Any OnePlus 5 users in idea to upgrade to 6?

1. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow May 21, 2018

Hydra Bob , May 21, 2018 :
    I think you forgot to hit reply there.:rolleyes: How was the OP5 lacking in tech? Because it didn't have a bezel-less design. Other than that all you keep harping on is the OIS and the design. Which yeah they probably should have included the image stabilization but as far as the design goes on the 6 it's still pretty played out. Glass backs and notched displays are just copycatting what others have already done just like they did with the 5. The OP6 looks like the bastard child of a Samsung and an iPhone to me nothing really special or unique about it at all. Still not seeing where any leaps and bounds were made.

2. Oneplus_5_user
    Eclair May 21, 2018

Last edited: May 21, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  3. G_Patel_Bhargav_GlHw
    Gingerbread May 21, 2018

4. G_Jessie_Tomich_izOb
    Gingerbread May 21, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  5. Oneplus_5_user
    Eclair May 21, 2018

Oneplus_5_user , May 21, 2018 :
    Guess you have to wait until R&D finds a way to remove the notch. Definitely it wouldn't be OnePlus that does it first.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  6. Oneplus_5_user
    Eclair May 21, 2018

If you say so, you never can buy OnePlus. It will always be a bastard child. I too am an OnePlus 5 user and when did i say OnePlus 5 is lacking in tech. Don't imagine please. I said there is no new tech this year. Design is important brother. A device can have that years design not last years design. If you hate notch more than lacking of bezels, go on and hate it. This is OnePlus 6 ($580) not Samsung s9($840). Moreover, its ois is necessary for controlling shakes and eis is only issued, IDK whether you know or not eis is poor in low light. And where did i exactly say OnePlus 5 is lacking in technology? Its design leap I am talking about.

Ravi BINAVAT and nickkuk like this.
  7. Deactivated User
    May 21, 2018

8. Oneplus_5_user
    Eclair May 21, 2018

go on, you too can do that.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  9. Aman Singh gurjar
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 21, 2018

Aman Singh gurjar , May 21, 2018 :
    Well i followed your conversations with @Hydra Bob , I really dont get what you are trying to convey , at one post you are saying that there are corners cut for 6 while on others you are saying that there is a leap - taller screen , new gen chip , ois ( although nothing about camera quality is known yet ) , glass back ( without wireless charging) is this what you consider a leap .

& about design , is taller screen is what you are reffereing to big leap all this time ?
    and about Op5 it was a design copy of oppo and so is Op6.

Ravi BINAVAT and Hydra Bob like this.
  10. delucaserick
    Gingerbread May 21, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  11. Budruel
    KitKat May 21, 2018

Budruel , May 21, 2018 :
    And you this BountifulOrnateFoal-max-1mb.gif
    Money, money, money it's burning me honey... Money, money, money...

12. EmzeO
    Honeycomb May 21, 2018

EmzeO , May 21, 2018 :
    yes, sold my 5T on eBay for a good price so the 6 isnt so expensive anymore. Doing it every year or 6 months!

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  13. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro May 21, 2018

Liehjan , May 21, 2018 :
    The upgrade is cosmetic, hardware is not that much better (except the camera) If you upgrade now to the 6 you will be in this same boat in 1year when the 7 launch ;)

Ravi BINAVAT and Hydra Bob like this.
  14. stin00
    Gingerbread May 21, 2018

stin00 , May 21, 2018 :
    If you own the 5 I would defenitely wait for the iteration that has no notch and a fingersprintscanner under the OLED panel.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  15. vIssu777
    Eclair May 21, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  16. V1526901627271
    Cupcake May 21, 2018

V1526901627271 , May 21, 2018 :
    I got the OnePlus 3 and I am fine with it. Great phone. Don't buy a new device when you are fine with your current one.

my reasons:

1) If you keep your old device as long as you are comfortable with it, buying a new device feels mir Premium and you will be more excited
    2) Think about 2 scenarios: a) you switch to OP6 now and to OP7 or 8 later b) you keep your phone and get OP8. Would it bother you that you missed the 6 and enjoyed a great phone (the 5) meanwhile, when you got the 7 or 8?
    3) Think about the overall impact of your choice. Not only is it better for your financial situation if you just keep your 5, it affects also some other things. Electronics need rare materials, and although I am a great tech enthusiast too (yes I admit I also sometimes think about buying new stuff again and again) we all should care about our impact. If we buy phones too often, it could cause more environmental damage* and make the phone prize rise, because materials get more rare.

TL;DR: Keep your OnePlus 5 as long as you are comfortable with it, don't switch only because something is newer.

*Remember that you want to live on this planet a few years more.

17. ankitgondalia
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 May 21, 2018

18. G_Patel_Bhargav_GlHw
    Gingerbread May 21, 2018

G_Patel_Bhargav_GlHw , May 21, 2018 :
    m2 its also my thought[e]1f44c[/e]

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  19. BiswajitB
    Gingerbread May 21, 2018

BiswajitB , May 21, 2018 :
    I will also wait for a 5G handset. my OnePlus 5 is not yet One year old and performing very well. No reason for me to change my phone now

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  20. Malathi Ay
    Donut May 21, 2018

Malathi Ay , May 21, 2018 :
    wait for the one plus 6t or the next flagship from one plus, one plus 6 supports dual VoLTE and is 5g ready due to x20 modum but you will get better stability in future from one plus ,if your upgrading from one plus 2/one plus 3and3T,then it might be fair to update otherwise wait for 4 months for one plus 6T.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.