[Announcement] Introducing Vikas, the new GM of OnePlus India

1. Vikas A.
    General Manager of OnePlus India Staff Member Nov 1, 2014

Vikas A. , Nov 1, 2014 :
    Friends,

I’m honored to introduce myself today: I’m Vikas Agarwal, the new General Manager of OnePlus India. It has been only a few weeks since officially signing on but already I know this will be one of the great accomplishments of my life.

I have had the opportunity to interact with the OnePlus team and product in recent months and it has been an amazing experience. Hearing about their upcoming plans, it is clear that they aim to revolutionize the technology industry and make a difference to the lives of their users through their products. I am truly honored, humbled and excited to be part of this epic journey.

Originally from Bareilly, I currently live in Delhi with my wife and 3-month old son. For those of you wondering if I speak Tamil, I don’t :) But I’ve had the fortune of studying at some of the best engineering and management institutes in India and abroad; since then, I have worked in a variety of roles spanning the private equity and technology industries. I have managed large teams at major global corporations and also co-founded and bootstrapped my own e-commerce startup. My career thus far has allowed me to work on everything from finance to business development, customer support and even real-estate, experience I will be sure to draw upon as we build and grow a local Indian OnePlus operation.

While my roles have varied, one thing has always stayed the same: my desire to work and develop my skills in India. Both of my siblings and most of my peers finished school and headed right to large tech companies in the States and Europe. While exciting, I have always believed strongly in Indians’ talent and potential to build globally impactful companies from right here. It is now my great privilege to do just that and hire a team of the smartest, hardest working people in the country to turn OnePlus into an Indian success.

facebook-2.png

We are placing great importance on the role OnePlus India will play in the larger global corporation. Indian users are smart and demand the best from their technology. It is our belief that entering the Indian market will force us to be better just to keep up with your expectations.

We’ll fill you in on more details about Indian operations in the coming weeks. You already know that we will be launching the One with an India-specific invite system. Now you know that I’ll be, first and foremost, the chief customer officer for India. I will be personally involved in our user experience and easily accessible to all Indian fans. We want this community to be a family; we want to stay involved as possible and meet both online and off. The OnePlus Indian community will together build the next great Indian technology company.

This is an unbelievably exciting new chapter not just for me but for OnePlus. I look forward to getting to know you all and soon, officially launching the OnePlus One right here in our home.

Never Settle.

2. ku atone
    Froyo Nov 1, 2014

mukeshr, quza and Saurabh Bansal like this.
  3. rgs
    Jelly Bean Nov 1, 2014

ramsabi, 681991, dan9933 and 15 others like this.
  4. Saurabh Bansal
    Eclair Nov 1, 2014

5. krameash
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2014

6. spartanishan
    Honeycomb Nov 1, 2014

spartanishan , Nov 1, 2014 :
    Congrats...@Vikas for the job...so you're the man.... plz make sure all the things related to Indian launch of OPO works out asap....we're dying to get ourselves...our very own ONE PLUS ONE

ramesh2pmp and piyushdassani like this.
  7. praviarva
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 1, 2014

piyushdassani likes this.
  8. Aman Surana
    Honeycomb Nov 1, 2014

Aman Surana , Nov 1, 2014 :
    hi @Vikas, Congratulations mate!

Just a question, i am a young 15 year old tech blogger and using this epic phone, could i have the chance to talk to you on google hangouts?

just to get a chance to meet the OnePlus Indian General Manager :)

FAROOK and Nilesh Sajnani like this.
  9. Vinayak Pakhare
    Froyo Nov 1, 2014

Vinayak Pakhare , Nov 1, 2014 :
    Congrats Vikas...............so when is the staff expanding for India operations?

10. murraj123
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2014

euphoric likes this.
  11. aditya.bhatt
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2014

12. Sri rajasimha Reddy
    Froyo Nov 1, 2014

FAROOK likes this.
  13. ku atone
    Froyo Nov 1, 2014

ku atone , Nov 1, 2014 :
    And again there is no important announcement ...
    @Vikas please can u tell us wen will be next update going to come

euphoric and vishwas anand like this.
  14. varun940
    Froyo Nov 1, 2014

varun940 , Nov 1, 2014 :
    Welcome... we would really appreciate if you can provide information soon on release dates. there are lots of people who need phone desperately as current phone is not in good condition but are not buying anyother phone except OPO

Sanjay_Halikar, ghitesh and murraj123 like this.
  15. vijaysg
    Eclair Nov 1, 2014

16. isumit96
    Honeycomb Nov 1, 2014

euphoric and architectharsha like this.
  17. DRCH
    German POC Assistant Head Moderator Nov 1, 2014

DRCH , Nov 1, 2014 :
    hey ;)
    welcome ^^

sunil.avvas and Nilesh Sajnani like this.
  18. manosome
    Jelly Bean Nov 1, 2014

19. janghel
    Froyo Nov 1, 2014

20. Nilesh Sajnani
    KitKat Nov 1, 2014

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014