Any got their compensation?

1. ncfc_greg
    Eclair Jul 19, 2014

ncfc_greg , Jul 19, 2014 :
    I haven't ordered any accessories, this email is because they delayed shipping my OPO

mahvi likes this.
  2. killianbell
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2014

killianbell , Jul 22, 2014 :
    I'd like to know what the delay is, too. Like @ncfc_greg, I was promised a free case and screen protector because of the shipping delay to Europe, and I've heard nothing since. I see these accessories are on sale now, so I thought we'd have been given an update by now.

ncfc_greg and luis alfonso like this.
  3. BlurryEyez
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 22, 2014

4. killianbell
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2014

5. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator Jul 22, 2014

drmartin , Jul 22, 2014 :
    Yeah I hope they fix the problems with the cases, my white back protector has some microfractures which are becoming much bigger as time goes on (you can now seem space between them). :(

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014

mahvi likes this.
  6. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jul 22, 2014

7. ncfc_greg
    Eclair Jul 22, 2014

ncfc_greg , Jul 22, 2014 :
    Pleased to see its not just me

8. WGA
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2014

9. YKK
    Jelly Bean Jul 22, 2014

YKK , Jul 22, 2014 :
    +1

10. Michael
    Froyo Jul 22, 2014

Michael , Jul 22, 2014 :
    A letter in your screenshot is 1 month old. I don't know much about logistics, but I'm pretty sure that this issue is not relevant anymore.

11. ncfc_greg
    Eclair Jul 22, 2014

ncfc_greg , Jul 22, 2014 :
    How is it not relevant? The email states that I am entitled to the compensation of a cover and screen protector. The fact that the email is a month old only shows that the compensation is late, not that it is irrelevant. That's poor customer service if OnePlus is going back on their word to customers

12. killianbell
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2014

killianbell , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Wow. Really? How is this “not relevant anymore”? You're saying that if you promise customers something but then keep quiet about it for over a month, you no longer need to honor that promise?

I love my OnePlus One, but the more I have to deal with OP, the more I think your customer service is just downright terrible. Just because you have a popular product that everyone wants, it doesn't give you the right to treat people like crap. One day that approach will come back to bite you.

Do you think all these people who waited weeks for their OPOs to be delivered and are now being told that their promise of a free case and screen protector is “not relevant anymore” are going to buy from you again? Nope. And neither will the people who received devices with yellow screens and were told they'd have to pay their own shipping charges it they wanted to have it swapped.

I know you're a young company trying to make a name for yourself, but for a large number of people who have experienced your customer service, it certainly isn't a good name you're creating.

ncfc_greg likes this.
  13. ncfc_greg
    Eclair Jul 23, 2014

ncfc_greg , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Totally correct, the customer service from OnePlus is appalling.

On the up side I submitted a ticket and got this reply:

I'm sorry for any inconvenience. We will send you protector case and screen protector as we promised. However, we could not promise you an exact time for shipping them out. Please trust us, we won't eat our word.

We hope for your understanding.

Not sure how much truth there is in this though, we could be waiting a while:(

14. doubledownwookie
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 23, 2014

doubledownwookie , Jul 23, 2014 :
    I think there are multiple different delays.

The EU one, it appears you get a FREE case/protector

The USA (Storm of Invites winners) get 3 additional invites....whoop-de-doo. I would rather have a free case/protector.

15. nishant31290
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2014

nishant31290 , Jul 23, 2014 :
    raise a ticket with the customer service!

16. ncfc_greg
    Eclair Jul 23, 2014

It appears we'll get nothing though, our delay is "irrelevant"

Abhijithlopz likes this.
  17. ncfc_greg
    Eclair Jul 23, 2014

Submitted at least 4 now trying to get some answers, only 2 replies which were both fairly unhelpful

18. doubledownwookie
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 23, 2014

19. ncfc_greg
    Eclair Jul 23, 2014

Yeah I read the same, think it was in a post by Jerry, but that doesn't explain why we've heard nothing. Also if you look at what Martin posted on this thread it looks like they can't be bothered to honour their commitment to us

20. Michael
    Froyo Jul 24, 2014

Michael , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Oh, sorry. What I mean is that mentioned issue about regulatory icons (which were made by me) isn't relevant for delays anymore. Furthermore, I'm from design team, I'm not Michael Truong from customer service who gave you that promise. I'd love to help, but all I can do for you guys is to give an advice :(

ncfc_greg likes this.