2. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 25, 2017

G_plusone , May 25, 2017 :
    There are even longer Names

Baymax likes this.
  3. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert May 25, 2017

Baymax , May 25, 2017 :
    It is in the off-topic section. It can be here.

Last edited: May 25, 2017

The1Lion, JasonMR and G_Anna_Mt_MOhQ like this.
  4. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator May 25, 2017

SoniaB , May 25, 2017 :
    No roasting please.
    Be mindful of the forum rules Code of Conduct:

• Showing a lack of respect and tolerance towards any forums members.

5. JasonMR
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

JasonMR , May 25, 2017 :
    Oh hello, "Senior Moderator" now, congratulations :)

Heisenberg_009, SoniaB and The1Lion like this.
  6. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert May 25, 2017

Baymax , May 25, 2017 :
    Sorry about that.

SoniaB and The1Lion like this.
  7. PotatoFry
    Gingerbread May 25, 2017

PotatoFry , May 25, 2017 :
    but that doesn't answer my question

8. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , May 25, 2017 :
    off topic.

but I'll give you another "fact".

iPhone users have been found to show maximum brand loyalty. a whopping 92%!

that's how impressive the phone is.

9. JasonMR
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

JasonMR , May 25, 2017 :
    That doesn't show how impressive the phone is, it could also show just how much the whole Apple infrastructure locks you in.

Heisenberg_009, Baymax and The1Lion like this.
  10. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

can you explain the "locking" mechanism?

The1Lion likes this.
  11. sfomin
    Nougat May 25, 2017

sfomin , May 25, 2017 :
    Apples come in many colors, from white to red. Some have worms in them. #Fact

12. JasonMR
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

JasonMR , May 25, 2017 :
    Google it, all the facts are out there.

13. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

the idea was to understand your reasoning so I could have clarified any misconceptions there.

The1Lion likes this.
  14. JasonMR
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

JasonMR , May 25, 2017 :
    But you don't clarify do you?

Your other thread has a whole load of questions you simply avoid and say that the information is out there, so there's my answer, the information is out there, go find it.

And when you find it, make sure you let @dsmonteiro know

15. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

well, I do know how to differentiate a query from a troll.

so if a question is raised as a query, seeking clarification, I would be more than happy to answer it.

again, it depends on the asker too. since I am not obligated to oblige.

16. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 25, 2017

dsmonteiro , May 25, 2017 :
    Love how he assumes you have misconceptions, knows better than you and is kind enough to explain it for you.

But then again, nothing new here.

17. The1Lion
    Marshmallow May 25, 2017

The1Lion , May 25, 2017 :
    The locking is when you basically buy into an ecosystem (if I understand his meaning). For example, I had an original iPhone and had bought music and apps. So when I was debating switching to Android I had to accept that the money I had put into the Apple ecosystem was a "loss" to some degree. I also had a friend that was tempted to switch to Android but also felt he'd had a lot "invested" in the Apple ecosystem. He did eventually switch to Android however and has had no complaints.

To be honest, most people that ask me about phones seem to have an impression that Apple is the best, but have no idea why. I've always said if it works for you, then good. My wife used a Windows 8 phone for years before switching to Android just last November/December. Majority of users simply want a phone that works and both Android and iOS will work for the majority of users. However, if you want to do more with the phone, you need an Android because Apple is locked down (which actually may be what @JasonMR is talking about - in fact he's probably already responded while I was writing my essay!)

18. JasonMR
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

JasonMR , May 25, 2017 :
    The funny thing is I stated "it could" rather than "it does"

19. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 25, 2017

dsmonteiro , May 25, 2017 :
    No, you just choose to answer to people that aren't technical enough cut through your misleading and false claims.

Don't worry, that doesn't stop me from calling you out.

One more thing, funny that every time someone proves you wrong, you call it trolling, attack them and provoke them but then say you have the community's best interests in mind.

20. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

Apple music is a very new thing. less than 2 years. but people have been talking about "ecosystem" for too long. I would like to know what else you consider as part of the ecosystem.

people have been subscribed to other music providers in much larger numbers and the same is true for Android users, who too would have subscribed to Services that may not be available on iOS.

but, in general, I guess people refer to "ecosystem" as the combination of various Apple devices. that understanding is completely wrong.

going by the sales volumes, less than 20% of iPhone users have also invested in other Apple products like MacBook and iPad. with such low numbers, it is incorrect to talk of people being tied to their "ecosystem" in the sense that it is generally used.

you are right that Android is more versatile, customizable and user friendly given fewer restrictions. but unlike the general opinion in the Android community, an iPhone too can do much of the same with ease, and some with more ease.

but again, when I said X is good, people heard X is better than Y. not my fault. not completely wrong either.