Apple "Facts"

1. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 20, 2017

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , May 20, 2017 :
    no one is claiming to be fail-proof, hack-proof, flaw-proof, etc.

again, the mobile OSes today, all 3 of them, are pretty secure and you hardly need to worry if you don't tamper with default security settings.

if people make mistakes, they shouldn't blame the companies for it.

every company is part of the learning process, and when they identify a flaw (sometimes when it is exploited), they fix it. the sooner they do, better for them.

people often tend to make a mountain out of a mole hill when a great company makes mistakes. same with great sportspersons.

as they say in body building, you are judged by your weaknesses as opposed to your strengths!

2. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 20, 2017

I am a follower, but not a blind one. not a fanboy either.
    like to judge a product by it's strengths and weaknesses and have a neutral opinion.

again, you are always in the best position to judge a product only when you have first hand experience. reading and hearing opinions alone don't give you the complete picture.

ishubhu4 likes this.
  3. dj4800
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 20, 2017

4. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 20, 2017

yes they do. but that won't take away the strengths of their products.

again, as any company, they make products for their target market, who are prepared to pay that price as they value those strengths.

5. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 20, 2017

G_plusone , May 20, 2017 :
    Nothing is hack proof.
    Not a bodybuilder

6. scibur314r8t
    Eclair May 20, 2017

scibur314r8t , May 20, 2017 :
    I still have my backers edition of the one plus before the invitations went out used to follow the forum's but never cared to make a account...my name along with the other backers are engraved in the ceramic tiles over in oppos office , kinda a nice ego boast

7. dj4800

dj4800 , May 20, 2017 :
    Dude you are posting this post where strong fans who are protective about OP are present.. Apple strength agreed, i myself am using Apple products too.. but in this community we are somewhat possessive anout 3T : p

8. maheshzx
    Gingerbread May 20, 2017

maheshzx , May 20, 2017 :
    People choose a device based on their requirements,you chose apple, we chose one plus.
    Now stop brain washing everyone that 'X' is better than 'Y'.

9. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 20, 2017

the only thing I said is X is good.
    saying X is good is not the same as saying X is better than Y.
    just like you, many here too thought the same.
    in any case, while that wasn't what I said anywhere, it wouldn't be wrong to say that either, especially in this case.

10. Spinosaurus

Spinosaurus , May 20, 2017 :
    I'm sorry guys, I like you both, but really now? Are we being paid by OnePlus to defend it like our lives depended on it? If we're upset about an Apple fanboy defending Apple, and we want to fight fire with fire, where does that leave us?

You have to remember that you are only volunteering to respond to these posts. I can literally smell your frustration just from your posts. What's even the point of it? You don't respond to them, and they'll go away.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." ~ Mark Twain.

Really?

It wasn't like people here were waiting for your response. You could've just left.

P.S. I miss you.

P.S.S. How and why did you both get the D-bag tag?

Sun90 and Heisenberg_009 like this.
  11. DrAakash
    Jelly Bean May 20, 2017

DrAakash , May 20, 2017 :
    Do you think i care about people waiting for my replies? I was going out and i said that, there's nothing to read between the lines here.
    And the tag is a voluntary thing.

Sun90 likes this.
  12. Apath3x
    Donut May 20, 2017

Apath3x , May 20, 2017 :
    "quality products"

Not build wise apparently.

Also price to performance ratio is horrible

13. Spinosaurus

And who do you think cared about your gf or you going out? If you didn't care, you wouldn't have said it. Either you care that people wait or that you want people to wait. Or a hubris that assumes that people care. Which is pertinent, you decide. There's no reading between the lines. It's literally just reading THE lines that you put out there.

Sun90 likes this.
  14. Radeon962
    KitKat May 20, 2017

Radeon962 , May 20, 2017 :
    Apple must be doing something right....

The iPhone generates more revenue in 3 months than Android has in its entire existence

https://www.google.com/amp/bgr.com/2016/01/22/iphone-vs-android-revenue-comparison/amp/

Even for app developers it makes more sense to concentrate on iOS....

iOS torches Android when it comes to developer profits

https://www.google.com/amp/bgr.com/...developers-profits-app-store-google-play/amp/

Samsung is really the only competition for Apple.

Android Dominates Market Share, But Apple Makes All The Money

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...rket-share-but-apple-makes-all-the-money/amp/

From the Forbes article, if you don't like to read...

The cause of the discrepancy between market share and profit lies in the second half of the IDC market share statement about Android. It turns out that two thirds of the devices that make up Android’s 81 percent market share are cheap “junk phones”. The remainder is primarily Samsung, which makes up 39.9 percent of the total Android devices shipped.

My $0.02...

OnePlus would be wise to follow the Apple model and shoot for premium devices with high profit margins as the low and mid end of Android is dominated by phones with no profit and/or companies losing money. You can only survive for so long losing money or just scraping by.

We don't want to hear that but even Google changed their model to high end premium phones with prices to match. OnePlus may follow suit to avoid being just another Android phone company that gets eaten alive trying to compete with low prices.

15. AaronStark171

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  16. DrAakash
    Jelly Bean May 20, 2017

And the reason behind you excavating this thread and trying to be the resident psychologist is?? Nobody else even noticed, and neither did i expect anyone to. There's no hubris or vanity here, having a girlfriend or going out isn't exactly an achievement. Not really sure what is it that you're trying to correct here..

Sun90 likes this.
  17. Albin1887
    Froyo May 20, 2017

Albin1887 , May 20, 2017 :
    I love Apple and iOS, but I also love Google and Android. I respect what they both have to offer, and of coarse they both have their pros and cons. I flip between iPhone and Android constantly. Android freedom is always what I come running back to, yet the simplicity and fluidity of iOS brings be back too. I wish I could have a phone that could Dual boot iOS and Android. [e]1f625[/e] Ugh..... Tough life.

18. Spinosaurus

Me excavating this thread? I think you handled that pretty well all by yourself. What was your reason to behave like you're the alpha male around here on this thread when the thread was based on a person's opinion? So, you think only your opinions are valid and just because someone else's are different, they somehow become invalid? You only represent yourself and not everyone here.

Opinions are like a$sholes. Learn to accept that everyone has got one and/or either way, move on.

Why did you mention those if they don't matter? I can question you, because you put it there. If you didn't, I couldn't have. Spam works either ways. Nobody noticed because nobody cares. Except you, because you put it out there. I'm sorry if truth is stinging you and it feels like an ambush by logic.

Anyway, I'm going to listen to my own advice and not argue with you. Have a great weekend. :)

Sun90 likes this.
  19. riffraff81
    KitKat May 20, 2017

riffraff81 , May 20, 2017 :
    I have no interest in the brand as their products are grossly overpriced and they do nothing to justify their pricing other than to say "dude, c'mon...it's apple, just buy it".

this isn't 2010 when android was buggy trash. the competition has much more to offer in terms of features and functionality.

but this is coming from someone who looks for something more in a mobile device then for it to be a status symbol.

20. DrAakash
    Jelly Bean May 20, 2017

You're not really in a position to question my replies to the op. Also, questioning my behaviour doesn't really reflect well on your own. Your posts reek of a sense of superiority. Like he had his opinion, so did i, i have nothing personal against the op or Apple, he's a pretty intelligent and articulate person in fact. I never really questioned his facts in this case unless they were pertaining to innovation.
    I said what i wanted to, and nobody else was really bothered. I mentioned what i wanted to, without any implicit or explicit motives, and again, nobody was bothered. But you felt a need to jump up and question and correct me and my behaviour, what does that sound like to you?
    About opinions being what you said they were like, that's true, and you're probably ignoring that in your own case. Nobody noticed cuz nobody cared, and i didn't expect anyone to. Sometimes a statement is just that, a statement, and you're actually reading between the lines, An ambush by logic would've been decent actually, had there been a logic. Picking up words and contorting them to your own advantage to belittle someone isn't really really logic.
    We've shared a good rapport till now, and i hope that would continue. But this wasn't really necessary or nice, so that's it..
    Wishing a great weekend for you as well!

Sun90 likes this.