app icon animation

1. sahilrohra
    Donut Dec 6, 2017

sahilrohra , Dec 6, 2017 :
    like miui 9 app icon animation now a days its looks good its just small thing but noitceable diffrence while using

solojay likes this.
  2. cssrc1974
    Jelly Bean Dec 7, 2017

3. F_Sagar_Sharma_TloF
    Gingerbread Dec 7, 2017

4. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Dec 7, 2017

JelleZon and GeekOnTheHill like this.
  5. sahilrohra
    Donut Dec 7, 2017

sahilrohra , Dec 7, 2017 :
    its not bloat its look gud i already used miui 9 i think u didnt used miui 9 first use that then tell bro we have 6 gb and 8 gb ram so what the use of it...

solojay likes this.
  6. MJ_Vikram
    KitKat Dec 7, 2017

MJ_Vikram , Dec 7, 2017 :
    update the feedback forum.. with you request.

solojay and sahilrohra like this.
  7. G_Mister_thakur_WmDP
    Gingerbread Dec 7, 2017

8. sahilrohra
    Donut Dec 7, 2017

sahilrohra , Dec 7, 2017 :
    i also dont like miui but just take certain idea its just app icon animation nothing else when u use that its looks good

9. solojay
    Eclair Feb 25, 2020

solojay , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Feb 25, 2020 :
    I think it's not a bloat, small things matters a lot.
    Apart from miui even OnePlus had that kind of animation and cooler than miui.
    For airplane toggle button they had this animation of airplane taking off and landing down. I think it's good.

For a moment we take apple into consideration, it has a lot of good animation e.g. Bouncing notification shade, toggle switch in setting menu, dancing app icons while changing their orders etc.

UI and animation does matter a lot actually.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020

10. GeekOnTheHill
    Honeycomb Feb 25, 2020

GeekOnTheHill , Feb 25, 2020 :
    Not to waste processor cycles and RAM creating useless animations.

When I want animations, I go here.

Richard

solojay likes this.
  11. solojay
    Eclair Feb 25, 2020

I think OnePlus provides 8-12 gb ram and if you've one of this device which i assume you do then please go to settings and check your ram usage.

I've 8gb ram varient, its been more then 6 months and I've never seen ram usage of more then 5gb in 99% of the time.

And ya for the processor part my friend, as an IT professional i can say that its good enough to process such a small animation task and it won't affect other processes.

So yeah it's indeed waste of processor, ram, computational power and your money if your not even using it.

12. solojay
    Eclair Feb 25, 2020

yeah it's indeed waste of processor, ram, computational power and your money if your not even using it.

13. GeekOnTheHill
    Honeycomb Feb 25, 2020

That kind of thinking is why the subjective user experience when using a modern computer with an i7-8086K running Windows 10 is no faster than that of an i486 running Windows 95.

Richard

solojay likes this.
  14. solojay
    Eclair Feb 25, 2020

15. solojay
    Eclair Feb 25, 2020

16. solojay
    Eclair Feb 25, 2020

Windows 10 on i7 8th gen and Windows older versions on older processors is completely different scenario my friend.

If you've even check the boot up services and task manager process lists on windows 10, you must have seen there are tons of unnecessary things loaded up including corona and Microsoft app store. Where we already have access to lots of other standard softwares for the replacement of it.
    For example old windows image viewer and 3rd party Picasa is good enough to do the work and performing well enough rather then new one, which is even buggy. And ya windows 10 can be fast enough if you remove things and lighten it up.

Windows 10 is not slower because of its animations. It's slower because of its bolts (unnecessary softwares).

Bloats are unnecessary softwares which consume your ram.

And my friend icon animation is definitely not a software.

17. solojay
    Eclair Feb 25, 2020

18. GeekOnTheHill
    Honeycomb Feb 25, 2020

The thinking, however, is exactly the same: "Wow, we have all these resources! Let's waste them doing useless, silly shit!"

By the way, I'd already been in IT for 19 years when Win95 came out.

Richard

solojay likes this.
  19. solojay
    Eclair Feb 26, 2020

20. solojay
    Eclair Feb 26, 2020

solojay , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Feb 26, 2020 :
    Good to here that. Not having enough of resources and wasting it is an issue. But having it and not using it it's kida of silly.

It sounds like you've 3 bedrooms house and using only 2 of them only because you think it's a waste of using it. :D

GeekOnTheHill likes this.