Anyone to Guide me in London

1. Aradhya2119 Eclair Dec 9, 2018

Aradhya2119, Dec 9, 2018 :
    Hi! I am Aradhya and I am an Indian. I will be flying to London on the 17th December. Ill be travelling alone to explore London. I haven't ever travelled alone anywhere and I am visiting UK for the First time. I am a bit scared and lost on how will I be exploring it all alone. Can anyone here help me out who is from London....Maybe if you could give me some tips or maybe if you are free on the dates I'll be traveling it will be a great pleasure to make new friends who could guide me through the city. I'll be really very glad if anyone would help me out to visit different places and know the culture much better. Just hit me up if anyone out here could help me out. I have heard Community is quite larger and friendly....So I thought of taking a chance. Thank you.

obakesan, dalmia09, ariblaze and 6 others like this.
  2. meatandy Nougat Dec 9, 2018

meatandy, Dec 9, 2018 :
    How about I tag some people from around the area that could give you some attraction suggestions and tips.

@superplus
    @Rick Manders
    @puccellino
    @Sharinnn
    @toastytoast1234
    @SoniaB
    @malidan

dalmia09, superplus, ElfStone and 7 others like this.
  3. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 9, 2018

SoniaB, Dec 9, 2018 :
    Hey Aradhya

A lot depends on where in London you will be based and what your own expectations are. I have asked some UK guys to see if they are available.

Enjoy your time in London.

superplus, ElfStone, script and 2 others like this.
  4. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 9, 2018

5. Aradhya2119 Eclair Dec 9, 2018

meatandy likes this.
  6. Aradhya2119 Eclair Dec 9, 2018

Okay so I'll be Arriving at Heathrow On the 17th and I would be in London for 2 days...So could you help me out? @SoniaB

meatandy likes this.
  7. meatandy Nougat Dec 9, 2018

superplus, Rick Manders and SoniaB like this.
  8. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 9, 2018

SoniaB, Dec 9, 2018 :
    Unfortunately, I do not live in London. So I myself cannot assist here in meeting up.

I have asked some of the UK guys I know if they are free but with the close proximity to Christmas, many people will have already used their free time.

If you can confirm what location within London you will be based (for example, Knightsbridge, Camden, Brixton, Soho) then we can give you a better idea of what is around your vicinity and some ideas on where to explore

superplus, Aradhya2119 and meatandy like this.
  9. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 9, 2018

SoniaB, Dec 9, 2018 :
    Northern Irish :rolleyes:

superplus and meatandy like this.
  10. meatandy Nougat Dec 9, 2018

superplus, SoniaB and Tricksodave like this.
  11. Tricksodave Jelly Bean Dec 9, 2018

12. Tricksodave Jelly Bean Dec 9, 2018

13. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 9, 2018

superplus, Aradhya2119 and meatandy like this.
  14. Tricksodave Jelly Bean Dec 9, 2018

meatandy and SoniaB like this.
  15. jizang KitKat Dec 9, 2018

16. meatandy Nougat Dec 9, 2018

superplus, Robxxx7, Andy.w and 2 others like this.
  17. Aradhya2119 Eclair Dec 9, 2018

In London I'll be staying somewhere nearby Heathrow Airport. And I would be Commuting From there( Though I don't even know how to) but yet....So like I have 2 days to spend in London and then I would be flying off to Dublin, Ireland. So was Thinking on how should I spend my only 2 days to make Memorable visit to London. Would love to have some great Company to be with while traveling.. Hopefully save myself from getting Lost in a completely Unknown City.

18. Tricksodave Jelly Bean Dec 9, 2018

superplus, Hydra Bob, SoniaB and 2 others like this.
  19. Aradhya2119 Eclair Dec 9, 2018

Well I probably don't drink. But don't worry I could definitely treat you with it.

superplus, SoniaB and meatandy like this.
  20. Sharinnn Lollipop Dec 9, 2018

Sharinnn, Dec 9, 2018 :
    hey, I'm not in London, or free to be in London on those dates unfortunately. I'm assuming you have somewhere to stay, I would use Google maps to see what's around that area. get an idea of your surroundings as getting lost is pretty easy to do. I wouldn't wander around too far or if you do make sure you research public transport as buses and the underground tube can be quite confusing.

so basically, the internet is your friend. maybe you could get in touch with the other people that are going and plan something?

hope it goes well for you! keep us updated :)

superplus, script, Hydra Bob and 3 others like this.