Any Problems with usage in the UK?

1. Reloaded
    Honeycomb May 29, 2015

Reloaded , May 29, 2015 :
    True, it is boxed "Global" but i guess its not for the uk frequency's;)

EDIT: Also its to do with the UK's infrastructure, its so old. The conservative party did promise to upgrade the infrastructure and make driver-less cars legal from the just recent election (but we will see what promises they will live up to);)

2. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean May 29, 2015

ilovesoneplus , May 29, 2015 :
    Rumours on the internet are a possible price drop?who knows?only a couple of days 2 find out..

3. redleema
    KitKat May 29, 2015

redleema , May 29, 2015 :
    Its up to the mobile network operators to upgrade their networks but having an old infrastructure isn't such a bad thing as LTE is, to put it simply, a reconfiguration of the existing architecture with a few extra add-ons bolted on. However, had the OPO supported band 20, virtually all the major UK operators would be covered.

But yeah, political promise & pledges... Gotta be a mug to believe them.:D

4. Reloaded
    Honeycomb May 29, 2015

Reloaded , May 29, 2015 :
    So true, they never live up there promises! LTE wise it is up to the networks if they want to update/upgrade the infrastructure; which they never will because its too expensive for them to upgrade and they will see no benefit in terms of profit wise and of course they don't care for the benefits of us the consumers.

But I was referring more toward the internet speeds as we are still using copper wiring for internet and it would be great if they changed that to fiber optic all the way to the ISP's which is what the conservatives promised to do (but who knows what they live up to) as in to upgrade our infrastructure because we all want speeds like Japan has.

5. malachikhan
    Eclair May 29, 2015

malachikhan , May 29, 2015 :
    Hoping for a price drop, ordering mine soon

6. Reloaded
    Honeycomb May 29, 2015

Last edited: May 29, 2015

7. malachikhan
    Eclair May 29, 2015

8. UnTraceable-EJM
    Cupcake May 30, 2015

UnTraceable-EJM , May 30, 2015 :
    I get LTE most of the time in the north west of england. I'm on three network.

There is a little issue as sometime when I'm at work in the morning my signal is in orange, I get phone called and text but do data, this only happens ever now and again and is fixed with a simple restart. (Granted a restart can be a pain but oneplus restart pretty quick and the battery is good enought to not drain on restart).

Thrren network is pretty crap for coverage full stop but my one is never out of signal and like I said I mainly have lte.

9. Briang123
    Cupcake May 30, 2015

10. ogriff
    Jelly Bean Jun 1, 2015

ogriff , Jun 1, 2015 :
    Just now in London
    Screenshot_2015-06-01-08-49-47.png Screenshot_2015-06-01-08-49-47.png

Attached Files:

11. SexyHyde
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 1, 2015

SexyHyde , Jun 1, 2015 :
    Three just bought O2 so they will share network eventually. I was speaking to a guy quite high up in one of the companies and he said it would take about a year.

12. SexyHyde

SexyHyde , Jun 1, 2015 :
    I've been using three for 11 months and its cost me £30 on payg. I'm loving it.

13. Jinks86
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2015

Jinks86 , Jun 1, 2015 :
    I'm on the outskirts of London and on Three....I don't always have 4G but I dont have much issues with connection with my OnePlus but when I'm in London it's even better!

14. Reloaded
    Honeycomb Jun 1, 2015

Reloaded , Jun 1, 2015 :
    Three 4G? Thats a really good connection, I wanted to get a new contract hopefully I will get those speeds, only problem is that O2 is the only operator who has good service in my area so its a hard decision...

That would be awesome because O2 is the only operator to get a good connection in my area so if they share a connection I will get the best of both worlds. Speed of 4G and my full bars (mostly)

15. ogriff
    Jelly Bean Jun 1, 2015

ogriff , Jun 1, 2015 :
    Three 4g shepherds bush

Reloaded likes this.
  16. astralbee

astralbee , Jun 1, 2015 :
    I think everything has been covered but my experience was 7 days to deliver (last year though) and it was carried by DHL so their standard policy if you are not in on delivery is to take it away and leave you to rearrange delivery for another day. So be in, if you are desperate to get it. You'll get tracking text messages.

I am on the EE network so I get great 4G speeds in my own area and wherever there is 4G coverage. As has been mentioned, the OPO doesn't support all frequencies in use in the UK which is why there is this disparity between networks.

• EE - exclusively uses bands supported by the OPO so you will get 4G everywhere it is available (some parts of the country are patchy)
    • Three - apparently they piggy-back off other people's networks so you will get 4G in some areas but not others. Be a bummer if the area you live in doesn't support it.
    • Every other network - you will only get 3G speeds, even if you pay for 4G. Shame.
    If you aren't going with EE (who can be expensive if you don't haggle or have an existing contract to get a preferential rate) then I don't think there is any point going with Three as it is luck of the draw if you get the 4G you pay for or not. Giffgaff have some competitive deals on 3G.

Hope this helps! And enjoy your One.

Reloaded likes this.
  17. SexyHyde
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 2, 2015

SexyHyde , Jun 2, 2015 :
    It should give Three the indoor signal coverage they struggle with, as they lack 2G, but they have the Three InTouch app that helps to get around it with WiFi (it's not perfect, but it's being updated quite regularly). My outdoor signal is great so no issues from me there, but I do have pretty decent WiFi for most of my day so don't really need network coverage, hence why I only spend on average £2.80 a month.

18. kum.chetan
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2015

19. Reloaded
    Honeycomb Jun 2, 2015

Reloaded , Jun 2, 2015 :
    If you dont mind me asking, what is in your contact per month (usage) that its an average £2.80. Because I have my WiFi at home and when I'm out and about I need a good amount and fast data plan from three (sim only) and I don't want to spend loads on it

20. SexyHyde
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 3, 2015

SexyHyde , Jun 3, 2015 :
    I went with the PAYG 321 plan which is 3p per minute calls, 2p per text and 1p per MB you get a free 150MB for included in a £10 top up. It helps to know exactly what you use to work out what is the cheapest plan, I was able to work out going PAYG would cost £4-5 per month (50-80mins, 10-50texts & 150-300MB), but as I have moved almost all my calls and texts to free messaging services, I've been able to get it down to under £3 a month.