Android Security Patch Update via OnePlus Community App

1. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 26, 2020

keithgpowell , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Most(?) of us have accepted that there will never be another update/upgrade to our OygenOS, and therefore no update to the Android Security patch. In the threads there appeared to be so many users who were terribly afraid - how are they/you coping, especially those who threatened to do this or that?

G_plusone and arindamop3T like this.

Matt 80, G_plusone and keithgpowell like this.
  3. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 27, 2020

keithgpowell , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 27, 2020 :
    Nice one -I think? Did you upgrade because of lack of Security Patches for your 3T?

4. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Dresa91 , Jun 27, 2020 :
    Why lack?
    Didn’t you notice that OP3 Series reached EOL?

Matt 80 and G_plusone like this.
  5. keithgpowell

keithgpowell , via OnePlus 3T , Jun 27, 2020 :
    I did notice the mis- called "EOL" which was synonymous (synchronous?) with the "lack"

6. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Jun 27, 2020 :
    why lack?
    you can flash custom roms

Matt 80 and G_plusone like this.
  7. keithgpowell

keithgpowell , via OnePlus 3T , Jun 27, 2020 :
    That's correct and why the 3 series has not reached EOL.
    Even without flashing a custom ROM, the 3 series has not reached EOL. My 3 and 3T will have reached EOL when I can no longer DIY repair the hardware.

G_plusone likes this.
  8. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Jun 27, 2020 :
    EOL of official OS support..come on!

Paschfire, Matt 80 and G_plusone like this.
  9. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 28, 2020

keithgpowell , via OnePlus 3T , Jun 28, 2020 :
    I wasn't really sure of your intent of your original post , but I tried to reply without being diverted from the intent of the thread.
    You introduced EOL , but you really meant EOLOOOOS.
    I don't want this thread to become a discussion of the semantics or innuendos of EOL. I could think of several connotations. We/you could start a thread on that or just have a read of Wikipedia and make any alterations there.

10. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Dresa91 , Jun 28, 2020 :
    Just read the official update thread:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-9-0-6-for-oneplus-3-oneplus-3t.1142865/
    It is written:

This will be the last update for these two devices and we can't thank you enough for your invaluable feedback throughtout these three years. With your support, we improved Oxygen OS across three major Android versions and dozens of updates. This is not the end for the OnePlus 3 and 3T, though. Starting next week, we will start highlighting some of great work done by the developer community,for those of you considering to have a go at Custom ROMs.

So where is your problem?
    I still don’t know why you had to create this thread and bash against OnePlus and everyone..

Paschfire and Matt 80 like this.
  11. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 28, 2020

keithgpowell , via OnePlus 3T , Jun 28, 2020 :
    Dresa91

Just read the official update thread:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-9-0-6-for-oneplus-3-oneplus-3t.1142865/
    It is written:

This will be the last update for these two devices and we can't thank you enough for your invaluable feedback throughtout these three years. With your support, we improved Oxygen OS across three major Android versions and dozens of updates. This is not the end for the OnePlus 3 and 3T, though. Starting next week, we will start highlighting some of great work done by the developer community,for those of you considering to have a go at Custom ROMs.

So where is your problem?
    I still don’t know why you had to create this thread and bash against OnePlus and everyone..

Your premise is wrong.
    Read it as soon as it was published. I think I even responded to it positively.
    Your conclusion completely wrong and diversionary. Especially since in the threads I was often accused of being a fanboy.
    Incidentally, sadly, "we will start highlighting some of great work done by the developer community,for those of you considering to have a go at Custom ROMs." has yet to appear

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020

12. Paschfire , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 28, 2020 :
    In all honesty. The P4XL does have it's own set of flaws, but is a worthy upgrade in HW over my aging 3T.

As for it being in direct relation to the lack of security patch updates for my 3T, that's a no. As it been running Android 10 on it via a custom ROM for some time now.

I upgraded do to the HW and the SD 821 starting to really show it's age with running current games and applications.

keithgpowell likes this.