OxygenOS AndroidAuto on Oxygen 9.0.9

1. G_Brutal_Heresy_fAsT
    Eclair Oct 23, 2019

G_Brutal_Heresy_fAsT , Oct 23, 2019 :
    Hi, I'm having issues with launching the AndroidAuto on my phone ever since the new update 9.0.9
    The head unit in the car is refusing to talk to the phone.

I have tried:
    - Rebooting the phone
    - Rebooting the car
    - Clearing the cache for the app
    - reinstalling the app

I don't want to revert back to an older OS if I have to.

Edit:1 - I have tried 4 times to post this to the feedback via the phone's Feedback app, but it hs failed 4 times, I have screenshots of this which I'm hoping to post once this has been logged.

Has anyone else come across this issue at all?

phh321 likes this.
  2. phh321
    Donut Oct 25, 2019

phh321 , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Yes, I have exactly the same issue. I posted it earlier today on the forum and it's either disappeared or didn't post. Very annoying to lose Android Auto

G_Brutal_Heresy_fAsT likes this.
  3. G_Brutal_Heresy_fAsT , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I have to drive 540 miles in 3 weeks, I won't be going without my satnav!

phh321 likes this.
  4. phh321
    Donut Oct 25, 2019

phh321 , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    It's not just that, it's music and podcasts that are so much better with Android Auto than just plain streaming. It is so annoying!

5. G_Brutal_Heresy_fAsT , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    for sure, I still haven't found a fix yet, I'll keep you posted with anything else I try.

I've read reports of people saying that the phone no longer works with their computer, I have not tried this yet but planning to do this when I get home from work to see if the usbC still works....

phh321 likes this.
  6. phh321
    Donut Oct 25, 2019

phh321 likes this.
  8. silvagroup
    Honeycomb Oct 26, 2019

silvagroup , Oct 26, 2019 :
    It's Android Auto's recent update not your phone, have same problem on 9.0.8 after I updated Android Auto. Android Auto worked great before that.

9. phh321
    Donut Oct 27, 2019

phh321 , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 27, 2019 :
    Android Auto last updated 4th October. My phone did a system update on 8th October, and Android Auto stopped connecting to the car then

10. G_Brutal_Heresy_fAsT
    Eclair Oct 28, 2019

G_Brutal_Heresy_fAsT , Oct 28, 2019 :
    @silvagroup I appreciate your response but I'm going to have to respectfully decline your response. Much like phh321 I use Android auto at least twice a day and have so for the past 3 years.

It's very likely that since the Oxygen upgrade, I am waiting for my car's head unit or for an update to Android Auto before I can use it again.

But just to confirm, no issues for 3 years before the Oxygen update, and now it hasn't worked since. If I find an update for either car's head unit or app, I will confirm if it has worked.

phh321 likes this.
  11. libinvsunny
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2019

libinvsunny , Oct 29, 2019 :
    I am also facing same issue. past one year i am using android auto in my car without any issues. Last week onward its stopped working, now i connect my mobile, in car display android auto icon is showing but if i try to select its not entering to that. First i thought its cable issue so i checked with other devices then its working.

phh321 likes this.
  12. French Phil B
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2019

French Phil B , Oct 30, 2019 :
    Hello. I'm new to this community and I have the same issue with Android Auto and a brand new Volvo XC40. My A5 phone Oxygen level is 9.0.9 and I can't connect it to the car via USB cable for navigation or Spotify music. I have tried several cables, re-installed Android Auto many times, restarted the phone with or without cache wiping, tried changing several parameters, and the car just keeps asking me to connect a compatible phone. Anyone can help ?

Latest news : I decided to reset my A5 to factory settings, install Android Auto ... and of course it works perfectly. Now I'm re-installing all my apps one by one, checking every now and then that AA is still working ..... Painful, but up to now it's working.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019

phh321 likes this.
  13. G_Brutal_Heresy_fAsT , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 30, 2019 :
    @silvagroup after some more digging these past few days, I owe you an apology, as I was too quick to dismiss your response. it looks like coincidencley on the same day the was an update to:

my phone to 9.0.9
    my car's head unit
    the Android Auto app

I'm not sure if anything else has changed but it looks like something's not playing ball. a combination of these has caused some problems along the way.

I called Vauxhall and they told me there was an update applied (I had to phone them direct for that answer!) Google's Android Auto had updated by itself, and I updated my phone manually. I'll post back any responses.

14. yvvikasit
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2019

yvvikasit , Oct 31, 2019 :
    Having same problem with my Baleno car, made car servicing guys to update my infotainment system firmware also. no luck.@Oneplus team really require your help.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019

phh321 likes this.
  15. phh321
    Donut Oct 31, 2019

phh321 , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 31, 2019 :
    My Android Auto has miraculously started working again, albeit without notifying me WhatsApp messages have arrived (I've de-installed and re-installed WhatsApp but it still won't work). All very bizarre!

16. jamesdsouza91
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2019

jamesdsouza91 , Oct 31, 2019 :
    Immediate after 9.0.9 update android auto hung up 2 or 3 times while connecting but after that, it is working fine for me. Music(prime music and yt music), navigation or notifications(calls, message, and WhatsApp)

17. phh321
    Donut Nov 2, 2019

yvvikasit likes this.
  18. yvvikasit
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2019

yvvikasit , via OnePlus 5T , Nov 3, 2019 :
    looks like we both are on same boat,tried after forgetting phone then it started working,not sure again when it will stop again.@oneplus please do the needful.

19. G_Brutal_Heresy_fAsT
    Eclair Nov 7, 2019

G_Brutal_Heresy_fAsT , Nov 7, 2019 :
    Hi all, I'm going to try and wipe my phone and start again, I will report back to let you know what happens!

I've heard nothing from Google or Vauxhall yet (or One plus!)

Nobody seems to want to give me any answers for this.

phh321 likes this.
  20. phh321
    Donut Nov 7, 2019