[Announcement] We're moving! An exciting milestone.

1. Mingyu Platform Product Staff Member Apr 2, 2018

Mingyu, Apr 2, 2018 :
    DomainMigration_forum (2).png

When we started OnePlus back in 2013, we were rich in energy and product ambition, but still getting our bearings in every other area. We had to prioritize certain necessities, like getting a space with AC and paying our engineers. We wanted to set up our web presence on oneplus.com, but the cost of doing so at the time didn't really make sense. So we set that dream on a shelf, and focused on bettering our community in every other way.

Nearly five years later, we're proud to announce that we're moving our official site from .net to .com. It's a personal milestone for us, something we've wanted for some time but couldn't achieve when we were just a budding player. On a pragmatic level, we believe this domain change is necessary as we continue to grow. We hope migrating to .com for all regions will help protect our fans from sites who pose as the regional variation of OnePlus.

The older we get, the more we realize how important it is to let the people in our lives know they're appreciated. Not everyone sticks with you through the thick and thin. Whether you've just joined the family yesterday or have been with us since our OnePlus One days, thank you for growing up with us. We've still got plenty of road to cover, but knowing we have a community with us makes passing every milestone even sweeter.

To wrap up this sweet moment in OnePlus history, we have a small giveaway for everyone. We want to hear about your personal milestones! Share a recent major life milestone and we'll randomly choose 5 winners who will receive a OnePlus Backpack and limited-edition notebook.

Update: Thanks to everyone who shared their milestones! Congratulations to @jaivaghela, @Drasm19, @Bartjeboss, @d.vlemmix, @Sploit for winning this giveaway.

Note: The application will be closed on 10:00 pm CET, April 13, and we'll announce the winners by April 20.

2. rva Gingerbread Apr 9, 2018

rva, Apr 9, 2018 :
    Will feel a bit weird seeing oneplus.com rather than oneplus.net but we'll get used to it eventually I suppose.

3. AqeebMohammed Honeycomb Apr 9, 2018

AqeebMohammed, Apr 9, 2018 :
    Thanks for the migration, that's amazing now. I can use Ctrl+Enter to get (.com) on my address bar. Voila, waiting for a long time. Thank you!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018

4. sangamiyer Eclair Apr 9, 2018

sangamiyer, Apr 9, 2018 :
    Well, after years of terrifying depression due to bad experiences, I finally mustered the courage to apply for my dream job. I needed to build all the confidence I can and I did that. Guess what? I got the job and I've never been happier. It is the best feeling the world and this is definitely going to help me overcome my depression. That is my milestone. My biggest achievement.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018

5. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams KitKat Apr 9, 2018

6. Mythreya.sriniva Eclair Apr 9, 2018

Mythreya.sriniva, Apr 9, 2018 :
    Firstly I wanted to thank you for making such a great phone. I bought OnePlus 5T and it is super fats comparing to other devices..great speed, super performance and huge space (128 gigs ) of storage for minimum cost...
    plz consider the upcoming phones to be in the same range so that OnePlus can rule the mobile market in the future

Thank you
    Mythreya

7. fdroko Jelly Bean Apr 9, 2018

fdroko, Apr 9, 2018 :
    It was a great surprise, in these few years that Oneplus is with us was a great evolution, not only at the product level but always sought to satisfy and give a user experience that no other company can provide.

I just hope that the reason and the reason always take into account when making a phone or accessories is to listen and understand what we really want the end users.

8. ASH2050 Donut Apr 9, 2018

ASH2050, Apr 9, 2018 :
    Personally i like oneplus because of its super fast software updates and you know whats the best thing....it keeps on updating there older device...like i have oneplus 3t and yet it is still receiving regular updates...keep it up oneplus... looking forward to buy your next device... OnePlus 6.
    another thing i would like to add is literally OnePlus is one of very few companies who actually listens to there customers...like i remeber in one update they introduced a feature regarding clipboard....as it was not received well by the community they removed it in next feature so in simple words..... OnePlus actually listens to the customers feedback

9. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Apr 9, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Apr 9, 2018 :
    I'm completing 1 year this month in this community. During this journey, an article i wrote was selected and featured in the official Medium page and also got a Lollipop as appreciation for my contribution to this forum. That is the most recent milestone for me and I'm happy sharing it with you all. :)

10. Amar Sharma Eclair Apr 9, 2018

Amar Sharma, Apr 9, 2018 :
    I am an IT consultant and always wanted to work directly with clients. I got one such opportunity and i consider that as my major milestone professionally. It changed how i worked and made me understand how much user experience is important as is functionality. My approach to work on the new client products stays the same which makes clients and managers happy.

11. Lordshane Donut Apr 9, 2018

Lordshane, Apr 9, 2018 :
    I am about to embark on a new opportunity to work for myself. I am getting motivated to do things I haven't done before with help from some friends who have also turned their lives around. I work a season position right now and I'm in a tight spot so this will be a scary for a while but I will survive.

12. papabiz Gingerbread Apr 9, 2018

papabiz, Apr 9, 2018 :
    My first premium phone experience was OnePlus One which i bought back in December-2014. Since then I was using it for 3 big years as I was a student I wasn't able to make frequent upgrades to newer models. I graduated last year and got a good job with decent salary and I was able to save some money to buy the OnePlus 5T. Well, buying a phone from my own salary was a (first)life milestone for me and trust me I made a wise decision buying the phone:)

13. mjai.mk Eclair Apr 9, 2018

mjai.mk, Apr 9, 2018 :
    Well our family has never been the type to spend much on technology. even though I personally love technology. we've been financially struggling all our lives. it's only lately that that changed. I got into the world of CGI and started earning, and somehow everything at home became better. I bought a good computer. I wanted to spend on a new phone and had admired OnePlus for their technology ever since the days of OnePlus One. so I decided to go with the 5T and I have to say, this phone has been amazing. I have felt like I'm the king of the world. i bought speakers from JBL and a couple of other stuff but of all the purchases I've made, this phone has been the best to me.
    not sure how that holds up as far as milestones go, but to me it's been the highlight of my adult life.

14. NovinDavis KitKat Apr 9, 2018

15. G_Javier_Alejandro_Lopez Donut Apr 9, 2018

G_Javier_Alejandro_Lopez, Apr 9, 2018 :
    Great, congratulstions are in order, hope the next milestone is shipping to Mexico, getting my OP5 was not that easy but was totally worth it.

16. wfa31 Eclair Apr 9, 2018

wfa31, Apr 9, 2018 :
    Well first congratulations on making it possible. I have been using mobile photography for over a year now in which I showcase this world wonders. and last year I went to a scientific mission trip to Greenland, Siberia and Finland which was the best thing I have ever done in my life. And just a week ago I have been asked by the same team to join them over another journey to discover the Arctic ocean and Antarctica. Which is a huge milestone for me, yet the journey is just about to start for more discoveries and hopefully I can use mobile to share more inspirational captures.

Amandaral, script, papabiz and 11 others like this.
  17. iamelton KitKat Apr 9, 2018

iamelton, Apr 9, 2018 :
    .net is more innovative and better suits the products images.. anyway this change to .com simply symbolises the company's current focus or, rather, shift of focus lately..

CraigW, nilz22, piccionel and 4 others like this.
  18. Vinkel Jelly Bean Apr 9, 2018

Vinkel, Apr 9, 2018 :
    I've been a fan of OnePlus since the beginning(forum #3234), and have been spending a lot of time on the forum helping people, first as a user later as a moderator which was a big thing for me. Now recently I attended the Open Ears Forum Customer Service Stockholm where I met and talked to @Carl - all that have been a big Milestone for me :D (I was a little star struck, so forgot to smile:D )

Attached Files:

19. One_Plus_Lover_Miu Cupcake Apr 9, 2018

20. chriscurran Donut Apr 9, 2018

chriscurran, Apr 9, 2018 :
    My milestone was moving away from home last year and in with my partner. Completely new area, new job too but it has all been worth it! I haven't been with you since day one but since purchasing my OnePlus 5T, I can't believe I hadn't switched to your devices sooner. I previously had iphones and samsungs but the speed of your device is amazing that I'll never go back!