Android Security patch

1. FJrZK
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 2, 2018

FJrZK , Apr 2, 2018 :
    Its April and Still we are running in Dec security patch.... What One plus have to say about this??
    In my view Android security patch level has to be updated every month since we are doing more things using internet in your android phone so better is to be updated.... kindly share this post if u find it is relevant....
    1522637139093.jpg

2. MJ_Vikram
    KitKat Apr 2, 2018

MJ_Vikram , Apr 2, 2018 :
    OnePlus is busy with 1 + 6 and 6T design, so they're not concentrating oneplus 5..

3. G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2018

G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE , Apr 2, 2018 :
    very soon this company will.meet the fate...you're losing it each day...no innovation, no creativity, just copy and paste...iPhone design, Snapdragon processor, Sony camera...what's yours....a buggy oxygen OS....

4. biplabloveu

5. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 2, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  6. G_Siddharth_kalling_oUDD
    Froyo Apr 2, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  7. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 2, 2018

TheMystic , Apr 2, 2018 :
    yes. on my 3T.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  8. G_Siddharth_kalling_oUDD
    Froyo Apr 2, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  9. luizinno
    Eclair Apr 2, 2018

luizinno , Apr 2, 2018 :
    I don't understand this kind of post. already have an lg ,Samsung ,nokia,htc, etc and no one company has the last updates in his phones. the only phone that gets relatively quickly the update is the pixel so if this is important for you then why don't spend more money and get the pixel.

asking for etas or updates is rude and pointless because you will never be at pair as the technology advancement .

10. MJ_Vikram
    KitKat Apr 2, 2018

MJ_Vikram , Apr 2, 2018 :
    that is Beta only. Only Beta is on Feb Security patch..

stadi and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  11. G_Sanket_Gadre_srao
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2018

G_Sanket_Gadre_srao , Apr 2, 2018 :
    Ya one plus is very slow in security patch updates... Nokia and sumsung flagship devices are having march security patch... Its not a big deal to provide security updates to every 2 months...

12. Android-Andi
    Jelly Bean Apr 2, 2018

tejaslrajput, stadi and dipiet like this.
  13. FJrZK

FJrZK , Apr 2, 2018 :
    only one plus fan boys like u think that my post is irrelevant but others think that it is relevant and OnePlus not concerned about device security patch level..... Buying an one plus or pixel phone is my own choice... But the company have to provide timely updates bcz we are paying for it....
    Still Running on December security patch is ridiculous even open beta is running on February security patch....
    so major steps should be taken from OnePlus regarding Security patch level bcz these days we only relying on smartphone for payment so it can easily be hacked by intelligent people so better is to be updated.... that is my point..

14. FJrZK

FJrZK , Apr 2, 2018 :
    Chineese smartphone makers only focus on new models after releasing they completely forget about it and releases another model and so on.. They keep on copying by the name of so called innovation

15. FJrZK

FJrZK , Apr 2, 2018 :
    now a days Majority of the banking transactions people managing in their smartphones only so in my view security patch is important for a device they have to update it every two months atleast....

16. FJrZK

FJrZK , Apr 2, 2018 :
    One thing u forgot is the "Notch"

G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE likes this.
  17. Rajput_Sahab
    Froyo Apr 2, 2018

18. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 2, 2018

dsmonteiro , Apr 2, 2018 :
    You do realize that this issue is not specific to OnePlus, right? Unlike people said here, many Samsung devices, even high end ones, are still lagging behind with the security patches. Pretty much every Android manufacturer aside from Nokia and Google has this issue.

19. FJrZK

FJrZK , Apr 2, 2018 :
    we are using one plus device....thts y i point out the major software flaws.... Better to be updated

20. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 2, 2018

dsmonteiro , Apr 2, 2018 :
    So?

I'm telling you that this is a major issue that affects pretty much all the Android ecosystem. From small brands to major ones.

While I do agree that it's better to be updated, security patches importance is greatly exaggerated.

otto2, Andy L., Luis Sismeiro and 3 others like this.