Anyone from Dallas? Need some advice...

1. joshuaalex
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2015

joshuaalex , Aug 7, 2015 :
    I was thinking about perhaps moving to America sometime in the next couple of years due to my job being almost completely online now so it gives me the freedom to move. And I was wondering if anyone knows if Dallas (specifically flowermound and highland village) is a nice place to live in terms of crime, things to do, people etc. Any reply will be a appreciciated greatly, I know this is a long shot but you never know :D

2. Me1256
    KitKat Aug 7, 2015

Me1256 , Aug 7, 2015 :
    You have the internet at your disposal. Make use of it. :D
    Took me 10 seconds to find a crime rate for flowermound. Its not part of Dallas though.
    http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/tx/flower-mound/crime/
    It looks like its the safest place in Texas lol.
    And the crime rate for highland village. http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Highland-Village-Texas.html

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015

3. joshuaalex
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2015

I have been doing, that's why I've found this area ;) all seems to be good but if people here happen to know otherwise I'd like to know before I plan to move there :rolleyes:

4. Tyronekramsey
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2015

Tyronekramsey , Aug 7, 2015 :
    Internet is such lies a personal experience is more genuine than an online review.
    Why dallas? You should move to cali or something that's where alot of foreign people go. You should reconsider a new place becuase dallas isnt the best of places if it compares to other parts in texas

pratik vyas likes this.
  5. sleepdragonone
    KitKat Aug 7, 2015

sleepdragonone , Aug 7, 2015 :

That is heaven on earth with some heat, come and try.

pratik vyas likes this.
  6. joshuaalex
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2015

Honestly, I know that the house prices are low at the minute but are appreciating fast so it would be a good investment and from what I've read there are plenty of jobs available, the only thing worrying me is crime, although I don't know if its as bad in the north...

7. EpicSwirly
    Aug 7, 2015

EpicSwirly likes this.
  8. Baymax
    Marshmallow Aug 7, 2015

Baymax , Aug 7, 2015 :
    I live in Dallas. It hasn't been too bad to live here. The crime isn't bad.

joshuaalex likes this.
  9. joshuaalex
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2015

Thankyou! People make it out to be far worse than it is I guess, that's the internet for you :D

10. Baymax
    Marshmallow Aug 7, 2015

Baymax , Aug 7, 2015 :
    Dallas robot... Get it right. Lol

11. Baymax
    Marshmallow Aug 7, 2015

Baymax , Aug 7, 2015 :
    Well. It was quite bad a few years ago. We used to be in the top 10 crime cities.

We kinda fell off the past couple of years. Honestly haven't checked what rank we are now. But one thing one must know is that Dallas is the opposite of Honolulu. Dallas is a wonderful place to live, but not really a place to visit. Honolulu is a wonderful place to visit, but not really a place to live.

LostPorcupine likes this.
  12. lukemantini
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2015

lukemantini , Aug 7, 2015 :

p51d007 likes this.
  13. elanglois
    Lollipop Aug 7, 2015

elanglois , Aug 7, 2015 :
    I'm in Dallas. As far as being good, that depends on what you are into. Cost of living is way lower than Cali (I used to live there, too). If you have specific questions??

14. joshuaalex
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2015

Yeah that's exactly why I wanted to move to dallas (or similar) in the first place; I didn't want to move to a tourist area like florida or cali because you realise its not like it is when you went on holiday there :D I've heard the north is nicer, would you agree?

15. p51d007
    KitKat Aug 7, 2015

p51d007 , Aug 7, 2015 :
    I don't live in Dallas, but I've been there many times. The Grapevine area use to be a pretty good area, along with Carrolton, McKinney, Lewisville & The Colony. It's been about 4 years since I've been to that area, so things could have changed since my last visit.

16. joshuaalex
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2015

Do you think its easy enough to get a job? (for my partner) and to settle in with the locals, because that's what she's most worried about! And also do you know if there is a noticeable difference between north and south Dallas?

17. Baymax
    Marshmallow Aug 7, 2015

Baymax , Aug 7, 2015 :
    Yeah. North Dallas is pretty safe ( I think) I am in East Dallas. My neighborhood is safe. But you mentioned Flower Mound. The crime rate is low there, or you could look at places like Rowlett and Rockwall. They are about 30 minutes outside the city and they are quite safe. But Rockwall has been selling houses like hotcakes

18. LostPorcupine
    KitKat Aug 7, 2015

LostPorcupine , Aug 7, 2015 :
    We in baltimore are sorry to lose you in the top 10. It's lonely being number 1.

19. Baymax
    Marshmallow Aug 7, 2015

Baymax , Aug 7, 2015 :
    Detroit is first. Last I checked Baltimore was at 8 or 9

LostPorcupine likes this.
  20. joshuaalex
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2015

I will definitely have a look, thankyou! Yeah I saw something about flowermound being low crime, I guess why the prices are higher than other places near there. Thanks again!