Network/Connectivity Any one having issue with oneplus cause wifi router to drop out

1. nonameleft1
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2018

nonameleft1 , Jan 8, 2018 :
    I have Synology rt1900ac router it worked great without any problems for many months. Recent wifi updates to the either router or android devices cause my wifi to drop out on all devices. I do noticed every time I return home with my oneplus 5t wifi will drop out soon after that. However, my other family members with iphone don't have that issue. I suspect there might be something in recent security patch causing wifi to act weird. Anyone having similar issues?

2. allroadusa
    Eclair Jan 9, 2018

allroadusa , Jan 9, 2018 :
    I'm in the same boat here. Using Netgear Orbi and Oneplus 5T 4.7.6 with December patch.
    The OP5T will crash Orbi router any single day. Pick up your phone in the morning ? Orbi will reboot.
    Return home in the evening ? Orbi will reboot.
    The only and 100% fix is to shut down Wifi on OP5T.
    Issue has been reported many and many times on Netgear forum. It involves Android devices running November or December patch (7.1 or 8) and cause massive crash and reboots on many router brands.
    It seems Google is investigating, as well as Linkys, Asus, Netgear and many others.

3. nonameleft1
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2018

nonameleft1 , Jan 10, 2018 :
    Do you have source of Android devices cause router to reboot? I need share it with people on Synology forum. Everyone is in the same boat