App usage - memory // Nord n100 // Oxygen OS 10.5.6.BE83BA

1. ChriStefan
    Froyo Jan 20, 2021

ChriStefan , Jan 20, 2021 :
    Hello to all,

I know we have a low entry level phone and only 4GB Ram, but I thought the OS would be better optimized for daily usage.

I've tried all possible ways to make it work on mine usage but it keeps killing apps or tabs.

My daily usage= 1. Chrome app with one tab running a web app that should not reload. 2. Phone. 3. Google calendar 4. Gmail app and maybe 5. sms app. With battery optimization turned off.

Disabled the: Google app, assistant, duo, play movies & TV.

Settings off: Ram boost.

The phone is fast enough. But on my usage it usually reload the opened chrome tab, calender app at 50% and phone app at 80% of the time.

I did flash the cached storage of apps (from boot), enabling development mode to see if there is something unusual... Available free memory usually at 1GB!

Do you experience the same annoying thing? Should I file a bug?

Any ideas will be much appreciated or thoughts for better app usage.

Take care and stay safe 👍

2. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Feb 9, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 9, 2021 :
    Try to Optimize the phone, this helps with memory, Lag, Freezing, Heat, Battery Drain and much more.

Clear your recent apps, also set 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 & A 11 have their own learning curve.

After a couple of days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

ChriStefan likes this.