App can't create sms

1. saflogic Cupcake Jun 2, 2019

saflogic, Jun 2, 2019 :
    I have a banking app which, as part of the validation process, automatically opens the sms app and creates an sms message with the required recipient phone number added and with a validation code as the text. I just need to send the text message without modifying it. I have an old OP3 and now a shiny new OP7 Pro.

On the OP3 the validation procedure works fine. On the OP7 pro it does not work; the banking app opens the sms app and adds the recipient phone number, but it fails to add any text. It is creating a blank text message.

The banking app settings and permissions in both the op3 and the op7 pro are the same, the messaging app is the same and the Android verion is the same (the OP3 is updated to Pie.) Does anyone have any idea what is blocking the banking app from creating the sms text in the OP7 Pro?

2. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 2, 2019

3. saflogic Cupcake Jun 2, 2019

saflogic, Jun 2, 2019 :
    Tried that. Both stock messages and QKSMS. Still doesn't work on the OP7Pro, but fine on the OP3.

4. saflogic Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

saflogic, Jun 18, 2019 :
    Well now I have the same thing with a different banking app. Revolut has an option to invite friends. The app opens your contact list and should create an sms to send to those that you choose. It doesn't work. It can't create the text. If you add some text and send it, it fails to send.

Normal sms sending is fine. This seems like a bug. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

5. Reworker71 Froyo Jun 18, 2019

Reworker71, Jun 18, 2019 :
    Could potentially be an issue with the SMS character set. Normally this is set to automatic, but there are options for GSM alphabet and unicode.

My Oneplus 7 Pro has been returned for replacement due to cosmetic issues, otherwise as a Revolut user I would have tried to recreate this issue.

6. saflogic Cupcake Jun 18, 2019