[APP][Alert Slider] OnePlus ModeSwitcher - Allow vibration on all notifcations

1. GeertBerkers Lollipop Jul 4, 2017

GeertBerkers, Jul 4, 2017 :
    Fellow OnePlus Community Members,

The OnePlus Alert Slider has 3 options.
    1. Silent
    2. Do not disturb
    3. Ring
    I like the Silent and Do not disturb mode ;)
    The only thing I don't like, is the Ring mode. I also want it to vibrate only!
    Sometimes at work, I want notifications which vibrate, instead a sound or completely nothing.

So I made an application with a backgroundservice which changes the Ring mode to Vibrate mode.
    Because it's a backgroundservice, you can close the app. It won't need a lot of power.

When you put it to the Ring mode, it programmatically sets it to vibrate.
    No worries, you can press Volume up, if you want your volume back.

I also included some settings to use the app however you want.

I have been testing this app with @Plenkske and I think it's time to share it with all of you :D

Download:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=geert.berkers.modeswitcher

Problems, bugs or questions:
    When you found any bugs or have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me. (PM me)
    You can send an email through the Google Play Store or post in this thread.

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

2. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 5, 2017

Plenkske, Jul 5, 2017 :
    I have been using this app for a couple of days now and it works perfectly!

idkwhoiam322, pa5t1s, Sun90 and 8 others like this.
  3. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jul 5, 2017

4. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 5, 2017

superplus, Jul 5, 2017 :
    Great stuff @GeertBerkers! This has been bugging me for so long since I only tend to use the silent and vibrate only modes too, and you have come up with a very simple, yet elegant and functional solution! I wish I could give you over 9000 likes! [​IMG] [​IMG]

only been using it since yesterday, but haven't encountered any issues yet either, so pleased [​IMG]
    and thanks to you too for helping Geert test it!

pa5t1s, drmartin, Plenkske and 2 others like this.
  5. G_Mehdi_Chtibi_dZNT Froyo Jul 5, 2017

jtodd98 and LEFEUVRE E-Y like this.
  6. gcocucci Nougat Jul 5, 2017

7. Reivon Choccoli Jelly Bean Moderator Jul 5, 2017

pa5t1s, ssagheer, drmartin and 5 others like this.
  8. LEFEUVRE E-Y Gingerbread Jul 5, 2017

LEFEUVRE E-Y, Jul 5, 2017 :
    I agree !
    @Carl @Adam Krisko I thought you said you listen to the community and try to work together, listen to our suggestions for a better user experience. Since several month, since end of December 2016, a lot of people here ask you to brink back on the alert slider, the vibration AND a "0" sound level on the ring slider mode...
    Don't pass on it please....

9. GeertBerkers Lollipop Jul 5, 2017

GeertBerkers, Jul 5, 2017 :
    Has been a long time ago, but I'm back (for now)

Thanks for these comments, please rate the app 5 stars if you really like it.

I also want to set vibration when user presses volume down, but to implement and test this it will need some more time (I don't have much)

Almost finished my Bachelor, tomorrow is my last presentation. Wish me luck. When I graduate I'll start working and only have extra time in the evenings and weekends...

Personally I hope that OnePlus finally realizes they made some mistakes on their software design.

If you have any requests, please send me a message or tag me.

Current requests :
    • Vibration in Do Not Disturb mode

Rajasankar, pa5t1s, Sun90 and 7 others like this.
  10. hennes Lollipop Jul 6, 2017

hennes, Jul 6, 2017 :
    Thanks for your work, but if you want to have vibration when using silent mode, then tab "Settings"-Button when switching to "Silent Mode" and then check "Enable vibration!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wish you all the best for your last presentation.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017

pa5t1s and inffy like this.
  11. GeertBerkers Lollipop Jul 6, 2017

GeertBerkers, Jul 6, 2017 :
    I know this setting is here. I haven't decided yet what to do.
    Override it or not, but with this app you can use Vibrate, do not disturb and silent.

So it's a bit different than the original settings. I think it's a personal thing to decide what you want yourself.

superplus and Plenkske like this.
  12. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 6, 2017

Plenkske, Jul 6, 2017 :
    Aint nobody got time for that ! :p

Edit:
    Also, it doesnt make sense.
    A lot of users only use vibration all day long, and want to use silent when going to sleep.
    The alert slider is to set your notification modus. Silent, Do Not Disturb(DND), and All . Default android implementation is to be able to change your volume (including vibration) in the DND and All modus. OnePlus decided to block that, and through a setting you can put vibration on but only in silent modus. Vibration != silent. And silent != all notifications.

So, oneplus logic:
    - daily usage: alert slider to top and use setting button to turn vibrate on
    - when going to sleep: switch alert slider a position and back to top, use setting button to turn vibrate off.

Normal logic:
    - daily usage: alert slider all the way down for all notifications and sound is put on vibrate (because thats your default)
    - when going to sleep: alert slider all the way up for silent modus

@GeertBerkers brought back the normal logic with this simple app ! :D
    Install it, start it once and if you want change some simple settings. Done, normal logic is back in action !

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017

13. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Jul 6, 2017

camohan, Jul 6, 2017 :
    Awesome, looking at the responses I am keen to check this out. I will be recommending your app to my friends in India.

Sun90 and Plenkske like this.
  14. LEFEUVRE E-Y Gingerbread Jul 6, 2017

jtodd98 likes this.
  15. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 6, 2017

superplus, Jul 6, 2017 :
    welcome back and the best of luck for tomorrow!
    one thing, it's really hard to find your app, I have to use the link the whole time, but maybe that might improve as you get more ratings?

16. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Jul 6, 2017

camohan, Jul 6, 2017 :
    Yes it's too hard to search. Your other app was visible but not this. I think it's no of downloads that count

17. hennes Lollipop Jul 6, 2017

hennes, Jul 6, 2017 :
    Ok, I was too stupid to understand it, but the magic words were "vibration all day long".
    Thanks for the information. This is a scenario I have never needed. But that you can not only adjust vibration, is probably due to the fact that you can not make the sound quite quiet.
    Thanks.
    And just for the info, I never wanted to make the app bad, and certainly not the developer, I develop apps myself, therefore, my objection, because I simply have not seen that there are people who always want to use only vibration because for me it is a phone, and a phone should ring most of the time. So please excuse my previous misunderstanding!

Plenkske likes this.
  18. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 6, 2017

Plenkske, Jul 6, 2017 :
    No worries ! Never thought you did, I only over - clarified the situation haha ;)

Hmm, isn't that the same thing as put your slider to the top (silent) position ?

19. GeertBerkers Lollipop Jul 6, 2017

GeertBerkers, Jul 6, 2017 :
    I have to do some research for this, but when I found out, I'll let you know
    I selected it for OnePlus Devices only.
    I will find some more information, maybe I can get it up higer in the search results.

LEFEUVRE E-Y and superplus like this.
  20. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 6, 2017

superplus, Jul 6, 2017 :
    Hmm, well I've only searched for it on a OnePlus device so far, hope you can manage to get it higher up somehow indeed :)