Another Oneplus Fiasco!

1. vaibhav.s.gautam
    Gingerbread Jun 3, 2016

vaibhav.s.gautam , Jun 3, 2016 :
    Hi Guys,

With every new product launch you say you have learnt from your previous experience but the actions do not match your words. So, I tried to purchase loop VR via Amazon, India and everything as required. I was logged into my account way before required, patiently waited for the countdown and when the sale actually started, what did I found? THERE IS NO ADD TO CART option showing on the app screen. After looking everywhere and going back to home screen and again back to product page, what do I find? THE PRODUCT IS OUT OF STOCK! So how can I buy something if the add to cart option is not even there. And all this happened within 1 min of the launch. Really guys, this is pathetic and this is coming from someone who has been one of your early supporters and bought each of your mobile handsets. Really frustrated ....way to drive away your supporters. And I also believe moderators will remove this post as quickly as possible.

Ned96 and zzkoolguy like this.
  2. grk007
    Honeycomb Jun 3, 2016

grk007 , Jun 3, 2016 :
    Even i tried bro didnt got.. but one of my friend got it.. may be very less pieces they kept for sale..

3. Magnetic Nerd
    Jelly Bean Jun 3, 2016

4. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jun 3, 2016

dsmonteiro , Jun 3, 2016 :
    So OnePlus is responsible for Amazon's site not working properly? Please explain that logic to me.

Also, please remember that you're talking about a free product. Like you, many other people tried exactly the same. And since there only 30000 headsets available WORLDWIDE, they pretty much flew off the shelves.

You can however use any other VR headset to watch the launch.
    Nope.

5. magullo
    Gingerbread Jun 3, 2016

magullo , Jun 3, 2016 :
    What fiasco are you talking about? VR? Or even OP3, not yet released?

6. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Jun 3, 2016

TakeMyMoney , Jun 3, 2016 :
    Is that a rhetorical question? Of course they are responsible.
    They need to ensure their supplier is up to the task.

Following that train of thought OnePlus can shift away responsibility for every mistake they ever made.

Ned96 likes this.
  7. mattshaw4
    Gingerbread Jun 3, 2016

mattshaw4 , Jun 3, 2016 :
    So when you go to the supermarket & they have run out of Coca Cola.... it's Cokes fault for not sending enough stock to the store?

I (partially) sympathise with your frustration, but I am not onboard with your logic! :)

Hassan_Abdul, Manas Eapen and neyluzz like this.
  8. dsmonteiro

Ok, I see your point. The thing is, we don't even know if the site is to blame. Otherwise other people would have not been able to purchase the headset. But more importantly, what fiasco? Of course that a fraction of 30000 headsets would just fly out of the shelves. Some people were able to buy, many weren't. I managed to snag one for myself the other day by pure luck.

otto2 likes this.
  9. JeffW
    Honeycomb Jun 3, 2016

JeffW , Jun 3, 2016 :
    You need to learn how the internet works........ This thread makes you look really bad

10. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Jun 3, 2016

No, lol. It is exactly the other way around.

The Supermarket is responsible for ensuring their supplier is delivering Coca Cola so that the Supermarket can put them on the shelf. The supermarket should control the supplier just as OnePlus should control theirs.

Manas Eapen likes this.
  11. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Jun 3, 2016

I agree with that. The reality is that these types of stunts are just a bad idea. Very very prone to errors.

The next one where they are gonna sell a 1000 3's, for a 'to be determined' price, is gonna cause a lot of noise too.

12. dsmonteiro

China only so I don't know that would possibly generate noise in the international market.

otto2 likes this.
  13. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Jun 3, 2016

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Manas Eapen likes this.
  14. Madhuresh
    Gingerbread Jun 3, 2016

Madhuresh , Jun 3, 2016 :

I guess wht he did was he stayed at the product page and not where the countdown timer was, after exactly when the countdown ended there was an add to cart button for sure, no doubt they were have very less quantity withing fraction of seconds it was sold out!

15. AzarKasXD
    Gingerbread Jun 3, 2016

AzarKasXD , Jun 3, 2016 :
    Yeah of course you must be sure that everyone gets your free product

otto2 likes this.
  16. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Jun 3, 2016

Not the point. You don't invite 500 people to your party if you live in a small apartment. That is asking for problems.

Manas Eapen likes this.
  17. cdisxm
    Jelly Bean Jun 3, 2016

cdisxm , Jun 3, 2016 :
    So Amazon is not big enough to handle the demand for OP3. Interesting.

Hassan_Abdul likes this.
  18. davkos
    Honeycomb Jun 3, 2016

davkos , Jun 3, 2016 :
    Plz stop crying ffs...

You dont have to buy anything... Your life does not depend on these products.

Also stoooop crying you are an early supporter... Are you still going to cry about this when OP10 comes out?

Stoooop!

19. hblvd5258
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 3, 2016

hblvd5258 , Jun 3, 2016 :
    Actually the supermarket just provides the shelf space and Coca Cola stocks the shelves and is responsible for all of the product. (At least in the US). They control it by how much space the company gets. At Amazon, it is up to the supplier to provide the inventory, especially if it is fulfilled by Amazon.

20. jaimal_tandel
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2016

jaimal_tandel , Jun 4, 2016 :
    "Limited quantity, free headset" with added delivery price.
    People who manage to get it fast can have their hands on it. People who cannot get it ( because of whatever reason ) ,won't get it.
    It's not like you paid for some service and you didn't get the thing that you deserved.
    It's kind of Oneplus to at least "think" about the fans and get that many numbers of headset manufactured for the fans by spending money on it. You are not losing something that was ever yours. Get over it and get some simple sense. If you still do want a free headset or anything of that sort then you can very well be a part of Samsung ( get free vr with s7edge and pay that heavy price ) and apple bandwagons.
    Plus, stop creating similar threads everywhere on the forum crying about the vr especially on irrelevant sections - you must realise that this thread is in Oneplus 3 section and this matter of yours is not related to Oneplus 3 by any means, unless you wish to buy the phone from the vr app.
    Even then, you can use another vr or just use your phone from some distance and tilt it around to navigate through ( just like Carl did during Oneplus 2 launch event when he didn't have a cardboard - referring to the Oneplus 2 documentary ). It's gonna be much better because the loop vr does not have any buttons for navigation.