Android Security patch

1. biplabloveu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 2, 2018

biplabloveu , Apr 2, 2018 :
    Dude actually I've replied to all. Have some common sense atleast.
    Your ans is also written in that ans.
    No need to read the rest.
    BTW for the android security patch and else other things how does it work and what is that I think Wikipedia or Google search will be more relevant to know things better.

otto2 likes this.
  2. FJrZK

FJrZK , Apr 2, 2018 :
    i already done.... hope u guys wil do too

3. sprashant01
    Froyo Apr 2, 2018

4. izzykasha
    Lollipop Apr 2, 2018

izzykasha , Apr 2, 2018 :
    so where's the security updates then, when are they coming??

please take the above comment with a large dollup of sarcasm!!!!!

Budruel and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  5. FJrZK

FJrZK , Apr 2, 2018 :
    only Oneplus authority knows

6. izzykasha
    Lollipop Apr 2, 2018

izzykasha , Apr 2, 2018 :
    saracasm fail lmao

otto2, Budruel and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  7. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Apr 2, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Apr 2, 2018 :
    No, I don't! Fake news!!

Siddharth.Life and otto2 like this.
  8. FJrZK

FJrZK , Apr 2, 2018 :
    yes.... already bugs are there

9. tb77
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2018

tb77 , Apr 2, 2018 :
    That's no excuse, not even an argument!
    If OnePlus are in the market for delivering an iOS like Android experience, then they have to set priorities correctly and regular well tested security updates is a big one!
    They are not targeting business customers, so they not even need two different security update release cycles, "just" one.

Why is that? A phone is the single most exposed device, with frequently changing networks, web browser s and a large app store. If that's not a very large surface for potential security related risk, then what is one?

10. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 2, 2018

dsmonteiro , Apr 2, 2018 :
    I never heard OnePlus saying they wanted to deliver an "iOS like Android experience". Regardless, what I said is still true. This is an issue that is transverse to all Android ecosystem. While I do agree OnePlus could improve, there are plenty of manufacturers out there that there are far worse.

I'm not excusing OnePlus, I'm just telling you how I see things. My last device was a Motorola and trust me. Updates were way worse and I'm not even talking about security ones.

Play Store is covered by Google Play Protect, which is updated via Google Play Services.

As for the rest, you have major security issues, that might affect most of us, like the one that happened on January (that OnePlus pushed the security patches manually, regardless of Google Security Patches) and minor issues, which most of the times need a physical access to the device. While there should be some concern, it's far from the shitstorm everyone makes it to be.

otto2 likes this.
  11. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Apr 2, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Apr 2, 2018 :
    you tagged so many people and wrote so many unnecessary things. where was your common sense then? and how do you expect people to filter out the answer they requested without reading the whole thing?

12. Luis Sismeiro
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2018

Luis Sismeiro , Apr 2, 2018 :
    What?! If this is true I don't want to have an OnePlus and sell my 5 fast and cheap. But I think you hit the problem her, it seems that some people want to have an "iPhone" without paying the Apple tax and see OnePlus as the company that has to provide them an cheap iPhone. Man, get real...

otto2 likes this.
  13. tb77
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2018

tb77 , Apr 2, 2018 :

At around 1:08 Pei talks about creating an iPhone / Apple / iOS like user experience - that's where I was heading from:

No iPhone bashing here. Every mobile phone / phone company in the market is measured / benchmarked against the iPhone / Apple / iOS - in good and bad sense.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  14. tb77
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2018

dsmonteiro likes this.
  15. dsmonteiro

16. vivektrivedi_07
    Froyo Apr 2, 2018

vivektrivedi_07 , Apr 2, 2018 :
    dude ur comparison fundamentals are wrong...u should compare with one above u and not below u... perhaps u don't realise the importance of security updates

17. auchies
    Donut Apr 2, 2018

auchies , Apr 2, 2018 :
    if you are not happy buy the pixel nd stop complaining... all you all talking trash about oneplus are giving dem a bad reputation....

18. dsmonteiro

If you do, feel free to explain me then. What is so important about the last three security patches for you?

I'm not comparing above or below. I'm comparing with everyone, which is how you're supposed to compare.

Siddharth.Life and otto2 like this.
  19. rahulchaks
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2018

rahulchaks , Apr 2, 2018 :
    so you want it to develop its own camera segment along with own processor lineup? do you have any idea why Apple, huawei or Samsung can afford to do it?

otto2 likes this.
  20. dsmonteiro

Pretty much everyone uses Sony sensors BTW. Even Samsung.

otto2 and rahulchaks like this.