Yep LTE everywhere with rogers here in Canada

4. Dimmerworld
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2016

5. Morttem
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 14, 2016

6. g_ngan
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2016

g_ngan , Jan 14, 2016 :
    After readying every post, I think you misread his post. He is saying that his friend got band whatever unlock then you or someone bring in the NFC part. The post he made:

"But adding NFC would not be possible"...it means software unlock is impossible for NFC. He said "would not be possible" which means impossible.
    "The qualcomm chips can do the job. Its software that's stopping it." I get it as it's software that's block the specific bands.

I think manufactures have to pay the chip company for accessing each bands (or a group of bands).

In regards of your post about 'smart people' would do business for this and it would be all over internet. I am not sure how many phone actually use this chip but if the number is small then it does not make sense for them to do this moreover; I would believe it's illegal (each country has its regulation for band usage). In addition, let's says 10000 smartphone uses this chip...and there would only be a handful of people needing to unlock other bands (given that they have the knowledge of this which; many normal users don't know). So that will significantly decrease the demand for such service. Moreover; there are so many chips out there (brands and versions)...it is extremely difficult for a shop to unlock every single brands/versions of chips (which I don't think they have the knowledge to do this). So that again will significantly decrease the demand for such service.

In short, is it worth for 'smart people' to open a shop and do this? I don't think so.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016

sfomin likes this.