Any Happy OPO Users Still Out There Not Looking To Upgrade?

1. Benjamin19
    Froyo Jun 23, 2016

Benjamin19 , Jun 23, 2016 :
    I purchased a OPO way back. I suffered through a lot of the software growing pains. I rooted and dabbled in that for awhile to try and alleviate touchscreen issues.

I bought a Priv on launch and subsequently buried this phone in my nightstand drawer. Once I found out that marshmallow was pushed to this, I reset the phone, unrooted, and installed the updates. I am finding out that this phone is as good as it's ever been. If BB doesn't fix some issues, I could easily see myself reverting back to this phone.

I know most people that visit forums are coming because they are unhappy or are looking to fix a problem, but I wanted to see if there were any truly happy people still rocking this phone as their daily driver.

2. CookieTheMonsta
    Froyo Jun 23, 2016

gaster, lakland, smauri and 4 others like this.
  3. Qazi.Rza
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 23, 2016

gaster, wordpass and smitbhagat like this.
  4. iPusak Gaoq™
    Jelly Bean Jun 23, 2016

iPusak Gaoq™ , Jun 23, 2016 :
    I'm one of the guy that still using OPO...was planning to get the Mi5 until i found out that the Mi5s would come out later this year :D

Dinny Praneels and Kapitan Nemo like this.
  5. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 23, 2016

toastytoast1234 , Jun 23, 2016 :
    My OPO is still running fine, and I expect it to continue to do so for quite some time.

My spare / backup / work phone is a Galaxy S3. That's the one which will by replaced by the OP3 (if the damn thing ever ships), at which point I'll probably have a ceremonial smashing with a hammer.

gaster and jman47 like this.
  6. CrownedSusanoo
    Honeycomb Jun 23, 2016

CrownedSusanoo , Jun 23, 2016 :
    I have to say I'm a little 50-50 with the One. My main thing is that this phone's wifi keeps disconnecting sometimes. It's not all the time it's happened but when it does, it pisses me off. And I have no idea how to fix it. I've restarted it 3x already and to no avail. I could've been talking to a very attractive girl (in which I was just now) and then poof. Wifi disconnects and won't connect. It's stuck on 'Obtaining IP Address.' Even after getting Marshmallow, It still does this.

Robert Powers likes this.
  7. robbiegast
    Honeycomb Jun 23, 2016

8. VirtuosoLoki
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2016

VirtuosoLoki , Jun 23, 2016 :
    Absolutely happy with my OPO though I might just get OP3 if it ever land on my country with a reasonable price. While the difference between, say, a galaxy s7 and OP3 may be 300 usd, the difference in my country between the two might just be 100-150usd. In such case, it might be worthwhile to get the s7 instead.

9. Chinaroad
    Honeycomb Jun 23, 2016

Chinaroad , Jun 23, 2016 :
    I bought mine in October 2014, still happy with it, still a beast , come on it has a SD801 AC , 3GB of ram, a good battery, a FHD screen, not so bad camera (things like fingerprint or QHD or 4K screen are useless for me ), why should i upgrade, it is perfect for me , people are crazy about numbers always wanting more even if they don't need it, the phone is perfect and always runs smoothly as the first day so why should i think about upgrading (unless get lost or stolen or just dies alone lol), and it can easy handle next android updates if they still developping for it(come on the phone is almost a PC lol), So no you're not the only one

mshahmoo, armmani2001, Neono and 2 others like this.
  10. 1ikhan

1ikhan , Jun 23, 2016 :
    Using Paranoid Android on the OPO feels like OxygenOS, and since I still get 2 day battery with my usage, I see no point in switching yet. OP3 is a great device, but so is my OPO. Ill consider switching if something happens to my OPO.

smauri and Kapitan Nemo like this.
  11. Dweezy91
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2016

Dweezy91 , Jun 23, 2016 :
    I was very with my OPO used for about a year and sum months then I upgraded to a OP3 last week

12. roderickh

roderickh , Jun 23, 2016 :
    50-50 with my OPO, best phone for the value but it has its flaws. I can live with those flaws due to the low cost of the phone.

I am however ordering the OP3..

13. PopikRO
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2016

PopikRO , Jun 23, 2016 :
    The very porpouse of buing a very good phone is, in my case, to be able to use it for a lot of time. I never bought a phone exceeding 200€, this beeing 400. I'm an average user, my first product from OP is OP2, about a year ago, and i'm very happy with my choise. I intend to use it for at least half of year,or even more, but I really like the new OP3.

14. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Jun 23, 2016

TakeMyMoney , Jun 23, 2016 :
    I am thinking about it but there is nothing out there that immediately convinced me to buy it, like the One did.

15. smitbhagat
    Honeycomb Jun 23, 2016

smitbhagat , Jun 23, 2016 :
    OPO is still a beast...no matter what :)
    I find myself going back and forth between CoS 13.1 and The CM nightlies ,I don't know why :p
    The only smartphone in which having sooooooo many ROMs is a curse as we struggle to find a stable ROM and I get very easily tempted to try new ROMs so i m always between ROMs :p
    But on the serious note,though Oneplus has abandoned the very device that brought it fame...its still a beast
    I love my OPO <3

davidkelly86, mithilmja and Dron99 like this.
  16. jman47
    Honeycomb Jun 24, 2016

jman47 , Jun 24, 2016 :
    I have the exact same set up lol :p
    wanted a OP3, but im waitin on the Axon, Idol and a few others, even the Moto X Pure is now reasonably priced and dont mind being a few years behind
    ( as long as it is stock 64gb, 3000 mah, and has band 1,2,4,5,17)

17. PaulF8080
    Gingerbread Jun 24, 2016

PaulF8080 , Jun 24, 2016 :
    I've been waffling. Some days I want to upgrade. My Bluetooth got fixed with in upgrade to my car radio so now I am extremely happy with my OPO. The only thing don't like about the OP3 specs is the custom charger.

18. theincredible
    Gingerbread Jun 24, 2016

bart877ie likes this.
  19. bobbybabaletskOS
    Honeycomb Jun 24, 2016

bobbybabaletskOS , Jun 24, 2016 :
    I couldn't have had a better phone. I bought the OPO when it was a year old (April of 2015). I have been having issues with certain public WiFi setup configurations (slow speed). Although frustrating everything else is top notch, still. The OPO could be the phone of my choice for at least another year (unless it breaks, of course). I just wish cyanogen support would continue, they really stepped it up in COS 13.1, the phone is at its best ever. It still baffles me on how hard it is for Oneplus to release an oxygen OS 3.1.1 across all devices. No one would buy a new phone just for going up a release number, anyway. 17 year olds on XDA are porting their ROMs to multiple devices by just being 3 person teams. But anyway, Oneplus one is the dream, still!
    BTW it is Steve kondik's favourite phone and his daily driver

Robert Powers and Dron99 like this.
  20. RB_82
    Honeycomb Jun 24, 2016