Anyone with a fossil q marshal?

1. G_Adrian_Chiu_kyWY
    Froyo Feb 6, 2017

2. mabmed
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2017

mabmed , Feb 6, 2017 :
    I'm running a LG G Watch R with OP 3T. Works great, no problem.

3. Vito B.
    Community Manager France Staff Member Feb 6, 2017

Vito B. , Feb 6, 2017 :
    I have a Fossil Q Marshal. I've also made a review in French on my website.

It's a beautifull smartwatch, working well with the OP3T. But it has big flaws like lake of heartrate sensor or one day battery life.

4. atulalvenkar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 6, 2017

5. AnsTDs
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2017

6. Tokolozi
    Marshmallow Feb 6, 2017

Tokolozi , Feb 6, 2017 :
    Its an android wear device so shouldn't be an issue in compatibility. I have a moto 360 gen 1 and it works flawlessly.

7. G_Adrian_Chiu_kyWY
    Froyo Feb 6, 2017

G_Adrian_Chiu_kyWY , Feb 6, 2017 :
    Thanks for all the replys. I will be getting on saturday as a present. Not too fussed about heart rate sensor so should be fine. Ive heard some stuff about notifications not working.... Thats the main thing imo of a smart watch...

8. G_Enoch_Schaffner_cVCT
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2017

G_Enoch_Schaffner_cVCT , Feb 7, 2017 :
    So yeah if you're gonna turn your phone on vibrate on the op3 and still want notifications on your watch, it won't work unless you get an app workaround. By using the alert slider to get to vibrate, it turns off watch notifications meaning that you have to somehow get to vibrate without using the alert slider. The way I got around it was by installing an app called "Event Profiled" and then just making a profile that I use for pretty much everyday use, and it puts the phone on vibrate without having to use do not disturb mode. So as long as you have that workaround, you can have your phone be on vibrate and still get notifications. (I have a fossil q founder, but I'm pretty sure this is a widespread Android wear problem).

mimitoo961 likes this.
  9. jr.pasheko
    Gingerbread Feb 7, 2017

jr.pasheko , Feb 7, 2017 :
    What I do it's install "feel the wear" from Google Play, run it and give it permissions. Then uninstall it. After that I can receive notifications while using vibrate mode. I'm using a ZenWatch 2 btw.

10. TONYTSANG97
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 7, 2017

TONYTSANG97 , Feb 7, 2017 :
    I have a q founder. It works just as with other phones. One thing I noticed I don't have which I do with my LG V20 is remote shutter. Taking pictures from the watch makes it easy to get the shot you want without holding the phone. You can download third party software that does the same thing though. Besides that the fossil watches are great. I very much enjoy my q founder.

11. G_Enoch_Schaffner_cVCT
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2017

G_Enoch_Schaffner_cVCT , Feb 7, 2017 :
    Oh interesting. If anyone else finds any other workarounds, let me know. I'm sure they'd be useful to other people.

12. G_Adrian_Chiu_kyWY
    Froyo Feb 12, 2017

G_Adrian_Chiu_kyWY , Feb 12, 2017 :
    Just an update.... So i have got my fossil q marshal now for 2 days and loving it. Especially as the vibrate on the op3t is sooo poor, it means i dont miss calls or notifications now!

I can confirm all notifications work, sms, whatsapp emails, calls etc when the alert slider is in the vibrate mode.

Adrian

13. brmbjn
    Froyo Feb 13, 2017

14. flappjaxxx
    Froyo Apr 23, 2017

flappjaxxx , Apr 23, 2017 :
    I have a q marshal and it's been great all the way up to the Android wear 2.0 update. Since the 2.0 update, it's been so buggy I returned the watch. Fossil replaced it with a brand new one. Took the 2.0 update and same crap. Flickering screen. Unstable Bluetooth connection with the phone. Very disappointing. Love the look of the watch but the 2.0 update is beyond buggy as hell