AOSPA Discussion

1. RJ Murdok
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2016

RJ Murdok , Jun 9, 2016 :
    As most of you may know, AOSPA was an epic project that unfortunately ended a little over a year ago. I was personally quite torn over this. , simply put, is the best ROM I have ever used.... Well.. They came back!

As it stands, AOSPA is very close to stock Android with a few just tweaks that I genuinely appreciate.

Floating window mode: very useful as you can open up a window from an application in your notifications that essentially floats over whatever app you are in. Its great IG you're watching a video or something like.

Gestures: just like in slim, they can actually he configured.

For now though, those are the onpybtwo things that stand out besides CMTE. I bet they'll add a bit momorin the future.

Here's what makes AOSPA so great now:

CAF optimisations and a custom CAF based kernel. I dare say I prefer the kernel to Intoxicated Boeffla (my own) as it yields great battery life, has a few swell tweaks, and well... Its smooth!

The camera HAL seems like an omprovekejt over OOS as photos arevclearer and have far more quality.. The camera app itself is the best implementation of Snap to date!

Very few applications are available by default which is fantastic if you're like me and like to install everything yourself. Of them a fantastic browser is avilavle by default.

There are caveats though:

1. The ROM boots so fast that on occasion you will see Android is Starting appear before the boot animation is even halfway done.

2. Some CMTE themes cause bootloops

That's really it. Feel free to ask me anything!

#stayparanoid #NeverSettle

mithilmja, royz0r, vsm007 and 8 others like this.
  2. pwseo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2016

pwseo , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Overall the ROM seems pretty good, you're right. I have noticed a few things, though:
    - no support for exFAT (I've been using this with my USB OTG to backup and flash stuff)
    - mobile radio active bug (jesus ******* christ, wasn't this supposed to be gone in 6.0?), but likely there's not much they can do about this
    - CMTE right now isn't good for daily usage
    - no dark mode (which could mitigate the faulty CMTE issue)
    - I liked the QS tiles from OOS or CM13 more: the long-press for advanced settings was very useful instead of simply reordering them
    - there were some more things which I have now forgotten...

On the plus side, I'd like to also mention the very good tri-state key customization options!

I've got to say: damn fast boot time. Never saw my OnePlus X boot this fast!

Without a doubt, this is a ROM to keep your eyes on!

jordann_43 and naa27 like this.
  3. RJ Murdok
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 10, 2016

RJ Murdok , Jun 10, 2016 :
    I'm using this as a dark theme:
    Inversion UI works well. II personally like the new QS but I guess that's just preference.

Best ROM out there to date! That's for sure

Edit: just tried StayStock and it is an even better theme. I think PA may actually be developing a dark theme too from the looks of their post on G+

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016

laurboss and anurag.pv like this.
  4. RJ Murdok

5. Saurabh40629
    Honeycomb Jun 10, 2016

Saurabh40629 , Jun 10, 2016 :
    Yes and ambient display and ability to customize back/recent as menu for long hold. Tried in Buttons, it did not work.

RJ Murdok likes this.
  6. Deactivated User
    Jun 10, 2016

7. RJ Murdok

RJ Murdok , Jun 10, 2016 :
    Working here.

8. tekan12
    Donut Jun 11, 2016

9. Thyco
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2016

Thyco , Jun 11, 2016 :
    Seems to be a bug with icon in the status bar. It shows the same icon for priority and only alarms.

If you change the volume you can see it saying that it is in the correct mode.

At least that is how it works on my phone.

10. tekan12
    Donut Jun 11, 2016

tekan12 , Jun 11, 2016 :
    Conf
    Confirmed, it is a visual bug

11. tekan12
    Donut Jun 11, 2016

tekan12 , Jun 11, 2016 :
    I have posted this on other thread, but

12. JoshBaldassarre
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 11, 2016

JoshBaldassarre , Jun 11, 2016 :
    Hey, I recently flashed the ROM on my op2, but I don't have HAL camera? When I booted I had Snapdragon Camera? And its really bad. Is there a .zip that I can flash or an .apk I can install?

13. JoshBaldassarre

JoshBaldassarre , Jun 11, 2016 :
    Bye, I have a bug where I get constant vibrations when I am in regular notifications mode when I have a notification in the dropdown that I haven't dismissed or I have music playing.
    Anyone else have this?

14. RJ Murdok

RJ Murdok , Jun 11, 2016 :
    A camera HAL isn't a camera app... Sultans HAL is included on the X but the 2 doesn't have a custom one

Joshua_B likes this.
  15. tekan12
    Donut Jun 13, 2016

tekan12 , Jun 13, 2016 :
    It's all good here, regarding notification that is.

16. JoshBaldassarre
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 13, 2016

JoshBaldassarre , Jun 13, 2016 :
    Which ROM did you come from before paranoid?

17. Deactivated User
    Jun 13, 2016

Deactivated User and RJ Murdok like this.
  18. Bounze
    Honeycomb Jun 13, 2016

Bounze , Jun 13, 2016 :
    My current issues with the rom: No FM radio, hdr crashes Built in camera, after switching to some custom icons using a theme they don't switch Back when reapplying Stock theme.

19. RJ Murdok

20. RJ Murdok

RJ Murdok , Jun 13, 2016 :
    I think everyone whom isn't having issues did a clean flash... I at least did and I have yet to have an issue