Apple Event - 2019 | iPhone 11 and everything else!

1. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Sep 11, 2019

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Sep 11, 2019 :
    I can play high graphic games without lags and stutters. People using the best of 2019 Android phones still complain about lags after using the device for sometime. Also, video recording on iPhone is still better than that on Android flagships. Basically, any processor intensive task is accomplished better on the iPhone.

Looks are subjective. The waterdrop/ teardrop notch is the ugliest implementation in my opinion.

Starcommander and YRJ like this.
  2. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 11, 2019

youbi , Sep 11, 2019 :
    Can you point out some of those games? Haven't really noticed it.

This is a thing that its always hard to find a proper metric to judge it (besides the personal tastes). But if we try to look to the numbers from DXOmark, that are mostly accepted nowadays for having built a metric to judge that. We see that the iphone 7 did great on video vs the devices of 2017. But we are in 2019 now, and the score of 84 it got in video is looking way less of what most android flagships offer nowadays. :)

Yep, totally truth, but in terms of notch I think the general feeling tends to be that size does matter, and they want it as small as possible. :D :p

Baymax, L1522915449707 and YRJ like this.
  3. Georgeoneplus7pro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 11, 2019

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019

L1522915449707, Starcommander and YRJ like this.
  4. Arsh2234
    Eclair Sep 12, 2019

L1522915449707 and YRJ like this.
  5. nirajbhusal
    Gingerbread Sep 12, 2019

6. YRJ
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2019

YRJ , Sep 12, 2019 :
    As for the watch is concerned, it's a long wait :p

7. Starcommander
    KitKat Sep 12, 2019

YRJ likes this.
  8. YRJ
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2019

9. GANAPATHI SUBRAMANYAM J
    Eclair Sep 12, 2019

YRJ likes this.
  10. AlinkeelPraveen
    Honeycomb Sep 12, 2019

YRJ likes this.
  11. YRJ
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2019

YRJ , Sep 12, 2019 :
    I guess there was an attempt but it was scrapped off eventually.
    Not sure of smart watches but maybe OnePlus will have a smart band. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. YRJ
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2019

YRJ , Sep 12, 2019 :
    Thanks!

Apple gets iPad's right, they have been making them forever and selling well too. Samsung tried tabs, it still is making them but it isn't as popular as the one's Apple makes.
    I myself use an iPad over galaxy tabs.

The market for tablets is small and that has already been acquired by apple

Discostu and AlinkeelPraveen like this.
  13. AlinkeelPraveen
    Honeycomb Sep 12, 2019

AlinkeelPraveen , Sep 12, 2019 :
    oh kk.. IPAD is so costly. I'm an artist. With the IPAD they don't give a stylus. Now buy that too. Key board also I suppose is an additional accessory. All summing up to a huge sum.. So I have kept a check to the desire.

YRJ and G_plusone like this.
  14. rahulchaks
    Honeycomb Sep 12, 2019

rahulchaks , Sep 12, 2019 :
    I watched it as a tech enthusiast, but was disappointed. The presentation by Tim Cook was not up to the mark. And, most importantly those can't be called innovations.... It was mainly about cameras, that frosted back glass, and A13 Bionic..... Same design, no modification to face id to shorten the big fat notch.... Those are expensive pieces of flaunt items for a set of people..... And a person spending that much will most likely have an excellent quality dslr.... I would prefer to invest in DSLR lenses than on a phone..... After all it's still a tiny sensor for occasional mobile shots...... The colours are really nice....... I feel this is the first time Apple openly compared with android phones (note 10+, p30, and pixel 3) (with exynos/snapdragon, kirin, and old snapdragon).... I may be wrong..... One thing is clear that true innovations presently take place in Android world.......

AlinkeelPraveen and YRJ like this.
  15. NiTiNDHiMaN
    Eclair Sep 12, 2019

suraj1595 likes this.
  16. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Sep 12, 2019

Discostu , Sep 12, 2019 :
    I've often thought of buying an iPad however because I am entrenched in the Android ecosystem I have always gone with Samsung (or nexus in the past!)

What are your views on the latest iPad announced compared to the Tab S6?

YRJ likes this.
  17. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Sep 12, 2019

Discostu , Sep 12, 2019 :
    Tech sub-forum. Anything and everything tech goes!

YRJ likes this.
  18. YRJ
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2019

YRJ , Sep 12, 2019 :
    I've always been of the thought that Apple is good at iPads. The experience is great!
    I had my first Samsung galaxy tab s in 2014, but I had the iPad even before that. Being used to the iPad it was not the same!

Now with the Samsung galaxy tab S6 the compitetion is tough, no doubt samsung has made a great tab with the S-Pen included, an Amoled panel and one UI.
    [BUT] the iPad has now it's it' iPadOS. I did not have a problem with the software but it's much better now, With better multi-tasking capabilities.
    Also, iPad has better optimisations for a great amount of apps, whereas the same cannot be said for the Samsung tab S6.

For Android users, Galaxy tab feels like you're at home. But the iPad has better performance, better speakers and the best battery life across various tablets in the industry. The iPad's IPS display which should be a downside actually works in its favour, it's nice to see how LCD panels have evolved over the years.

I might be a bit biased here but, generally speaking, the iPad comes out as a winner.

AlinkeelPraveen and Discostu like this.
  19. YRJ
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2019

YRJ , Sep 12, 2019 :
    I don't know what you are seeing, but this thread is clearly an overview/summary of the Apple event held on 10th September. (period)

You can read and share your thoughts on what you think of the products and services that were announced.
    This is a community forum and I am a user such as yourself. This is not an ad but a discussion.

AlinkeelPraveen and Discostu like this.
  20. PrisleyS
    Froyo Sep 12, 2019

AlinkeelPraveen and YRJ like this.