Android Security patch

1. vivektrivedi_07
    Froyo Apr 2, 2018

vivektrivedi_07 , Apr 2, 2018 :
    OP is a flagship killer bcoz it does that others don't do. It's not about what is important for me or any other individual in security patch, u have no clue in how many different ways is our data, ur lifestyle and other preferences are been exploits through these loopholes by attacker. It is for bigger good and not just one individual. below is the details of feb security patch... change the date in the end also look for March too
    https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2018-02-01

2. rahulchaks
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2018

rahulchaks , Apr 2, 2018 :
    dsmonteiro

Pretty much everyone uses Sony sensors BTW. Even Samsung.

seriously, I don't understand what people expect from a company still very nascent....... still Apple uses screens made by Samsung..... Pixel uses components from Snapdragon, Sony, Lg/Samsung etc...... what is wrong if Oneplus does the same? and yes some people might not like the notch concept, besides it was not invented by Apple..... so even they copied it...... if OnePlus doesn't incorporate the notch people will complain it looks like a copy of S9 or Lg V30 or a Pixel 2 xl or xyz of some other company...... people perhaps will always complain..... timely security patches are better, but I've not much information about other companies adhering to timely updates (except for Nokia I guess)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018

otto2 likes this.
  3. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 2, 2018

dsmonteiro , Apr 2, 2018 :
    I know how to google for the Security Bulletin. And I'm well aware of what they fix. January's security patch is particularly important. And while OnePlus hasn't pushed it, it individually pushed the fix for the major one.

And since you posted that link, there's something rather interesting written there:

And guess what, it says the same in January. And March.

idkwhoiam322 and otto2 like this.
  4. vivekgokulraj
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2018

vivekgokulraj , Apr 2, 2018 :
    even though I am not expecting a security patch immediately, OnePlus with a maximum line of 2 phones a year, what takes it so long to update a security patches atleast once in 2 months. this is either negligence nor shortage of man power in software team to fix bugs.

5. auchies
    Donut Apr 2, 2018

auchies , Apr 2, 2018 :
    start ur own phone company then and stop complaining.... trash talk

Budruel likes this.
  6. vivekgokulraj
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2018

Mind your business yar, nobody begged you to replay for the post.

marcusskyfall likes this.
  7. auchies
    Donut Apr 2, 2018

auchies , Apr 2, 2018 :
    then dont post if you dont want replies... as long as you post i will reply... smh

Budruel likes this.
  8. Madhav Lungani
    Cupcake Apr 2, 2018

9. vivekgokulraj
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2018

then be it a progressive one. don't want a debate here.

10. vivekgokulraj
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2018

11. auchies
    Donut Apr 2, 2018

auchies , Apr 2, 2018 :
    go nd use Samsung then nd leave oneplus alone .... no one put a gun to ur head to buy their brand so if you not fine about using oneplus please feel free to buy a samsung or rather buy an iphone i think you will be fine ...smh

otto2 and Budruel like this.
  12. vivekgokulraj
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2018

never asked your opinion though. but thanks for your suggestion. I will consider [e]1f44d[/e]

13. vivekgokulraj
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2018

and I see your recommending pixel and Samsung device in this oneplus forum to everyone. I don't know what OnePlus did to you, since your hating it so badly. and I am loving my OnePlus

14. Bradner
    Froyo Apr 2, 2018

Bradner , Apr 2, 2018 :
    Even Samsung has released February security patch to its phones! Come on oneplus we areosing our trust day by day!

15. auchies
    Donut Apr 2, 2018

auchies , Apr 2, 2018 :
    the you very much stop using oneplus if you dont like them... as simply as that and stop complaining about update... its noobs like you that complain all the time ..

16. auchies
    Donut Apr 2, 2018

auchies , Apr 2, 2018 :
    keep loosing the fate ...i hope you stop using oneplus and leave them alone... smh

17. vivekgokulraj
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2018

auchies

keep loosing the fate ...i hope you stop using oneplus and leave them alone... smh​

and I must say your are a crazy fan of OnePlus. but I am sure that your not helping anyone here(even the OnePlus). you can report all who are all posting here against your decision. and I am using android from eclair. so u can consider me a noob

18. vivekgokulraj
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2018

and can I know what's the purpose of the forum is?? praising the OnePlus blindly??

19. auchies
    Donut Apr 2, 2018

auchies , Apr 2, 2018 :
    if you are not a noob why are you complaining about security patch ...smh i guess you are lonely nd want to start a trash talk to gain attention..

20. vivekgokulraj
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2018

auchies

if you are not a noob why are you complaining about security patch ...smh i guess you are lonely nd want to start a trash talk to gain attention..​

to make OnePlus even a better brand and device. #never settle. that's how OnePlus and android developed by trash talkers like us. we want to move forward along with the brand we own. any problem??