Anyone gone back to iPhone?

1. skimakcx
    Eclair Nov 6, 2014

skimakcx , Nov 6, 2014 :
    I switched from an iPhone 4 to the One about a month back, and initially I loved it.

However I've grown tired of the constant troubleshooting, the completely random reboots, unexplained battery drains, unreliable GPS, and overall lack of refinement that permeates this phone. There is a laundry list of things wrong with the software (bugs EVERYWHERE, sound recording is inexplicably awful, apps run wildly in background, apps don't disappear completely when deleted, recents isn't always updated straight away, and so much more). I'm seriously considering an iPhone 6 Plus because it just WORKS, no caveats.

I'm typically not a person to complain selfishly about a product because I don't have that much money to spend. So when I do receive less than perfect hardware, I try and work with it. This is a case where I am fed up with how grossly incompetent this phone handles simple tasks.

Granted, I did love CM's theme engine, and the app drawer is awesome in letting me see the whole home screen without obtrusion. There's a lot I like about Android's customization. Compared to the iPhone, though, its simply not for me right now. I'll be getting an iPhone 6 Plus as soon as I sell my One.

theaprilsix and areyesrn like this.
  2. patstar5
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2014

patstar5 , Nov 6, 2014 :
    You put my quote in bold!

3. flasher_for_nokia
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2014

4. chalice47
    Eclair Nov 6, 2014

chalice47 , Nov 6, 2014 :
    Never been a fan of using iPhones (mostly cause of the price), so no I wouldn't

5. lcarabez
    Eclair Nov 6, 2014

lcarabez , Nov 6, 2014 :
    At home all uses iOs except my husband, he has android ... no problem at all with both OS, but is more regular that he is the one with wifi, phone signal, etc when our iPhones are "scanning" for wifi .... No experience at all with OPO since I just knew about this phone (for what I read and see in the web: the wonderful phone) and I am waiting the right moment to have one (right moment = receive an invitation)

raaomoka and dgustafson like this.
  6. billv
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 6, 2014

7. dgustafson
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2014

dgustafson , Nov 6, 2014 :
    I am an Android user but also have an iPhone 4 (3 only). ANY comparisons to Galaxy 4/5. I just starting using a mint unlocked S4 Active and love it. I plan to use OPPO soon for my Go Phone service, replacing the iphone4. I also use WIND from Canada, does the OPO use WCW MA 1700, as that is what Wind uses exclusively in Canada. I have free US roaming on att and t-mobile with it, up to 2 data that is...

I need an invite too...I have tested apps for att and t-mobile as a contractor in the Seattle area.

lcarabez likes this.
  8. bnonymous
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2014

bnonymous , Nov 6, 2014 :
    F*ck iPhone. Useless piece of crap. I ain't going back to that shitty device again. iPhone 6 innovation my ***.

9. Kallen
    Nov 6, 2014

areyesrn likes this.
  10. areyesrn
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 7, 2014

areyesrn , Nov 7, 2014 :
    a majority of the Physicians, PA's and Nurse Practitioners at the hospital that I work in use iPhones as well...

I guess they don't have time to google bootloop fixes and unlocking bootloaders and finding just the right kernel going into TWRP and stuff...they just need their phones to work....

11. KilleB
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2014

12. budschiphorst
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2014

13. palnati
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2014

14. lynchnigel
    Eclair Feb 18, 2015

lynchnigel , Feb 18, 2015 :
    guy at work has a perfectly good and working ipad 1 or 2 and he cant get the app he needs as they remove the older apps so he said - so now he cant use it. i ditched my iphone and wouldnt go back again.

15. CubanGamer305
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2015

16. prernatirumalai
    Donut Feb 18, 2015

prernatirumalai , Feb 18, 2015 :
    hi.

USPS has delievred the phone to the wrong person and i cant get through them. Noone from ONEPLUS is helping.

Please suggest what to do! $380 at stake!

17. Baymax
    Marshmallow Feb 18, 2015

Baymax , Feb 18, 2015 :
    You do know that the OPO is the flagship killer, right? Last I checked the iPhone was also a flagship lol

18. Baymax
    Marshmallow Feb 18, 2015

Baymax , Feb 18, 2015 :
    Did you try the 24 hour support from OnePlus? Best way I know of is to email them or get them here on the forums.

19. xaudzai
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2015

20. Lostcypher11
    Honeycomb Feb 18, 2015

Lostcypher11 , Feb 18, 2015 :
    Haven't used an iPhone since the 3g can't see myself ever going back to iphone I enjoy my freedom to much.

raaomoka likes this.