Anyone to Guide me in London

1. malidan Marshmallow Dec 9, 2018

malidan, Dec 9, 2018 :
    So your coming to London town, cool.
    I don't live in London but my fav places where you can still go to were.
    Camden Town market ( on a sunday) an absolute must. The hustle the bustle the characters and plenty of cool gear on offer ( clothing)

Soho (accompanied) to get the full effect. I've seen some things and had many a laugh i will take to the grave.( and I don't mean peep shows ):sweatsmile:

And the obvious London central, everybody goes there.
    The thing I love most about London was the women and the nightlife, that was my main draw back in the day.
    The saying London never sleeps is 100% true.
    I hope you have a great time.:D

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018

meatandy, dalmia09, superplus and 2 others like this.
  2. Andy.w KitKat Dec 9, 2018

Andy.w, Dec 9, 2018 :
    thanks ! my misses hates it so I wear it all the time :)

meatandy, superplus, script and 4 others like this.
  3. mojoyoyo77 KitKat Senior Moderator Dec 10, 2018

mojoyoyo77, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Remember that google maps can help a lot, download maps of the islands on your device before traveling ...

meatandy, dalmia09, superplus and 3 others like this.
  4. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 10, 2018

superplus, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Exactly, @Aradhya2119 most of it has been said already, offline maps and the Tube and Oyster card will be your friends.

I have barely done anything touristy in London myself, but I did love the Natural History Museum, if you're into that sort of stuff. Beware, there's heaps of stuffed animals though, so if that's not your thing, best to steer clear.

Another thing, which I've not personally done yet, but would be on my list of things to do is take the DLR from Tower Bridge to Canary Wharf, from where you can walk to the Isle of Dogs and then to a tunnel that goes under the river Thames and comes out at Greenwich Village. There you could visit Greenwich Park and the Prime Meridian after which you could train/tube back along the South Bank to Waterloo and cross the river back to Embankment Station, which is close to Covent Garden. It'd be quite a trek though, especially coming from Heathrow area.

@obakesan might be out and about and/or have other tips for you? I know he would definitely appreciate having your beer if you're not having any ;)

Hey, I'm happy to head over now, rather than waiting around to see what this mess will turn into :eek: most likely an even bigger mess, and that's putting it mildly!

5. Tricksodave Jelly Bean Dec 10, 2018

Tricksodave, Dec 10, 2018 :
    craic is always 90 here.

meatandy and superplus like this.
  6. dalmia09 Jelly Bean Dec 10, 2018

dalmia09, Dec 10, 2018 :
    I reckon OP is a she. Not that it matters, but still... :sweatsmile:

@Aradhya2119 hope you have a great trip! :)

superplus and toastytoast1234 like this.
  7. toastytoast1234 Lollipop Dec 10, 2018

toastytoast1234, Dec 10, 2018 :
    He is indeed a she, and unless we were recommending strip joints I suppose the advice would be the same either way.

(Actually, last 3 times I was dragged to a strip joint it was by women, but that's a whole different story (door rules, apparently)).

There's at least a solid year's worth of tourist stuff in London, so in the absence of any further guidance we're all just guessing.

meatandy likes this.
  8. obakesan Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 11, 2018

obakesan, Dec 11, 2018 :
    Hi @Aradhya2119 how are you doing and welcome to London? How long are you staying for? I might be able to meet up for a coffee and say hi and offer some tips, no promises? PM me and say hi. Cheers

SoniaB and superplus like this.
  9. gubro KitKat Dec 18, 2018

gubro, Dec 18, 2018 :
    I live in London, but I think I am too late to the party.
    2 days for London is nothing, do you are better off hopping on the train to the Centre of London and walk.
    Don't bother with Oyster card, you can use your card if that has a contactless function

superplus likes this.
  10. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 18, 2018

superplus, Dec 18, 2018 :
    ah true, I forgot about that

not that late to the party anyway @Aradhya2119 should only just have arrived yesterday
    @Aradhya2119 hope you'll have a great stay and that you're not being treated to the lovely rainy grey days we're having up north at the moment

11. 2pints Honeycomb Dec 21, 2018

2pints, Dec 21, 2018 :
    Have there been any Oneplus events in the UK, that are not in London? places such as Portsmouth, Bristol, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cardiff, Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen

12. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 21, 2018

superplus, Dec 21, 2018 :
    bit off-topic to this thread, but yes, there have been some events in Manchester, and even in Leeds once and possibly other places too