[Answered] Bluetooth mouse working either tv or STB at a time

1. anwersheikh
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2020

anwersheikh , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Hi there

i am using bluetooth mouse(logitech) connected with my opq1 via bt hub(bt receiver of mouse is connected to one of the port of hub) and this hub is connected to tv's usb 2.0, mouse is working fine, but whenever i switch from TV to STB the mouse pointer is showing/moving but not working.(STB n router connected to TV via ethernet),

Please suggest how can i use the mouse simultaneously?

2. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Jelly Bean Nov 30, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  3. anwersheikh
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2020

When i put mouse bt receiver into STB it is also working fine, my question is, can i use the mouse in both devices simultaneously without switching bt receiver from TV to STB, b'coz right now if tv is running then mouse is working fine, but when i use STB i must switched this bt receiver from TV to STB.

Can't i use the mouse without switching bt receiver from TV to STB?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020

4. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Nov 30, 2020

Venky61 , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Hi,
    First thing... It's not BT mouse if you have to use a USB dongle. It's a wireless mouse. BT mouse can be directly connected without any dongle to the TV.
    Secondly, NO, you cannot have any USB device work for both TV and SetTop box at same time. HDMI CEC is the only way they can interact seamlessly with both devices and there's no mouse that can do that.
    Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Tokolozi and Yash Pratap Singh. like this.
  5. anwersheikh
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2020

Thankyou very much, now i am clear,
    Please suggest, should i buy a bt mouse to work together in TV & STB at same time?

Venky61 likes this.
  6. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Nov 30, 2020

Tokolozi , Nov 30, 2020 :
    No, the only way is to use two separate mice to do this. Or a mouse that can switch between USB or Bluetooth.

Venky61 likes this.
  7. Venky61

Venky61 , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Most welcome.
    Even with BT mouse, you need to disconnect it from TV and connect to SetTop box or vice versa evrytime. So as @Tokolozi suggested, having different mouse for each is the best way if you want to avoid the in convenience of jumbling everytime. BT mouse are not widely available in market and are generally costly too. So, stick to the wireless usb dongle ones only.

Tokolozi likes this.
  8. Venky61

Venky61 , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Also if you are willing to spend, then you can buy a Multi-Device Mouse like this that can switch between two devices with the click of a button.
    Let me know if you have further queries... :)

Yash Pratap Singh. and Tokolozi like this.