AndroidCentral says - Not Yet.

1. pashaphoto
    Honeycomb Aug 18, 2015

pashaphoto , Aug 18, 2015 :
    Russely Holly from AndroidCentral.com does a pretty thorough job in his review...

Link to the full review is below. I sniped some paragraphs for those too lazy to read the whole thing.

Please note, he is reviewing the Chnese International (A005) model of the phone, and makes a point of saying multiple times that the build of Oxygen he is using is pre-production and is not the same one that is meant to ship with the retail phones. I am not sure if this is the most current build out, or if he's talking about that future update OP has been promising...

Full Review - http://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-2-review

Link to Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=84&v=njkhYhMRSu8

Some of the highlights:

Design - With NFC and Quick Charge curiously absent from this phone, the OnePlus 2 lives squarely in the mid-range tier. In any category it's a well-built phone with some clever design decisions and a customization option that will make a lot of people happy, but it's not quite capable of being directly compared to the best being made by HTC, LG, and Samsung.

Performance/Heat - At no point during this review did the phone ever feel sluggish or stuttery, even under load. Like all phones it gets warm under heavy use, but never enough to be uncomfortable to hold.

Software/OS - Beyond this, at several points during the review the phone crashed to a reboot after doing simple things like launching the camera. When it works, it works well. When it doesn't, you lose the ability to read text or have to wait for the phone to reboot in order to grab the picture you want. OxygenOS shows a lot of promise, but it couldn't be more clear the OS isn't ready for prime time yet.

Camera- There's clearly a lot to like about this camera, but it's not without flaws. Getting a great photo in daylight isn't ever a problem, but when the sun sets or you're in a dark room things get a little more complicated. OIS seems almost disabled in the dark, judging from the results of the photos taken over the last week. That's not to say you can't get a decent photo in low light, it just usually requires a steady hand.

Battery - It's also a 3300 mAh battery with results similar to the Verizon Wireless LG G4, which only has a 3000 mAh battery and is connected to all the right bands. From what we can see here, again pointing out the unfinished nature of the software and the wrong hardware for the region, the OnePlus 2 isn't quite as good at conserving battery as it probably should be.

Conclusion - As a general rule, phones that crash to a reboot aren't ready to have money spent on them. Perhaps more important than the software is the position the OnePlus 2 currently sits when compared to other Android phones on the market today. Shelling out $400 for a OnePlus 2 — which you can only spend once you've made your way through the OnePlus Invite System — is a big ask when surrounded by hardware that is less expensive, more capable ... and immediately available.

Like i said Russel does a pretty good job here, so please drop by the AndroidCentral site and give them some traffic as a way of a thank you - http://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-2-review

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015

2. funmunke
    Marshmallow Aug 18, 2015

3. jacobs0323
    Gingerbread Aug 18, 2015

4. JDane07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 18, 2015

JDane07 , Aug 18, 2015 :
    He's not reviewing the Chinese version...
    He states clearly that it's the A2005.

5. EpicSwirly
    Aug 18, 2015

theshinybeast likes this.
  6. pashaphoto
    Honeycomb Aug 18, 2015

you're right, he says it's the international and not the Chinese version... my goof...

7. pashaphoto
    Honeycomb Aug 18, 2015

8. Gall1200
    Honeycomb Aug 18, 2015

9. pashaphoto
    Honeycomb Aug 18, 2015

good catch, thank you...

so many damn android sites, hard to keep track of them all :)

Deactivated User likes this.
  10. ppod
    Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2015

ppod , Aug 18, 2015 :
    oh dear.

11. pashaphoto
    Honeycomb Aug 18, 2015

i sat down and re-read the review, and i can kind of see what Carl is talking about when he announced the latest delay...

it's not that this review is unfavorable or he's trashing the phone in any way, but it's nowhere near the near orgasmic "best phone you can't buy anywhere" type of press that we used to see for the original OPO...

12. dustbunnyck
    Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2015

13. Methiri
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 18, 2015

Methiri , Aug 18, 2015 :
    If he's using a pre-production build of Oxygen this review comes with so many caveats I'm not sure it's valid.

14. pashaphoto
    Honeycomb Aug 18, 2015

yes... i'm sure they will post a follow up at some point once OP releases an update, but unfortunately for now - it's as valid of a review as we're gonna get :)

i too would love to see a more proper review with the NA version of the phone and the upcoming update already installed...

15. Drlipton
    Honeycomb Aug 18, 2015

Drlipton , Aug 18, 2015 :
    I like that they are giving the camera the thumbs up!
    I really want an improvement of the camera on the OPT.

16. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Aug 18, 2015

theshinybeast , Aug 18, 2015 :
    Nitpicker:p And what about some new content in AndriodScout?You lot seem to be up to somethingo_O but I need a hit of something to read,tech wise,instead of all this invite drivel.:p:D

Edit: this sounds too demanding which is very much not my intention.I'm just enquiring:D

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015

Deactivated User likes this.
  17. Hamade
    Honeycomb Aug 18, 2015

Hamade , Aug 18, 2015 :
    I think by the time invites start to roll again most of major software issues will be resolved, judging from my experience with OPO there will never be a very stable software experience with the 2

18. Stories
    Honeycomb Aug 18, 2015

Stories , Aug 18, 2015 :
    Looks like they recommend both the Moto G and the LG G4 quite a bit, as well.

19. EpicSwirly
    Aug 18, 2015

EpicSwirly , Aug 18, 2015 :
    Well we're working on some behind the scenes stuff in an effort to try to improve our content. I can tell you that a certain swirly will supposedly get his hands on the OP2 tomorrow. So expect content in regards to that to come soon. :):rolleyes:

Linanc7 and theshinybeast like this.
  20. dizzle16
    Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2015

dizzle16 , Aug 18, 2015 :
    I read it this morning. My reasons for not getting the 2 are several. But unproven software is one. That and they suck at software updates. They STILL haven't updated oxygen and Helen said they would after it was released