Apple "Facts"

1. The1Lion
    Marshmallow May 25, 2017

The1Lion , May 25, 2017 :
    We're talking two separate things - I was talking about the original iPhone and back when music, books and apps were in one store. Music you bought was in a format other than MP3, so you can to convert it if you wanted to listen to that song (you paid for) on another device.

No, I'm referring to iOS and apps, music, etc... that are formatted or coded to work on iOS. Sure in a round-about way it leads back to devices because Apple devices are what run on iOS, but I'm specifically referring to what I guess can be called 3rd party "add-ons"

Again this would be based on the user. For instance, my iPhone was jailbroken and unlocked so I could use it on T-Mobile (this was before T-Mobile had iPhones and only AT&T offered them). I could jailbreak and unlock iPhones through the iPhone 3GS (I think, it's been awhile) but starting around the iPhone 4 Apple was making it much more difficult to accomplish. Granted, with the way US carriers are now, it's probably a mute point since everyone is selling unlocked phones.

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 25, 2017

dsmonteiro , May 25, 2017 :
    Well, that's your understanding, but not a correct one I'm afraid.

So when people say they are tied to the "Google ecosystem" are they saying they are tied to various Google devices? No. They are tied to the purchases they make on the play store (provided they don't illegally share an account like you suggested) and to all the Google services.

When people say they are tied to the Apple ecosystem, they are tied to the purchases, services (like iMessages, iTunes, etc.), but also to the accessories ecosystem, as most are specifically designed to work with Apple devices.

You decided to define an Apple ecosystem definition that suited your reasoning and made your case around it. And, unlike you, I provide sources: https://www.theverge.com/2015/10/1/...k-apple-i-ll-quit-spotify-because-i-m-a-sheep

3. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , May 25, 2017 :
    incorrect.

a simple example.

I started the thread with the intent to address performance and battery life. as I was adding points, I went on to include other related points too like security, charging, etc.

you "know" we cannot edit the title of a thread once it is created. again, I wanted to have all these recommendations in one place and not open a separate thread to address security settings. but when you raised the point, I did add an opening statement to address the same. yet you chose to stick with the same old argument. that is called "trolling".

you knew points 1 & 2 were relating to security, yet you "trolled" because it didn't tie up with the title of the thread. what am I supposed to do?

on another thread "1+ community app features", you started "trolling" because I used the word "we". not that there was anything wrong with that word being used, because many people indeed want those features. but you chose to trivialize and troll.

anyway, it doesn't matter anymore since you have proved you intent just too often to be a misunderstanding.

you may be a technical person. someone else may not be. that won't change any of the recommendations I made. they are true to the best of my knowledge, understanding, experience and intent.

if I find a flaw, I will correct it immediately. in here, it is unlikely to happen because I know what I have written.

as I said before, people are free to accept or reject. nothing is binding on nobody.

4. adpro
    KitKat May 25, 2017

adpro , May 25, 2017 :
    Lol

Last edited: May 25, 2017

DrAakash and ritesh808 like this.
  5. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert May 25, 2017

Baymax , May 25, 2017 :
    Compared to Android's???
    59234ff76391471f008b58b5-1136-852.png
    While that is impressive, you are missing part of the story. Android has more choices than iPhone due to the fact it is sourced to several different companies.

If we are talking market share, then Android dwarfs the iPhone. (You can check Kantar World Panel if you don't believe me.) So, if you add in the amount of iPhone in the world compared to Android it is less. People can switch to different Android, but iPhone is only iPhone.

Last edited: May 25, 2017

6. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

never heard people complaining about "Google ecosystem". the complaint has always focused on Apple ecosystem.

again, as mentioned earlier, only a very small % of iPhone users own other Apple products, making that argument about Apple ecosystem too invalid.

7. Baymax

Baymax , May 25, 2017 :
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you get these numbers? Everyone I know either has a Macbook, or a pair of Beats headphones along with the iPhone they own.

The1Lion likes this.
  8. roopeshbhardwaj
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 25, 2017

9. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

10. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

so everyone you know is everyone?

11. dsmonteiro

Funny enough, that's not what happened.

I asked what did those points had to do with performance and battery and you did insist it was related to performance, as I had the chance to quote you.

I also talked about other points you still decide to ignore.

You added that opening statement way after I started asking you that. And you never said it was about security until you added that statement. In fact, as I said before, before that you were saying it was about performance.

And I'm free to call you out on it.

No, I raised a point you chose to ignore. What gives you the right to open a thread and express your opinion as if it was the community's opinion? It may be, but it's not your right to do so.

A final note. Have you considered that the issue here may lie on your side of the display...? It's curious that you don't have issues with just me. You insist on assuming you're better than everyone and that what you say trumps everything. That was quite visible when your justification to the your battery and performance guidelines was 'your experience', without any other explanation. If I wanted to troll you I can assure you it would be nothing like this. I'd be in your every thread. And as you can I only wrote in this one after being tagged here. But you can be certain that as long as you try to show you're better than everyone else, I will have a special interest in proving you wrong.

12. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

of course Android market share is just too big.

but have you compared model market share?

i mean the best selling phone model each year.

you will find iPhone models in top 3, and often no. 1.

13. varma246
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

adpro and sfomin like this.
  14. JasonMR
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

JasonMR , May 25, 2017 :
    Oh wow, I wonder why that is...

15. dsmonteiro

http://www.androidauthority.com/break-free-googles-ecosystem-753969/?

Seems like you didn't bother to read. It has nothing to do with owning other apple products. You were the one that said it did.

[edit by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017

DrAakash, sfomin and JasonMR like this.
  16. ritesh808
    Honeycomb May 25, 2017

DrAakash, adpro, Baymax and 1 other person like this.
  17. Baymax

Baymax , May 25, 2017 :
    But once again you are completely ignoring the Android side.

iPhone is only 1 model.

JasonMR likes this.
  18. Baymax

JasonMR likes this.
  19. adpro
    KitKat May 25, 2017

adpro , May 25, 2017 :
    Talking about Apple, orange or banana in a mobile forum doesn't make sense.
    Can someone please close this thread !

varma246 and Yash Bhardwaj like this.
  20. sfomin
    Nougat May 25, 2017

sfomin , May 25, 2017 :
    that article is as retarded as this thread [​IMG]