Android system causing battery drain

1. magnamentis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 23, 2015

magnamentis , Dec 23, 2015 :
    check you cell signal strength, compare cell data time with wifi time and if you're driving a lot around without power adapter that will certainly cost you half of possible SOT. search google for battery drain due to cell data activity and mediocre signal strenght and hopping form cell tower to cell tower, i.e. on a highway and or in a subway and you will fully understand. else you can get a nice battery monitor app like the one from 3C t measure usage in detail. inside android system there are between 20 and 30 different consumers that all go under the label "android system"

2. mschnapp
    Cupcake Dec 24, 2015

mschnapp , Dec 24, 2015 :
    Magnamentis suggests a common cause regardless of ROM. I got my Plus one year ago and had a lot of trouble with the pre-installed CyanogenMod ROM. I flashed SlimKat (4.4.4 Build 9). It's been stable. Battery usage seems fine. Good customization features.

www.slimromsnet

I'm going to wait a while before updating to a later Android version because 5.x and 6.x users have so many complaints on a variety of devices.

3. cxboy
    Froyo Dec 24, 2015

cxboy , Dec 24, 2015 :
    That happened to my opx as well, causing me to get less than 2hrs SOT. what I did was flashing a kernel, root it and natural xposed.

If you have flashed any rom/kernel, try flashing it again from another source. Maybe it's a faulty rom or kernel. (This method fixed the problem and I'm getting 4hrs sot with 15% left).

Show us some images of walklock selector or battery stats?

Hope it helps!

4. niTe_RiDeR_Pro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 24, 2015