

If you're ok with living on the bleeding edge and dont mind a couple of issues.
    If you want a perfectly stable phone just like the regular Pie builds then stay well away.

Maximilian Gaedig likes this.
  3. mynee Froyo Aug 1, 2019

mynee, Aug 1, 2019 :

teflocarbon

So far the issues I've had.

Obviously the ones expected with a developer preview

Random restarts

General app instability

Some uncommon system hangs (only had 1, lasted around 10 seconds)

Bit more battery drain

- Lockscreen clock randomly appears when pulling down the notification shade
    - Sometimes while starting a phone call the system will hang for around 5-10 seconds.
    - OnePlus Launcher is a bit buggy at the moment with random crashes however Lawnchair works perfectly fine
    - All top settings points are misaligned eg) wifi, bluetooth info, etc
    - Customisation is a bit weird, especially on dark mode.
    - Some settings icons are incorrectly coloured (a bit weird considering they should all white, I guess they were testing colouring them)
    - Navigation gestures randomly crash and disable themselves (had to use navbar) (very buggy)
    - Sometimes the app switcher window will completely crash and require a restart (just showing a blank white screen) (only had this once)

These are all I can recall from, its actually a pretty damn good developer preview. I'm using it as a 'daily driver' and haven't really had a major reason to go back to Pie. Also loving some of the features from Q.

If you're ok with living on the bleeding edge and dont mind a couple of issues.
    If you want a perfectly stable phone just like the regular Pie builds then stay well away.

i had the same problem with u in row no 4,5&9 only.

4. Atul Menon Donut Aug 1, 2019

Atul Menon, Aug 1, 2019 :
    dude its buggya fter long use
    wait for nxt build

5. TheMysticalShaman Gingerbread Aug 1, 2019

TheMysticalShaman, Aug 1, 2019 :
    I don't have a desktop computer

6. Drakthorian2 Gingerbread Aug 1, 2019

Drakthorian2, Aug 1, 2019 :
    Wipe the phone manually and settings icon will be corrrect, app switcher window will work, navigation gestures will work fine. And phone calls will work fine. At least on the unlocked version. System hang will be rare, and the rest of the issues are genuine issues every person have.

teflocarbon likes this.
  7. Shubham297 Cupcake Aug 1, 2019

8. AlexO82 Cupcake Aug 1, 2019

AlexO82, Aug 1, 2019 :
    This didn't happen for me. The Phone rebooted, but it was kind of a dirty flash/OTA Update. everything was still there. But I'm running Q now...

9. Drakthorian2 Gingerbread Aug 1, 2019

Drakthorian2, Aug 1, 2019 :
    Because it doesn't do it, multiple users has reported this, but no fix has been made yet.

Wipe it manually and you should be good to go :)

10. G_GOPALAKRISHNAN Donut Aug 2, 2019

11. K1564087522661 Cupcake Aug 2, 2019

K1564087522661, Aug 2, 2019 :
    Oneplus 7 Pro - Verizon, USA. Super unstable on my side, even after hard reset. UI keeps crashing if not on WiFi.

eqbirvin likes this.
  12. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Aug 2, 2019

Funk Wizard, Aug 2, 2019 :
    Moderator Information || Thread Cleaned

This thread has been cleaned and some all off topic posts have been deleted. While going through the last two pages, this back and forth between a couple of users has disturbed the whole flow of the development and made this development thread more of an off topic chat.

OnePlus being a customer focused company values your feedback & feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of such information we can assess and improve the services that we offer so please keep the feedback alive.

At the same time, please respect each other's opinion and provide constructive feedback to developers. Only on receiving constructive feedback, developers can assess and improve on their project, but, if you want to report bugs you MUST provide logs! So please use the feedback tool integrated within the community app and report the bugs the right way. Look Up How To Report a Bug if you still have doubts.

Everyone is entitled to having their own views/opinions on this or that, But this doesn't give anyone an invitation to be unkind about it at the same time.

Moving on, If you read something that you do not like or sounds offending to you or doesn't seem right or is possibly against the rules, please do not reply, just report it for the Moderator Team to investigate and take any necessary action.

In extreme cases if someone decides to jump into a flame war with you, we have also provided "ignore user" functionality that can be used to filter comments, so make use of it when needed.

Please, keep the above in mind, help each other, and help the Developers to help you.

If anyone has any questions about this, feel free to PM me directly and we can hopefully resolve it for you.
    Let's keep the discussion related to Development/Development related things and issues moving forward.

Thank you for your time,

Funk Wizard
    Forum Moderator

eqbirvin and docnok63 like this.
  13. K1564087522661 Cupcake Aug 2, 2019

K1564087522661, Aug 2, 2019 :
    If anyone has insight with flashing on Verizon in USA please let me know!

Ajohnson82689 likes this.
  14. docnok63 Gingerbread Aug 2, 2019

docnok63, Aug 2, 2019 :
    As has been said many times in this thread, you can fix the systemUI crashes on Verizon and AT&T by removing your SIM card. Naturally, you won't have any cell service, but you can use WiFi for internet/phone calls.

15. Pierre02 Gingerbread Aug 2, 2019

16. Manyeko Sharingan Froyo Aug 2, 2019

17. itskapil Cupcake Aug 2, 2019

18. Kookitza Froyo Aug 2, 2019

19. Manyeko Sharingan Froyo Aug 2, 2019

20. rushilandrews Eclair Aug 2, 2019