Anyone try project Fi with a OP device?

1. jrosser
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 14, 2016

jrosser , Jun 14, 2016 :
    Just wondering if anyone tried project Fi with a OP device and if you had any luck. Even if it was just wifi and T-Mobile that worked. I assume you would not get sprint.

Thank you.

2. cashcow
    Donut Jun 16, 2016

cashcow , Jun 16, 2016 :
    I had it for a month, what you get is sprints low end towers( even though their main towers is the same) you get cut off, edge nework etc..

Same with T-Mobile which is better than sprint! but the price project Fi are charging should be better quality from both..

I have T-Mobile, it's better you get more for your money and it spotty in some areas, but it is great for me though..

3. TeamValor91
    Community Veteran Jun 16, 2016

4. Rob W
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 16, 2016

Rob W , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Pretty sure I posted something about this before here.

I use Project Fi as one of my active sim cards.

With both the OP2, and the OP3, I've had full LTE coverage on T-Mo's side. You won't be able to pick up CDMA coverage, so the Sprint side is out completely.

Sitting in my office right now, in a pretty dense usage area, I get ~35-50Mbps down on T-Mo's signal. Obviously my results vary based on location, time, server connected to, etc, but I can't complain about the coverage or speed that I get with my Fi sim.

I activated my Fi sim last year on a Nexus 6, and have since used it in a dozen or so GSM devices. Haven't had issues with any of them.

5. TeamValor91
    Community Veteran Jun 16, 2016

TeamValor91 , Jun 16, 2016 :
    You did post something about it. Check the 2 links above. You commented on one of them.

BikerMom likes this.
  6. Bizguts
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2016

7. markzellers
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2017

8. BikerMom
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2017

9. BikerMom
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2017

BikerMom , Jan 5, 2017 :
    You're brilliant! Thank you so much!

10. nickleeceo
    Cupcake Apr 10, 2017

nickleeceo , Apr 10, 2017 :
    I activated my Fi SIM on 6P about 4 months ago. I use OP3T. So far it has been working fine. No major complaints. Most of the time, it is T-Mobile I am on. It worked in multiple States and Canada. It works in Mexico also but not really stable. I don't think it was issue with OP3T. Fi was weak in Mexico.

11. technomensch
    Cupcake May 3, 2018

technomensch , May 3, 2018 :
    Did you have success with WiFi calling & the handover to cellular? How about Google Voice & forwarding voicemails to GV?