AntiPiracy, checkmate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. return.of.octobot
    Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2015

2. return.of.octobot
    Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2015

return.of.octobot , Aug 16, 2015 :
    This is what I've been saying all along, Exodus has been slowly cutting their own throat ever since 5.1 builds commenced, and I've said this even before their debacle with Content Guard began, but if that wasn't clear before it should be abundantly so now. It's been riding on the coat tails of the 5.0 builds from the get go and has yet to be able to live up to it's own standards. Perhaps if they spent a little less energy trying to impose their own will on the end user, and a little more on building a quality ROM then Exodus wouldn't have become the turd that it is..and I'm sorry, I've been dying to say this from the very first Exodus 5.1 builds but have bitten my tongue at the risk of sounding insensitive. @PrimeDirective may be at the helm of running Exodus into the ground, but bringing @raja.m into the fold was the absolute worst mistake the Exodus team ever made, that guy is so incredibly incompetent. I don't know if he intentionally hides behind the language barrier or if he really is as dense as he comes off, but I have to laugh every time a user posts an issue in the Exodus thread and he fires back with some canned response completely unrelated to the topic at hand and regurgitates his 'we are work hard to make Exodus best ROM experience' rhetoric. Mistake number two was thinking that they were too high and mighty for Team Vanir who by the way, are still over there cranking out quality builds with zero bullsh*t like they always have.

3. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Aug 16, 2015

Dr. Indest , Aug 16, 2015 :
    You sir nailed it! Amazing post!

Also, I love the new icon!

madmike95 likes this.
  4. prstorero
    Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2015

prstorero , Aug 16, 2015 :
    I just switched to DU yesterday :p (not from Exodus)

Dr. Indest likes this.
  5. one_minus_one
    Eclair Aug 16, 2015

6. zupergeek
    Gingerbread Aug 16, 2015

zupergeek , Aug 16, 2015 :
    anyone know the definition of malware? i think disablecontentguard should be renamed to malwarecontainer ;)

i mean its in the rom... one doesnt agree to use it... it is forced to us... no do not agree button... it removes software without permission... tho if he removed facebook... life would be more amazing :D

bakerbarber and Dr. Indest like this.
  7. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Aug 16, 2015

8. bakerbarber
    Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2015

bakerbarber , Aug 16, 2015 :
    Preach on.

No coincidence that the break from Vanir and the decay that followed happened at the same time.

The rhetoric being spewed in defence of the piracy project on the Exodus thread is laughable.

The real community isn't falling for the game. Real users appreciate the valuable contributions of guys like @return.of.octobot and @indest et all. We see the difference between legitimate positive contributions and subversive acts of sabotage. Different agendas are clear. Exodus ROM now synonymous with repression to me.

While they worked on their malware you guys were fixing the active radio bug and stuff to improve the quality of the individual experience.

The evidence is clear as day that Exodus ROM is focused on being a platform for personal agendas. The anti-user attitude is palpable. Focus has been lost there. Wrong priorities stemming from a false sense of privilege and entitlement.

madmike95, Cobrin, Dr. Indest and 2 others like this.
  9. NielsHeinos
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2015

10. LyuboA
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2015

LyuboA , Aug 16, 2015 :
    Just used Dex Manager v1.1 to edit classes.dex of settings.apk AICP 1408 build removed org folder recompiled put back into the apk file made clean install NO AntiPiracy sh*t everything is working

ddlittlejohn and Dr. Indest like this.
  11. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Aug 16, 2015

Dr. Indest , Aug 16, 2015 :
    I think @PrimeDirective is full of himself....

Just read this quote:
    I am happy OP did not offer him an early invite. Them supporting him = them supporting oppression and lack of freedom. This dude does not deserve an invite, now or never.

madmike95, asj0422 and bakerbarber like this.
  12. bakerbarber
    Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2015

bakerbarber , Aug 16, 2015 :
    I know.

I bought three OPOs.
    One bamboo back.
    Two power banks.

Keeping score isn't my thing.

Kind of shows the elitist attitude I think he has. No one owes us anything. You sent them money and they shipped you working products. Transaction complete.

madmike95 and Dr. Indest like this.
  13. LyuboA
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2015

LyuboA , Aug 16, 2015 :
    classes.dex editing is working in latest 1608 AICP build too most often the dummest way is the best :))

Dr. Indest likes this.
  14. Frankrizzo
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2015

Frankrizzo , Aug 17, 2015 :
    This is a slap in the face to prime and I'm loving every bit of it. He is so arrogant he deserves it so much.

Dr. Indest likes this.
  15. PrimeDirective
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2015

PrimeDirective , Aug 17, 2015 :
    I said an early invite. As in a couple weeks ago ;)

16. silverview
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2015

silverview , Aug 17, 2015 :
    Not trying to pick a fight, this just struck me as humorous when the quote is taken out of context. ;)

bakerbarber likes this.
  17. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Aug 17, 2015

Dr. Indest , Aug 17, 2015 :
    I am glad you did not get it. You are not special. Wait in line like everyone else ;).

18. bakerbarber
    Jelly Bean Aug 17, 2015

bakerbarber , Aug 17, 2015 :

I considered that as I typed it. Ironic since it is kind of hard to say I bought stuff too and I'm not saying I deserve anything because of it

It is humorous of me to say I'm not keeping score immediately after tallying up my score. :D

Dr. Indest likes this.
  19. Fylon
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2015

Fylon , Aug 17, 2015 :
    Hey guys.. Apart of CM12S official rom, what are the other alternative 3rd party rom that are free from this anti-privacy crap?

20. asj0422
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2015