Android Q Developer Preview 4 for OnePlus 7 Pro and 7

1. JmcRepair33
    Honeycomb Aug 25, 2019

JmcRepair33 , Aug 25, 2019 :
    How ever you want to put it for me much easier to copy and paste it and flash it in adb. Well of course it easy for me but obviously not so easy for you

2. Nic2112
    Honeycomb Aug 25, 2019

Nic2112 , Aug 25, 2019 :

JmcRepair33

How ever you want to put it for me much easier to copy and paste it and flash it in adb. Well of course it easy for me but obviously not so easy for you​

If things are so easy for you, how come.you don't have a ROM available running DP4 with all the bugs fixed?

Obviously someone with 9 years coding experience and who rooted phones before they were invented can do this. No?

Why don't you help him and upload the file he needs. That would be actual contribution.

3. docnok63
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 25, 2019

docnok63 , Aug 25, 2019 :
    Dude, you're certifiably insane. No one said anything about flashing a zip file

4. JmcRepair33
    Honeycomb Aug 25, 2019

JmcRepair33 , Aug 25, 2019 :
    I guess so

5. Pedro7478
    Eclair Aug 25, 2019

Pedro7478 , Aug 25, 2019 :
    anyone noticed that the fingerprint scanner won't work until the two white lines in the bottom corners have came up?

6. G_Sjak_Philipsen_yrCq
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2019

G_Sjak_Philipsen_yrCq , Aug 25, 2019 :
    Does anybody know how to change the default mail app? The normal option in settings, apps does not show.
    I came from 9.5.8 to DP without factory reset and i believe the option was present then, now I did a factory reset and the option is gone...

7. Ajsat3801
    Gingerbread Aug 25, 2019

Ajsat3801 , Aug 25, 2019 :
    I can confirm the second issue...

8. SIDDHARTH8456
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2019

SIDDHARTH8456 , Aug 25, 2019 :
    Hi Team,

First of all big respect being extended from my side as you guys are putting a lot of effort in making the one plus experience better.

Just a suggestion , can you guys come up with a feature
    One pay just like Apple pay or Samsung pay as it would help us in day to day activities. Plus there is already a NFC feature so just wanted to put this up.

Regards

Sidd

9. Richardreyesgo
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2019

10. Agus13
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2019

Agus13 , Aug 25, 2019 :
    Anyone having trouble with sound settings? System app crashes whenever I try to change notification settings.

11. Richardreyesgo
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2019

Richardreyesgo , Aug 25, 2019 :
    no problem on mine

12. Agus13
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2019

Agus13 , Aug 25, 2019 :
    have you tried Google pay??

13. Richardreyesgo
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2019

14. docnok63

Nic2112 and H1561960043803 like this.
  15. docnok63

I apologize in advance for the long post, but as long as it will take you to read it I can guarantee it took me 20x longer to type it and 50x longer to research/test settings. Special shoutout to my mom and daughter who I pestered yesterday and today with tens of calls and requests for callbacks.

The TL;DR version:

1) There's nothing glaringly obvious in the build.props to fix the calls answering in speakerphone mode, however there's a setting you can change to conditionally improve call quality.

2) You can't simply replace the working DP3 or 9.5.11 dialer into the /system/priv-app/Dialer and have things working. The app doesn't even show up in the app draw after reboot. I'm a smali novice, but I don't think the supporting libraries allow for it. I believe this is why the Android Auto app doesn't even appear on first boot of DP4 but the Play Store immediately wants to update the app. I believe the two are related and the phone/dialer thinks its docked/paired with Android Auto and that's why it answers in speakerphone mode. All in all, this feels like very shoddy engineering by OnePlus and is obviously a step back from DP3.

3) There's a hint in the 9.5.11 build.prop that it may be possible to install 9.5.11/DP4 on a 7Pro5G.
    ------------------------

The long version:

1) After flashing DP3 and 9.5.11 and thanks to Namolas at XDA, I got all three build.props and used Beyond Compare 4 to, well, compare them. I put those comparisons in easy-to-read html reports along with the originals in a zip on my Drive. Doing a keyword searches of phone, speaker, dock, and auto didn't yield anything significant as to the current problem, but I did notice this line:

persist.audio.fluence.speaker=true

A quick Google search told me that fluence is a noise cancelling process built into OnePlus phones and people have been messing with its settings all the way back to the OnePlus X. It's disabled by commenting out (# before line of code) in all the 9.5.11 lines and the Qualcomm noise cancellation is set to false for both DP3 and DP4.. They've added a fluencepro variable since the OnePlus X and here's what I found after LOTS of calls. In conjunction with the endfire setting, you can conditionally improve the audio quality of calls by setting

ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=fluencepro
    and adding
    persist.audio.fluence.mode=endfire

to your build.prop. I say conditionally because I live in Memphis and my daughter lives in WV where we both have VERY good cell reception. Our calls were noticeable crisper and cleaner with these settings. Howeve, my mother lives about two miles away from her closest cell tower in AZ and we noticed high-pitched artifacts with these settings. Changing the top option to just fluence instead of fluencepro had the same results. This is probably why OnePlus has these settings disabled by default. Use with caution and ALWAYS make backups.

2) Not too much more to add to the TD;LR part here. Really, just nothing worked to fix the call coming out of the speakerphone. Using the button in the dialer app itself and pulling down the notification while in a call and using that toggle had no affect on where the sound was coming out of. Trying to substitute in the 9.5.11 or DP3 apk and rebooting made the app disappear entirely. This is obviously not a lint problem but in conjunction with the Android Auto app disappearing in DP4, I agree with this post and think the phone think it's docked/connected to Android Auto and should be using the speakerphone by default. I have limited experience in tearing into apks with smali or I'd go bug hunting....

3) On line 45 of the 9.5.11 build.prop, it reads:

persist.vendor.radio.5g_mode_pref=0

If this is set to 1 in the 5G build.prop (which I don't have), I believe that changing this line, then making the additional edits in here for the 5G model, making the necessary changes to the kernel for the 5G model, putting all the changes in the payload.bin, and then make the necessary changes to the metadata, and finally rezipping the installer package would allow 9.5.11 and DP4 to be installed on the 5G model. I'd do it myself, but there's no MSM tool (that I know of) for the 5G model to fall back on should things go wrong.

If you've made it this far, congratulations. To conclude, I've spent waaaaaaaay too many hours on something that they guys that actually get paid to fix it are probably going to have fixed in about a week.

Peace,
    Doc

Agus13, H1561960043803 and Nic2112 like this.
  16. docnok63

HAHA!!! After all that typing, I forgot to put the only solid fix I found for the speakerphone issue in DP4. Thanks to @H1561960043803, I went looking for a patched Dialer app and found one here. This further tells me that our issue is inside the OnePlus Phone v4.4 apk and can only be squashed with smali. Just sideload the Google Dialer and replace the icon on your homescreen

17. H1561960043803
    Honeycomb Aug 25, 2019

H1561960043803 , Aug 25, 2019 :
    thank you for your work. all this is above my skill level, and it pains me to say that I'll just hope it's fixed in the next release. I appreciate your efforts

RandyManLB and docnok63 like this.
  18. Sigmanp320x
    Froyo Aug 25, 2019

Sigmanp320x , Aug 25, 2019 :
    just curious as to when the betas will be released ? I know pixels are on beta 6 with final build prop in few weeks . when will this update to stable /build semi stable beta ?

JmcRepair33 likes this.
  19. docnok63

We're completely guestimating that our Open Beta based on DP6 will be released in the next 5-10 days based on previous release schedules. Start checking Oxygen Updater Friday about noon CST.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019

Z1558843799122 likes this.
  20. Sigmanp320x
    Froyo Aug 25, 2019

Sigmanp320x , Aug 25, 2019 :
    thanks so much for that information. I will do so,. love the dp4 been using it for 3 days just switched back (need it to work while working lol).

but I really like the layout and the gesture feature.

thanks again for replying back.

this OnePlus community is far superior to many Samsung groups I've been part of prior to jumping ship (never settle )

thanks

Z1558843799122 and TomekDarda like this.