Any OnePlus 5 users in idea to upgrade to 6?

1. Oneplus_5_user
    Eclair May 21, 2018

Oneplus_5_user , May 21, 2018 :
    Since there a huge leap between OnePlus 5's design and OnePlus 6's design, even me, who planned to keep my OnePlus 5 for 2 years can't resist but to yearn for OnePlus 6. Anyone planned to upgrade your OnePlus 5 to OnePlus 6?

Last edited: May 21, 2018

2. NovinDavis
    KitKat May 21, 2018

NovinDavis , May 21, 2018 :
    Nah I will wait for a true 5g device ... but I really love Oneplus 6 ... u should buy it if u have money :)

3. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow May 21, 2018

Hydra Bob , May 21, 2018 :
    Curious as another OP5 owner what huge leaps you've seen in the OP6 that makes you yearn for it so badly? Personally I don't see anything to temp me to upgrade any time soon.

4. Oneplus_5_user
    Eclair May 21, 2018

OnePlus 5 has an older design with 16:9 display (but can't complaint since only device that was bezel less that time was s8). OnePlus 6 has eis better aperture at a proce hike of 3000 bucks. What can't be called a leap here?

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  5. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 21, 2018

toastytoast1234 , May 21, 2018 :
    6 is one more than 5.

6. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow May 21, 2018

I wouldn't call any of that a 'leap' more like minor improvements. Bezels don't really bother me but then again neither do notches. And I don't use my phone camera enough to really care about OIS, especially since we've yet to see it put through its paces in any real world tests yet. As far as the design sure glass is pretty but it's also more fragile and they didn't bother adding the wireless charging to justify it. This one looks like a pass for me, I'll probably hold off until at least the 7.

7. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 21, 2018

toastytoast1234 , May 21, 2018 :
    Incidentally, 5 is one more than the number of threads this twot has started in the last 30 mins.

8. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow May 21, 2018

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::eek::confused::rolleyes:

Ravi BINAVAT and MentalDraco like this.
  9. Oneplus_5_user
    Eclair May 21, 2018

Considering that this year there is not much of a new feature available to add to the device. Even the wireless charging is an old technology, we can't expect much out of OnePlus 6. This was the expected specifications, but yes, OnePlus always are in need to catch up because at this price range they miss out some feature that is already in the market.

10. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow May 21, 2018

Not much in the way of new features and yet this phone is a huge leap forward?:confused: Not sure I follow you there. For the record I don't really care about wireless charging until it seriously improves in the amount of power it can provide, that's just the only thing in my mind that would even be a somewhat sufficient justification for the glass back. Premium-ness just isn't cutting it for me.

11. sunny.spidy
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 21, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  12. rickybarretto
    Gingerbread May 21, 2018

rickybarretto , May 21, 2018 :
    OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 5 users shouldn't upgrade to OnePlus 6 as 5g is on the horizon and it doesn't support 5g. better wait for the next phone.

13. K1512629222938
    Cupcake May 21, 2018

K1512629222938 , May 21, 2018 :
    i wont recommend plus 5t users to switch onto plus 6 coz i dont see breakthrough differences between these two devices. But Ppl who r using plus 5 or lower should get their hands on plus 6.

Maazperwez and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  14. Oneplus_5_user
    Eclair May 21, 2018

I am jusy saying that there is no tech advancement this year thats why you feel like upgrading from 5 to 6 is not a leap. Also as I said everytime OnePlus launches a device they leave behind some feature and that will only be catched up in next installment. So, as a OnePlus 5 user I feel like my device miss out some features even if you say you don't care it doesn't mean it is not resolved or doesn't mean anything to others. I care that's why I chose OnePlus over Apple.

Ravi BINAVAT and Punit G like this.
  15. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow May 21, 2018

I'm not saying you shouldn't care about those features I'm just saying your kind of contradicting yourself about the whole "huge leap" thing. But we're just arguing semantics at this point, which I could do all night but most people don't seem to find it as enjoyable...

16. Oneplus_5_user
    Eclair May 21, 2018

Hydra Bob

I'm not saying you shouldn't care about those features I'm just saying your kind of contradicting yourself about the whole "huge leap" thing. But we're just arguing semantics at this point, which I could do all night but most people don't seem to find it as enjoyable...​

Okay then, lets do it all the night. I am not picking sides to upgrade from OnePlus 5 to 6 and you can't blame me for yearning. I didn't cointradict myself I am just weighing pros and cons of this device. Saying that even though it may not have a mesmerizing improvement from last year it makes us feel like a leap and it is from a certain view. After all OnePlus 5 is a uninspired design mixture of iphone 7plus camera setup and OnePlus 3's front design. Remember how many devices had the same design in first half of 2017? So, I consider it a leap in design.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  17. G_Chetan_Doddamani_ImtH
    Cupcake May 21, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  18. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow May 21, 2018

Lol I was trying to convey that I wasn't trying to be a dick about this but okay.:rolleyes: The phrase a huge leap means that something made a sudden and/or drastic improvement and then you yourself admitted that there wasn't much in the way of advancement in tech this year to add to the device and even implied that OP intentionally held back or has before certain features to use in their next installment. I'm pretty sure that contradicts the idea behind something making a hug leap, just saying.

19. Oneplus_5_user
    Eclair May 21, 2018

Come on. I never said op holds back the technology to use it for next year or something, rather I said they are catching up late, owing to the selling price. Its just half the price of its competition. And to talk about the lack of new tech this year, utilisation of all minor improvements (new chipset, bezel less trend, ois and aesthetics) and catching up is a leap from giving a beat up design and lack back in tech.

Last edited: May 21, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  20. Oneplus_5_user
    Eclair May 21, 2018