[APP] Custom Slider - Root & Xposed required

1. madhavvg
    Donut Aug 4, 2016

madhavvg , Aug 4, 2016 :
    @Weathon , I think its high time you add this app in the Google Play Store.., Since The only app available there 'Vibrate Mode' isn't working as expected and there is not much Dev Support as per people comments.
    Your app is flawless when compared to that. Time to cater for wider audience and get famous :)

2. theraylam
    Eclair Aug 4, 2016

theraylam , Aug 4, 2016 :
    Thanks for this very useful app @Weathon, I already use AutomateIt and didn't want to install Tasker too. This gave me a chance to modify the Alert Slider.

I have 2 questions:

1) When using this, Do Not Disturb auto-setting doesn't work? Didn't seem to work for me.
    2) I think the settings are Top = Ring, Middle = Vibrate, Bottom = Silent? I had it on Bottom but was still getting sound from Facebook Messenger. When I checked the volume on the phone it wasn't set to 0.

3. Weathon
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2016

Weathon , Aug 4, 2016 :
    @madhavg105 haha nice, needed to laugh :D If it would work really perfectly i would maybe do it. Anyway i dont have a Google Play Developer account (yet), and it costs 25$. I wanna wait if i can customize the slider more, if so, ill create an account for me.
    @theraylam
    1) what is DND auto-setting, i dont know that?
    2) The settings are Top=silent, mid=ringer, bottom=Ring,
    so under Bottom each notification will be loud, or the volume you set it, including facebook, ringing and so on.

If you have further questions feel free to ask

theraylam likes this.
  4. theraylam
    Eclair Aug 4, 2016

That's odd. On my phone, Top = Ring, Middle = Vibrate, Bottom = Silent.

In the phone you can set the time when Do Not Disturb automatically turns on. The app seems to override those settings so my Do Not Disturb did not turn on last night.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016

5. Weathon
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2016

6. theraylam
    Eclair Aug 4, 2016

OnePlus 3 and AICP, sorry should've mentioned that. I understand you've only tested this with OOS. I'm not too concerned about the Slider positions as long as they work.

But curious about Do Not Disturb, have you come across the conflict?

7. Weathon
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2016

Weathon , Aug 4, 2016 :
    @theraylam
    Okay that explains everything.
    The slider positions are reversed due to the OS i guess. I dont have the os, and i really have troubles to maintain this app just for OOS so im sorry i cant help you with the problem that Whatsapp is still loud while on silent.
    To DND: In OOS, there are no conflicts with DND, because there is no automatic DND. Due to the alert slider, they deactivated the automatic dnd, therfore it seems that my app overwrites your settings. The same as above applies here, i simply dont have the time to adjust the app in that way, because in OOS the problem is not present :/

I hope you will find an app that provides what you want soon :/

theraylam likes this.
  8. theraylam
    Eclair Aug 4, 2016

@Weathon No problem! Just glad to understand why it's happening so I can work around it! Thank you so much for everything!!

Weathon likes this.
  9. dhanurdhar
    Donut Aug 5, 2016

dhanurdhar , Aug 5, 2016 :
    bought the OP3 yesterdy. After being on samsung for 6 years this is one feature i couldnt do without.
    Thanks for makng this. used the first link and so far works perfectly.

My question is if after installing if i change my permissions to not download from untrusted sources will it affect the app in any way.

Thanks in advance

Weathon likes this.
  10. pas-pas
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2016

pas-pas , Aug 5, 2016 :
    Nop. Return to not allow trusted sources option only affects in the way you want to install apk you're downloading. But in this case, you just installed it.

dhanurdhar, Weathon and srlawren like this.
  11. Weathon
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2016

Weathon , Aug 6, 2016 :
    Okay guys!
    I need your help now.
    I'm currently working on an xposed module that customizes the alert slider.
    Just as a POC (proof of concept), i tried reversing the slider, setting mode to vibrate only, starting flashlight & airplane mode and all of that worked (first xposed module and second android app btw, so dont expect it bug free from the start)!

Please tell me what else you want so i can provide what you guys want.

Be aware that this new app will only run on rooted phones with xposed installed.
    I switched the way of how i do this, because i dont see any options how to improve the tasker app.
    It seems i came to the restrictions of tasker.
    Anyway i guess its not that a big problem, rooting & flashing is just too easy for OP phones.

So please help me guys to help you. Tell me what customization you want! :)

@SOVANM you mentioned you wanna customize it more. What options you want?
    @pas-pas you supported me since the start, got some ideas?

12. kandan26
    Froyo Aug 6, 2016

13. pas-pas
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2016

pas-pas , Aug 6, 2016 :
    Ok, i'll think about it and try to explain me because english is not my first language ;-). I have some ideas.

It's a good idea to make bigger your Tasker app and give it more functionality through a Xposed module. Also, combined it with Tasker, your new Xposed app would potentially be the best allowing different configurations depending on different scenarios each user can need.

14. hawgwild
    Eclair Aug 7, 2016

hawgwild , Aug 7, 2016 :
    Wheaton, just imported the tasker xml. Can you tell me what profile is active in the upper position? I'm asking because no profile turn green when I push the slider up. It also reads "No active profiles" in the notifications.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016

15. Weathon
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2016

Weathon , Aug 8, 2016 :
    @pas-pas
    Right now, i stopped doing the work with tasker - i created an app of my own, which is a xposed module.
    Maybe later on i will do a tasker plugin, but not sure if it's useful. The user is very limited anyway (like you cant toggle settings in tasker and so on)

@hawgwild btw its Weathon (yea i know thats not the correct spelling, anyway i decided that this is my username :D)
    I dont need any profile for the upper position, i keep that as it is. But if you need one, just set it to Variable State, %INTERRUPT% eq none

Okay guys i have the first alpha state of my new app (requires root & xposed).
    would be awesome if someone can try it out, its designed for OP3 and OOS, but maybe also working for other devices/OS.

Currently it supports the following customization/modes (top to bottom):
    • SILENT_PRIORITY_RING (default behaviour)
    • SILENT_VIBRATE_RING (default but vibrate instead of priority)
    • RING_PRIORITY_SILENT (reversed default)
    • RING_VIBRATE_SILENT (reversed default, but vibrate instead of priority)
    • FLASHLIGHT_DISABLE_AIRPLANE (dont change notification modes! going to upper position will activate flashlight, going to middle again deactivates it. same for airplane mode but bottom position.)
    • AIRPLANE_DISABLE_FLASHLIGHT (reversed FLASHLIGHT_DISABLE_AIRPLANE)
    Additionally the toast messages when switching slider can be deactivated.

Note: FLASHLIGHT_DISABLE_AIRPLANE && AIRPLANE_DISABLE_FLASHLIGHT will currently set the notification mode always to ALL. Tell me if this is a problem. Also changing directly from top to bottom will not deactivate the previous one, so this is a way to use flashlight and stay in flightmode e.g.

Download Link:

Tell me what else you want, what can be done better etc.
    At the moment i dont plan to make it fully customizable (select an action for each position), because i need to handle EACH combination on its own, so i try just to do useful ones. When toggling mobile data and wifi is possible, i can do the full customization for each of these settings, but its not really possible for the notification modes, because every combination there, is different. (if you see a way, tell me!)

tbone03 likes this.
  16. rishabhsri20
    Eclair Aug 8, 2016

rishabhsri20 , Aug 8, 2016 :

17. rishabhsri20
    Eclair Aug 8, 2016

rishabhsri20 , Aug 8, 2016 :
    awesome man. u nailed it.

18. tbone03
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2016

tbone03 , Aug 8, 2016 :
    Just installed the xposed module and it seems to do exactly what I want! Using ring-vibrate-none and removed the toast. Thank you!

Weathon likes this.
  19. muhdariff
    Froyo Aug 8, 2016

muhdariff , Aug 8, 2016 :
    Just installed this and using the Ring-Vibrate-Silent with hidden toast messages and it works like a charm.
    Great work man!

I have one request: Is it possible to include an option to hide the app icon? Like it's accessible through the Xposed app.

Weathon likes this.
  20. Weathon
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2016

Weathon , Aug 8, 2016 :
    @tbone03 @muhdariff
    Im happy that it works so nice :)
    Its just a really really alpha state, but it seems to be quite stable :)
    Maybe you can also try the other states and confirm that they work ? :)
    I will look into hiding it, ofc its possible with a launcher like nova (which i use), but i will have a look if its also possible to add an option :)