Android Security patch

1. FJrZK
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 2, 2018

FJrZK , Apr 2, 2018 :
    one plus had some issues regarding credit card also privacy data of users.... thts y I think that the security updates have to be provided every two months

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 2, 2018

dsmonteiro , Apr 2, 2018 :
    How is that even remotely relevant to what we're discussing?

otto2 likes this.
  3. FJrZK

FJrZK , Apr 2, 2018 :
    everything is related any thing can be possible nowadays....

4. dsmonteiro

Sorry but that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Please do explain how monthly security patches are related to the credit card card fraud or the privacy issues.

5. FJrZK

FJrZK , Apr 2, 2018 :
    Android security patch is released by Google to fix the device software vulnerabilities....

6. dsmonteiro

Again, how is that related to those two things?

Siddharth.Life and otto2 like this.
  7. luizinno
    Eclair Apr 2, 2018

luizinno , Apr 2, 2018 :
    fan boy ?? ...lol ...timely updates ?? we paying for the updates ?.......
    first.- did you pay a maintenance police or something like that ?? the company has the compromise to provide updates as fast they can but never as a priority over his new gadgets. that's the reality in all the companies. they are working in the update but it will release when is stable.

and you are right it's your decision wich phone buy. one advantage about buy a pixel is the update rate and they promote the phone that way. making a informed buy it's your obligation too. mostly the people buy a one plus one is the relation cost and hardware in that are the best option I think.

I'm not a fan boy I just know what I buy and how things work.

otto2, Mino195, rahulchaks and 2 others like this.
  8. FJrZK

FJrZK , Apr 2, 2018 :
    some software programs have access to privacy data of users so they can even steal credit card data of users....problems oike these happens mainly because of untimely Security updates..

9. dsmonteiro

That makes zero sense. The credit card data was stolen from the site and no amount of Android security patches would prevent it.

The privacy issues makes even less sense, considering they were caused by OnePlus itself.

It's pretty clear you're complaining about the lack of security patches but at the the same time don't really know what they're about...

Allstar12345, otto2, Andy L. and 4 others like this.
  10. luizinno
    Eclair Apr 2, 2018

luizinno , Apr 2, 2018 :

F_Saju_Raveendran_JrZK

one plus had some issues regarding credit card also privacy data of users.... thts y I think that the security updates have to be provided every two months​

that security problem was not in the device was the payment site that provides the service when you purchase in the page a new phone or accessory.

I think you don't know what the security patch do.

otto2 and dsmonteiro like this.
  11. Yashvendra_Singh_Raghav

Yashvendra_Singh_Raghav , Apr 2, 2018 :
    dont worry..when you will recieve next OTA.. secuirity patch level would be updated to 1 feb 2018....

but it should be updated to atleast 1 march or 1 april.
    one plus update cycle for security patches is quarterly...i.e after 3 months .. security patches will be updated.

12. dipiet
    Donut Apr 2, 2018

dipiet , Apr 2, 2018 :

Android-Andi

OEMs are lazy

If it is really so easy to make updates, we as users have to put more pressure on them ...

When I'll buy my next smartphone, the software update and patch application speed will be the host important choice parameters.

13. Android-Andi
    Jelly Bean Apr 2, 2018

Android-Andi , Apr 2, 2018 :
    they might need similar patches from QCOM, but AOSP side that's it...

otto2 likes this.
  14. G_Sanket_Gadre_srao
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2018

G_Sanket_Gadre_srao , Apr 2, 2018 :
    Listen everyone,tweet about security updates on twitter with screenshot.... Then only they will listen to us... Tweet tweet to oneplus and oneplus India.

15. dsmonteiro

OnePlus uses CAF code, not AOSP. And it's not just pushing the patches, it has to be tested. February security patches were riddled with bugs. In fact, Pixel users had quite a few issues with it.

otto2, Budruel and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  16. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Apr 2, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Apr 2, 2018 :
    Why not just put my copy pasta XD

otto2 and dsmonteiro like this.
  17. Budruel
    KitKat Apr 2, 2018

Budruel , Apr 2, 2018 :
    You're trying to convince something of a bunch of irrational fanatics who have already taken their choice and just want to get what they claim. I admire your patience but you are hitting against the wall of the ignorant, it is impassable. A greeting.

otto2, Andy L., Luis Sismeiro and 3 others like this.
  18. G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2018

19. biplabloveu

biplabloveu , Apr 2, 2018 :
    I'm using Open beta 7 in Oneplus 5.
    OEMs are slower in delevering security patch.
    Don't know about others but Samsung phones have Feb security patch already.
    This post is irrelevant.
    I'm not a fanboy of OnePlus. But delevering security patch in the same month when Google releases is impossible. If you have brain then then about it. Why I'm telling you this is impossible.
    Security patch will not give you some blocker or special shield or else while you're visiting garbage and downloading garbage on the internet. Shout after you know. And know how to use internet. Know how to identify suspicious things over internet.

BTW OnePlus delivers the security patch first as an OEM. OnePlus has increased their speed in updating android version also. But only in beta. Beta is also stable according to me. You guys came over daily for bugs in official. So why not come here and post redundant thread with beta complaints!.

Talking about official OOS security patch. Oneplus is getting slower in Official updates. Because most of the people doesn't want to update their phones maybe. Trust me I've seen hundreds of people here in community who are using Nougat still now. And still they post their problems and bugs and all.

If you want most recent things head to beta.
    Less bugs than Official. Trust me I'm using Beta from OP3t first beta to OP5 Beta 7.
    If you have some bugs in beta then there is some workaround most of the time. Also beta bugs fixed more faster because it's updates come faster.

No need to shout over me after viewing this comment.
    Know before shouting.
    I'm telling you the truth.
    Have problems with OnePlus still? Sell it and buy another. Enjoy their bugs.[e]1f609[/e]
    ☮️

otto2 and Budruel like this.
  20. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 2, 2018

TheMystic , Apr 2, 2018 :
    My question was this:

And your answer is this:

Who is shouting?

Now. We can’t post threads with beta complaints because:

1. Those opting for beta knew they should expect bugs.
    2. Those opting for beta knew they should submit feedback with logs and not open threads.

What are security patches meant to do?