App Permissions screen in settings closes multiple anti virus show clean

1. davebste
    Eclair Dec 29, 2016

davebste , Dec 29, 2016 :
    I have a 3t. Most recent oxygen. If I open apps from the settings screen it closes back to the settings screen. I've ran multiple anti-virus and it shows clean.

2. marcopar
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2016

3. davebste
    Eclair Dec 29, 2016

I could not get into the app screen long enough to do anything to any app. I checked the most recent installed apps and started ripping them out. I unfortunately did not do it one at a time but I am guessing at least one of them needs reported to Google. Most were Mechanical and Electrical engineering terms, formulas and calculators.

4. davebste
    Eclair Dec 29, 2016

If there is a way to clear the data of a specific app or force stop from outside the settings/applications screen I would like to know. I did not want to wipe my phone and restore it. I did manage to get it working. I will just monitor my traffic to make sure nothing was left behind. I did try multiple anti-virus programs and have Lookout Premium. None of the programs found anything. I will monitor my traffic regardless.

5. marcopar
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2016

6. marcopar
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2016

marcopar , Dec 29, 2016 :
    or maybe install something like
    appmgr iii
    or similar

select to show system app and open info for the settings app

from appmgr you can also clear the cache of all apps at once, that may help aldo