Appalling Customer Service via OnePlus Community App

1. New2Oneplus11 , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Oneplus have to be the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

They breach their own Terms and conditions when trying to get a refund for a faulty phone despite one failed repair.

Their own Terms and conditions at point 10.7 and 10.8 state I can have a refund and 10.8 states my legal statutory rights are not affected.
    Total BS.

They ignore the 2015 Consumer rights Act (UK legislation), which states I'm entitled to a full refund.

I've sent in access of 60 emails. They just ignore me now.

They should change their tag line to Never Settle for such a crap company. I'm left with a very expensive piece of plastic I can't use.

If they carry on like this then I can see customers leaving in their droves. Just have a look at all the 1* review's on Trusted Pilot.

2. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jan 27, 2021

Best Answer
    superplus , Jan 27, 2021 :
    I can't say for certain of course that this is causing it, but I have seen a number of reports on the forums to this effect. In fact all users who posted about this said the problem disappeared when they stopped using these cases, with one user saying it was only an issue with a case which had four magnets (two each on the top and bottom), and it wasn't an issue anymore when they switched to a case which had just two.

Please have a look at this thread and the posts I linked to therein:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/3rd-party-cases-for-8-pro-major-issue.1238995/

Perhaps you could try using the phone in a safe situation without (closing) the case for a few hours and see if the problem still occurs?

3. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Jan 27, 2021

Liehjan , Jan 27, 2021 :
    When did you buy the device, is it still inside the return window?

4. Cervantes
    Moderator Moderator Jan 27, 2021

Cervantes , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Hi
    comment what is the problem you have is the basics

5. New2Oneplus11 , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Thats the main issue. The 15 day return window is if you change your mind. The fault occurred 6wks after delivery so I'm out of the 30day statutory rights return window. UK legislation states that if a fault occurs after 30days but within 6mths then I must allow Oneplus 1 attempt at a repair. If the repair fails then I'm entitled to a full refund. This is UK legislation. The 1+ own Terms and conditions under the return replacement states that I can have a refund after 30days but they just continually ignore everything.

This is the first and last time I will ever but a 1+ phone

7. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Jan 27, 2021

Liehjan , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Have you sent in your phone for that 1 repair attempt? If so do you know what they did to the device?

8. New2Oneplus11 , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 27, 2021 :
    It's been sent for a repair. They just said they had updated the software and it was fixed. Got the phone back and it went to vibrate 4 times in 30 mins

9. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jan 27, 2021

superplus , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Are you using a flip case with a magnetic closure by any chance?

11. New2Oneplus11 , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Many thanks for this 👍

superplus likes this.