Android Security patch

1. Jawe1212
    Eclair Apr 3, 2018

Jawe1212 , Apr 3, 2018 :
    I agree. Look at the Galaxy S8 and Note 8 are just getting updated to Oreo now.

2. G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE
    Honeycomb Apr 3, 2018

G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE , Apr 3, 2018 :
    I don't mean to say that everything should be original..in house...but apart from performance what else does it offer ? Camera quality is degrading by the day...every feature given is to compete with Samsung and Apple...the design 1+1,1+2 had spoke of a class which is gone...even 1+x was a good device..what effort is the company taking..the originality in the phone is its design..which is straightaway copied...Oxygen OS right from the initial days is buggy and OP is always busy solving those bugs..
    Talk about face unlock- Apple thot every one followed... OP doesn't hears any more...they created a fanbase now they will survive on that...

3. auchies
    Donut Apr 3, 2018

auchies , Apr 3, 2018 :
    solution is stop using oneplus nd get ur self another phone... or you better start up ur own company nd make ur own phone...

rahulchaks likes this.
  4. G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE
    Honeycomb Apr 3, 2018

Solution lies in overcoming the problems. Criticizing comments is very easy to do.

vivekgokulraj and marcusskyfall like this.
  5. Budruel
    KitKat Apr 3, 2018

Budruel , Apr 3, 2018 :
    This is a drama. Delirium comes to such a point that oneplus, listening to users gives us facial unlocking, and you say that oneplus does not listen to users anymore. Go to the doctor! Violin-mas-pequeno-mundo-cangrejo1.gif

rahulchaks and otto2 like this.
  6. G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE
    Honeycomb Apr 3, 2018

lol OnePlus didn't listen to fans and gave face unlock...this feature was on Apple so OnePlus gave it...why didn't OnePlus thot of it while launching Op5??

7. Budruel
    KitKat Apr 3, 2018

Budruel , Apr 3, 2018 :
    Because it is not an infinite screen phone and it has its fingerprint sensor on the front of the screen, which is one of the fastest by the way, my dearest friend. You know that the head is not to wear the hair, right?

otto2 likes this.
  8. G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE
    Honeycomb Apr 3, 2018

dud if u don't know let me inform you the face unlock on OP and on iPhone x is totally different...even on OnePlus 5t it's a software that does the job and no hardware is included in the action...you're speaking shit...so the same is carried forward to Op5 , my point is even if a software does the job of face unlock y didn't OnePlus included at the first place rather than waiting for apple to launch a new innovation and u create a first copy of the same.

9. G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE
    Honeycomb Apr 3, 2018

dud now how come my op5 has a face unlock did the screen become infinite on its own and fingerprint went bak overnight ..lol u need brain more than me.

10. Budruel
    KitKat Apr 3, 2018

Budruel , Apr 3, 2018 :
    First of all, the issue of facial unlocking was taken by you. Fool. Secondly, I know very well the differences between one system and the other, that does not mean that it can not be unlocked with the face. It is more theoretically safe that of iphone. Fool. Third, your op5 does not have an infinite screen, of course, the fact is that the facial unlocking has been done for telephones with an infinite screen, in particular for the iPhone X and the other twos with an infinite screen have assimilated it since the detector fingerprint in the back does not convince everyone. Fool. Fourth, despite having the fingerprint on the front, as I explained before, the op5 community asked for and was granted the improved facial unlocking, since there was already one of the android itself. Fool. Buy yourself a brain. Fool.

otto2 and G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE like this.
  11. G_Vivek_Saraiya_ckHE
    Honeycomb Apr 3, 2018

thnq for running fool in for loop.

12. G_Sanket_Gadre_srao
    Gingerbread Apr 3, 2018

G_Sanket_Gadre_srao , Apr 3, 2018 :
    Listen if they can release security updates with beta rom then they can push just the security patch updates as their is no bugs in security patch updates as beta rom has February patch update

13. gtsdui
    Eclair Apr 3, 2018

gtsdui , Apr 3, 2018 :
    Agree with this. Don't feel safe using banking apps on my 5T..

marcusskyfall likes this.
  14. grvbeast88
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2018

15. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Apr 3, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Apr 3, 2018 :
    No, they cannot, because:

otto2 likes this.
  16. goparaju
    Donut Apr 3, 2018

17. David Y.
    OxygenOS Staff Member Apr 3, 2018

Stickied Post
    David Y. , Apr 3, 2018 :
    Yes, I agree that this is something we can improve.

Software team has been working on a couple of projects. Android security patch level (April 1) update will come to OP5/5T and OP3/3T soon.

18. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Apr 3, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Apr 3, 2018 :
    Can we perhaps get an answer to why there is such a big delay though? I get that with the different sources for the ROM and the internal testing to avoid screw ups(unlike Google^^) some delay is expected, but being 4 months(well 3 if you include the separately merged patches for Spectre/meltdown) on the stable update is still quite behind. If it had been Feb on stable and March on beta, I think there would be no complaints from the people.

19. gtsdui
    Eclair Apr 3, 2018

gtsdui , Apr 3, 2018 :
    Oh, that's good news. Thanks!

20. SeddyOP
    Honeycomb Apr 3, 2018

Budruel likes this.