[APP] YaImCo - Yet another Image Compressor

1. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Mar 7, 2019

cdnfarmer , Mar 7, 2019 :
    great idea @buntycubal. I like how the logo fits in with the text.

this is really nice

Wow @hennes these are awesome!!!!
    I like these ones the best. It's good the way you proposed it... The darker banner. Font is clean and good. Just one consideration (not sure it would work): what about having the squares tucked in with the name as suggested by @buntycubal above ? Note it's just a thought. Like previously said, I think they are great as proposed.

Another question with this approach, what would the watermark look like?

Anyways great job. I think that this is wonderful.

from these initial suggestions I like 1 then 3. However for 3, i would suggest that the name should be more prominent. Number 4 is good but @Bouncer71 made a very good point with the lines and I wonder why is one box separate from the other?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019

otto2, hennes, Shivang Joshi and 3 others like this.
  2. puma95
    Jelly Bean Moderator Mar 8, 2019

puma95 , Mar 8, 2019 :
    @hennes thanks for tagging and sorry for the late reply, currently I just can't keep up so fast :(
    Anyway, I'd love to design something for you unfortunately I really barely have free time nowadays but I'll try to think of something soon!
    For now, the simpler the design the better so how about more solid colors instead of stripes!
    For coloring, I saw you preferred this greenish color, if you are still into that, have a look into the color pallete of Google's material design and you might find something you can relate to, due to the material color it will fit better the overall Android design.
    For the logo, I'd try to limit it to something you can squeeze in a square and balance that out instead having it too wide as it is now. Maybe you have some alternate logo design ideas and together we could think of something interesting!

I'll try to keep an eye on here and will try to get into contact asap!

3. hennes
    YaImCo Developer Mar 8, 2019

hennes , Mar 8, 2019 :
    The short story about the app is actually that I made it for a few people (round about 15 persons) here in the forum. I found it annoying that the apps that exist could only compress one image at a time, so I just wrote it myself, it just came into being without much emphasis on design, and I added one or the other function on request. But since more and more people are uploading mutilated pictures, I thought they should use the app, because OnePlus didn't really integrate anything into the community app here, which also works properly. So I made it more widely known, but only here in the forum.

That's why it wasn't important what it looks like, much more it should do what's important, compress.

But now I'm rewriting it completely, and I thought i should change the design a bit, because some people thought it would look old-fashioned.

Thanks a lot for your input, take your time, there's no hurry, I don't have a lot of time either, just do it in my spare time, but I would be happy if you could contribute some ideas.

4. KARTH33K_onePlus
    Donut Mar 13, 2019

hennes likes this.
  5. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Mar 13, 2019

Dresa91 , Mar 13, 2019 :
    read the first post...

otto2, Shivang Joshi and hennes like this.
  6. NamaniHarish33
    Donut Mar 13, 2019

hennes likes this.
  7. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Mar 13, 2019 :
    Yeah. read the first post of this thread. there you get to know how to download the app

otto2, Shivang Joshi and hennes like this.
  8. NamaniHarish33
    Donut Mar 13, 2019

NamaniHarish33 , Mar 13, 2019 :
    I've tried solving the puzzle, got stuck at last spoiler

hennes likes this.
  9. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Mar 13, 2019 :
    What is your solution??

Shivang Joshi and hennes like this.
  10. NamaniHarish33
    Donut Mar 13, 2019

hennes likes this.
  11. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Mar 13, 2019

12. Kalle81
    KitKat Mar 13, 2019

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019

13. VickyFalco
    Donut Mar 14, 2019

hennes and buntycubal like this.
  14. buntycubal
    User of the Year 2017 Mar 15, 2019

buntycubal , Mar 15, 2019 :
    Open this thread by using browser , on first page you'll find a puzzle , solve it step by step & you're good to go..

15. VickyFalco
    Donut Mar 15, 2019

VickyFalco , Mar 15, 2019 :
    solved the puzzle, but the file is not available.

hennes likes this.
  16. hennes
    YaImCo Developer Mar 15, 2019

hennes , Mar 15, 2019 :
    Sorry, I just flew halfway around the world on business, hence the delay.
    You got a PM. ;)

Have fun.

17. VickyFalco
    Donut Mar 15, 2019

otto2, hennes and TibiTibi like this.
  18. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Mar 18, 2019

woSch, Shivang Joshi, otto2 and 2 others like this.
  19. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Mar 18, 2019

Dresa91 , Mar 18, 2019 :
    DM:)

Shivang Joshi, otto2 and hennes like this.
  20. hennes
    YaImCo Developer Mar 18, 2019

hennes , Mar 18, 2019 :
    PM is on the way.... but i think i'm to late... if @Dresa91 answer with DM means the same like my PM ;)