[ANSWERS ADDED] [AMA] Want to know first-hand PUBG MOBILE information? Come and join us!

1. Zeta.Z
    OnePlus Branding Manager Staff Member Sep 17, 2021

Zeta.Z , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Hi Community,

Our AMA (Ask Me Anything) sessions are back! We are thrilled to invite Eric Cleaver, PUBG MOBILE's Senior Community Manager to be our guest, to share some behind-the-scenes stories from PUBG MOBILE's esports tournaments and the partnership with OnePlus.

一加-x-PUBGM-KV-AMA.jpg

You may want to know more about our new friend Eric. Having a 7-year experience in digital content development and worked on over 50 games, including social, PC and console, and mobile games, Eric is working as a central part of a top-performing team in PUBG MOBILE, If you are a PUBG MOBILE addict, or interested in mobile games, now it’s a chance to know first-hand information about the global leading game! Come and join this thread! Eric will answer 10 questions from you guys!

Time: September 17 to September 24. Questions can be submitted until September 24, 12 PM HKT. Eric will share his answers on September 30.

Rules:
    • Every one of you is allowed to ask one question. Before you type in your question, please do check the thread if anyone has already asked the question you want to ask. If so, we recommend you give those questions likes instead of creating a duplicated one.
    • We recommend you post questions related to the partnership between PUBG Mobile and OnePlus, and Eric’s experience in the gaming industry.
    • 20 OnePlus Community raffle points and OnePlus×PUBG MOBILE in-game partnership items will be given away to those whose questions have been answered. Partnership in-game items are only available on PUBG MOBILE.
    • Standard terms and conditions apply.

2. dsmonteiro
    Infamous Mastermind Staff Member Sep 30, 2021

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Sep 30, 2021 :
    Hey everyone,

We've collected all your questions and shared them with Eric. Now it's my privilege to share the answers to his favorite questions:

• @Technical SuranaJi: I wanted to ask How are the prizes decided by PUBG Mobile while hosting any tournament? Like on what basis the prizes are decided?
    Eric: That’s a great question, and the answer is “very carefully”. Obviously we need to make sure teams are fairly compensated and there is a strong motivation to compete. We want to make sure the prizes are suitable to the incredibly talented players and difficult competition they have endured to reach the finals. We look at what we’ve done in the past, what the costs are to compete, and then try and dig a little deeper to make sure the rewards are absolutely the best we can provide. Esports is a very important part of PUBG MOBILE, and we’re incredibly grateful to the amazing players who compete in PUBG MOBILE.
    • the_o2: How to convince our parents that's the eSports/mobile gaming is a thing
    Eric: I remember when I was young telling my parents that I wanted to work in games; my father was absolutely convinced that I would never be able to make any money doing it. We look back and laugh about it now, but as a parent myself I also find myself more sympathetic to his position. Parents want what is best for their children, and it’s important to realize they are making decisions based on a multitude of considerations that we may never fully realize. Listen, put extra effort into the activities that are important to them, and demonstrate responsibility and respect. If you can do that, you’ll find most people are a lot more willing to listen. The other thing is not to neglect education; no matter how convinced you are that your career lies in a specific direction more education will always help. Esports is a big business for participants, and more education will help navigate that business if you do realize your dreams!
    • @Sanjoy+: Hi Eric. My question to you is, how important is it for you all as a Corporation, to detect & eradicate in game cheating movements for the betterment of the experience of the game we all love and what anti-cheating measurements are there in the pipeline in near future to eradicate this issue completely ?
    Eric: Providing a fair playing experience for players is absolutely critical; if people don’t think the game is fair they quit playing. We spend many long hours working to make a great game, and there’s no one who hates cheaters more than us. We’ve written a couple of big letters in the past laying out in detail some of our efforts, other things we are doing unfortunately have to remain secret so that cheaters won’t figure out how we are catching them. As long as there is someone willing to try and cheat the problem will never completely go away, we’ve caught people in the past collaborating over voice communications to try and fix games, but we’re catching them more quickly than ever before and we will never rest in our efforts to make PUBG MOBILE 100% cheater free.
    • @mahant_rakhi: Hello Eric. Can you tell us apart from working on PUBG, what other games have you worked in, especially PC and consoles?
      And also if you can give some info about how Mobile gaming development differs from PC/Console.
    Eric: There’s a lot! A few that are more well known that I have done work for include EverQuest and EverQuest 2, City of Heroes, StarWars Galaxies, Planetside 2, DC Universe Online, RIFT: Planes of Telara, ArcheAge, Trove, Defiance, Crusaders of Light, and many other games. Most of my career has been spent in what we call “Live Service games,” or games that continue to see updates and development after release like PUBG MOBILE. The oldest game I have worked on just turned 22, and is still actively being developed and played by people today, but nothing is quite like the success of PUBG MOBILE!

The three biggest differences in my mind are speed, competition, and accessibility. Speed is a much bigger factor in Mobile; development needs to be much faster than any other platform if you want to keep your players happy. You need to be constantly working, optimizing and making your player experience the best it can be. Competition is also much more fierce in Mobile, almost everything is free-to-play and every app is trying to get players’ attention; if a player has a bad time they’ll likely move on to something else. Finally accessibility is huge, after all worldwide almost everyone has phones in our pockets; that’s a huge pool of gamers available whenever they are awake worldwide, as opposed to consoles or PCs which have much less global availability and are limited to specific locations and times.

• @Aditya_4: Hey Eric, I want to ask your opinion on how Mobile gaming impacted the gaming industry as a whole, considering the last 2 years have been really big for the mobile gaming and e-sports industry. Can you predict what the future of Mobile gaming holds in a post-pandemic not-working-from-home world?
    Eric: Mobile gaming is definitely here to stay, and it’s only getting bigger! PUBG Mobile has been downloaded over a billion times since it launched, which is amazing. The last couple years have been a time of huge growth for Mobile gaming, but the ability to take great games with you and play them anywhere on great looking devices is too big an idea for it not to continue to grow. Gaming is now one of the biggest forms of entertainment worldwide, and Mobile is leading the way.
    • @Dhruv Kashyap: How do you feel the eSports have evolved over the recent times, and how have Mobile Manufacturers contributed to this revolution? What according to you will be the future of the eSports?
    Eric: Esports continues to grow, and incredibly quickly. It’s been amazing to see the reaction of our community; it seems like every year we have double the amount of participants and viewership is huge! Mobile has contributed and truly made these competitions world wide, at the last tournament I was able to attend I met with teams from India, Argentina, the USA, Russia, and more while sitting in a stadium with thousands of cheering fans from equally diverse locales. With the vast popularity of mobile games, interest in Esports is growing apace and the size of the audiences will continue to increase, further legitimizing these competitions as actual sports.

That's it for now! Thank you all for sharing your questions and a special thanks to Eric for his time and his replies.

3. Starcommander
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Writers' Club Sep 17, 2021

Starcommander , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Considering the popularity of Esports as a whole industry, do you feel children should be introduced to such games from a small age?

4. G_plusone
    Nougat Sep 17, 2021

G_plusone , Sep 17, 2021 :
    My question is PUBG 90 fps on oneplus *** when?
    kidding aside What are the possible impacts gaming will be having as a profession?
    What are the possible physical and mental health related issues that may arise when playing for prolonged periods ?
    Like for streamers

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021

5. B1615281650567
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2021

6. Himanshu.Behera
    Jelly Bean Sep 17, 2021

7. Technical SuranaJi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2021

S1609920305899 and WakeAwake like this.
  8. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 17, 2021

the_o2 , Sep 17, 2021 :
    How to convince our parents that's the eSports/mobile gaming is a thing 😅

9. DarshanMeniya
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Sep 17, 2021

DarshanMeniya , Sep 17, 2021 :
    How do you see OnePlus * PUBG MOBILE collebration and according to you what is the biggest advantages of this collebration?

10. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Sep 17, 2021

luigimario , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Hi Eric. I'm wondering what the future holds for the PUBGx OnePlus partnership. Can you give us a hint of what we might expect in the future?

A1viejr1, WakeAwake and Iamhasannaqvi like this.
  11. Sanjoy+

Sanjoy+ , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Hi Eric. My question to you is, how important is it for you all as a Corporation, to detect & eradicate in game cheating movements for the betterment of the experience of the game we all love and what anti-cheating measurements are there in the pipeline in near future to eradicate this issue completely ?

12. psygarden
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Sep 17, 2021

13. Arjunrangs
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2021

14. mahant_rakhi
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2021

mahant_rakhi , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Hello Eric. Can you tell us apart from working on PUBG, what other games have you worked in, especially PC and consoles?
    And also if you can give some info about how Mobile gaming development differs from PC/Console.

S1609920305899 likes this.
  15. Iamhasannaqvi

Iamhasannaqvi , via OnePlus 7 , Sep 17, 2021 :
    As a gaming enthusiastic I would like to ask that What is the future of PUBG community in India? For now the available server can host games with Indians only as the game states BGMI.
    Will PUBG New State change this? Can we expect that other regions will be merged as a whole similar as before?

Playing with other regions always adds fun to the game which is lacking at the moment. And I hope this changes soon.

Thank you for this AMA!! Really appreciate it.

WakeAwake and DarshanMeniya like this.
  16. Aditya_4
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Sep 17, 2021

Aditya_4 , via OnePlus Nord 2 , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Thanks for The AMA @Zeta.Z
    Hey Eric
    I want to ask your opinion on how Mobile gaming impacted the gaming industry as a whole, considering the last 2 years have been really big for the mobile gaming and e-sports industry.
    Can you predict what the future of Mobile gaming holds in a post-pandemic not-working-from-home world?

17. derLenno
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Sep 17, 2021

derLenno , via OnePlus 8T , Sep 17, 2021 :
    From a community management point of view, what are the hardest challenges to overcome when bringing together two global communities of this immense size? How do you measure whether the collaboration worked?

Daniel D. and WakeAwake like this.
  18. Subbunn
    Eclair Sep 17, 2021

20. voiduser
    Donut Sep 17, 2021

voiduser , via OnePlus 5 , Sep 17, 2021 :
    My question is
    Why can't you settle with just one game and improve it to the fullest rather then developing a new game?
    Here comparing PUBG with PUBG : New State.

21. A1627745548146
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2021

A1627745548146 , via OnePlus 8T , Sep 17, 2021 :
    And also how can it be enabled if it's not available at the moment will there be an update to enable it

D1545591563908 likes this.